Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure we have all played on worse surfaces than that. I can remember spraining an ankle running out onto the ground. The only AFL ground I ever played on was the Fitzroy ground in an under 15 Lightning Premership. The ground ended up a swamp, Great fun.
No doubt your correct Baz , but it is 2018 not the 80's

Read my post above Captain. I doubt there is actually any issues with the surface, only the aesthetic look. Give it a couple of weeks of warm weather and it will likely be green all over.
I will take your word for it then , lets see some photos in a months time and see how it looks

If you think that surface is acceptable for an AFL club you have pretty low standards
I haven't got low standards at all.
I'd just want to see a pic of the whole playing surface and maybe another angle of the complex that hasn't got temporary construction fencing around it before I started throwing around words like " pathetic" and " joke of a club" that's all.

I'd just want to see a pic of the whole playing surface and maybe another angle of the complex that hasn't got temporary construction fencing around it before I started throwing around words like " pathetic" and " joke of a club" that's all.
I walked the oval its the same everywhere. Needs to get sorted its backyard s**t.

Im not worried about the complex , its brand new and still more to do , im talking about the grass , i couldnt care about the surrounds or and construction work as i dont see how that even comes into the convo , anyway as i said to bird lets see what it looks like in a moths time

I do hope they plant some trees and maybe fix up up the opposite wing side similar to what Collingwood have done with Vic park , be great to watch the VFL paying there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see. Was wondering whether he'd get an early start or not.
Nice scoop man! Your full of beans since you won the Derby hey? ;)

Is it just me, or does he look a lot leaner than normal?
Definitely looks thin in that photo. Must have had a big few weeks on the nose beers at yoga camp!

Wasn't so much commenting on the state of the ground Snake.
More the barren feel to the whole complex from that shot it has to be said!
That's why i said it looks like a suburban ground in every way!

But i always find that the people who are outraged about others that have a less rose coloured
view of the club and the way it operates as being more revealing than the so called
Outrage of the naysayers in the first place!

And yes Sack Richo!
Oh don’t speak ill of our mighty club

as for the ground i was in Melb for the dogs game this year and the oval looked fantastic so its prob as mentioned needing a bit more sun on it ... maybe Plugger66 can give some insight as he is the lawn expert ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back