Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna be a great fight. Gonna be huge.

Only prob, I think it's on when the Adelaide fightnight is on.

I just happen to be in LA for that fight. Defs gonna try and get my hands on a ticket.

The fight will be on Saturday 1 December, although as it will be held in Los Angeles, California, it will be shown live in the early hours of Sunday 2 December in the UK.
So yeah i think that will be the same as the adelaide card tine wise (?)

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/01/tyso...ard-odds-and-tv-coverage-7994082/?ito=cbshare

Adelaide card starts early on dec 2nd:

Hunt joins fellow Aussies Tai Tuivasa and Tyson Pedro in a stacked card at UFC Fight Night 142, which will be held at the Adelaide Entertainment Center.

The event begins at 10am (ACDT) with the main card beginning at approximately 1.30pm (ACDT).

Tickets are on sale next Friday 12th October at 10am.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/ameri...s/news-story/f0200f1fba09a18b509b71187e59687b

Last edited:
Got my tickets to Wilder-Fury. Keen as.

Disappointed that I'll be missing out on Horn-Mundine though. Would've enjoyed seeing Mundine getting hopefully knocked out.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
legit trash talk hey? Looked as though Fury was dead set on scrapping there and then. First a body spar then real. Bit of a dickhead actually tbh. Why would you scrap on there anyway and risk having the fight canned and missing out on an opportunity and pay day. It's different these days, not sure they would scrap the fight { if they scrapped } but times have changed. Years ago Barrera and Morales got into an exchange in one of their promos but they still fought, as did Lewis vs Tyson.

Years later hehe

I thought there was another one with Barrera and Morales, perhaps at a weigh in.

Any gossip on why deontay keeps knocking back joshuas offer?
Location?...money?
Not my words, but someone summed up who's fault it was in the whole saga here...

Anyone who doesn’t think that after all he’s done has no intention of ever re-evaluating or challenging their opinion. I actually came into this negotiation thinking AJ would be eager to fight Wilder and make it big internationally and shut up his doubters one more time. Horribly disappointed at the sham he’s allowed Eddie to put on.

Literally the evidence against AJ is: refusal to entertain or offer a percentage split in a unification. We saw how he offered it right away to Parker because he actually wanted that fight. Literally the debate should be over there. There’s no other reason to explain no percentage split when he’s happy to offer a lesser draw in Parker one.

Offering a lowball 12 million flat fee and saying it was “take it or leave it” before denying it was take it or leave it after getting s**t on in the press.

Promise to fight for 50 mill, then coming up with a number of excuses for not agreeing to terms (no contract as if he doesn’t know terms are agreed to before contracts drafted and no proof of funds before denying he ever asked for proof of funds) before turning it down because he suddenly decided he wanted a UK fight.

Signing to face Povetkin after sending a contract without date/venue/rematch clause that Wilder didn’t sign for obvious reasons and acting like its Wilder’s fault that he didn’t sign it.

Hearn announcing a set of Wembley dates that would’ve taken months to negotiate when he was negotiating a Wilder fight in the US. Come on, are people really delusional enough to not realize what that means?

Barry Hearn ******* saying Finkel wanted the fight, but Matchroom didn’t lmfao as if Barry wasn’t Matchroom’s Chairman

Evidence against Wilder:

Was almost a week late with counteroffer (the only actually shitty thing his team did)

Finkel Cancelled a single meeting with Eddie before meeting with Barry and (in the words of Eddie) answering the concerns Eddie had about finances. I still see Brits on this sub bring this up as if even Hearn stopped using this argument because he didn’t think people would fall for it.

Warren saying he wanted to bid on the fight’s rights if it happened in the US. A last minute excuse Eddie came up with as if he wasn’t aware that BT would try to bid on a fight that happens in the US.

So yeah, Wilder will be by far the most dangerous boxer AJ has ever met, and Eddie just doesn't want to risk the cash cow yet.

Liam Paro stops Robert Tlatlik. Very impressive peformance. Won every second of the fight. One to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any interest fellas?

5F357C4F-BDDF-4162-B011-F957DCEE71BC.png

Personally I think Usky schools him baaaaaad.

Any interest fellas?

View attachment 582392

Personally I think Usky schools him baaaaaad.
If you like seeing a man get beaten up in slowly and painfully, then this is the fight for you. Bellew is gonna get crushed here. And this won't be a one punch knockout, it'll either be a stoppage, or Bellew will cop an absolute beating, and get destroyed on the cards, kinda like Vitali vs Briggs.

That being said, I'm sure as hell gonna watch it. Fox Sports rarely has any boxing, try to watch every event to make the most of it.

If you like seeing a man get beaten up in slowly and painfully, then this is the fight for you. Bellew is gonna get crushed here. And this won't be a one punch knockout, it'll either be a stoppage, or Bellew will cop an absolute beating, and get destroyed on the cards, kinda like Vitali vs Briggs.

That being said, I'm sure as hell gonna watch it. Fox Sports rarely has any boxing, try to watch every event to make the most of it.
Yeah a lot is being made of Usyk not having the 1 punch KO power but his skills and movement for a big guy are sublime, so agreed, Bellew is gonna get beaten like a stray dog.

Usyk gets it done after a slow start. Didnt think I'd be thinking kinda sad for Bellew, but it's a sad way to end that career.

Any more talk on trying to get Lomachenko to fight in Sydney?
There's a telegraph article from Oct but it's behind a paywall.

God if they got him to Melb I'd drive over for sure

Link to the article with no paywall: https://outline.com/2R4Pce

It'll never happen though. Too much money in the US, unless the NSW government chips in a big percentage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back