MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

They do, an article about this indicated Geelong were doing what they could but were limited by salary cap expenses.

I do feel for them with 3 kids so young and one with autism but if it was so urgent to get home why the hell did he refuse to even talk to Freo?
Makes you wonder what sort of state their salary cap was in if they couldn't squeeze in even part of the cost for assistance to the family, particularly when you consider what he was giving them on field, compared to what they're paying him as a first year draftee.

Meanwhile, Mrs Count and I went from having one set of grandparents 5mins away, and another an hour, to one set 5 hours away, and another in a different state, and it certainly can get difficult at times, and my kids are perfectly healthy - albeit a little bit nuts ... but this issue is entirely of their own making via refusing to go to Freo ... Desperately needing to get home for family reasons, but only to the reigning premiers ... spare me.

Makes you wonder what sort of state their salary cap was in if they couldn't squeeze in even part of the cost for assistance to the family, particularly when you consider what he was giving them on field, compared to what they're paying him as a first year draftee.

Meanwhile, Mrs Count and I went from having one set of grandparents 5mins away, and another an hour, to one set 5 hours away, and another in a different state, and it certainly can get difficult at times, and my kids are perfectly healthy - albeit a little bit nuts ... but this issue is entirely of their own making via refusing to go to Freo ... Desperately needing to get home for family reasons, but only to the reigning premiers ... spare me.

I'm pretty sure there is a limit to how much money you can give to a player straight out of the national draft.

I'm pretty sure there is a limit to how much money you can give to a player straight out of the national draft.
Yeah true. They're locked in to their draft salary (as I'm pretty sure the higher you go, the more you get starting off) for the first 2 years ... but surely something could be done for special circumstance ... No idea really

Yeah true. They're locked in to their draft salary (as I'm pretty sure the higher you go, the more you get starting off) for the first 2 years ... but surely something could be done for special circumstance ... No idea really

Nah you can extend the contracts and pay them more I'm pretty sure

Nah you can extend the contracts and pay them more I'm pretty sure
You can extend them, but the first 2 years are definitely locked. I remember when the Dogs picked up Boyd on his ridiculous contract after his first season, it was made all the worse by the fact that he was still being paid $70-$80k in the first year of it.

You can extend them, but the first 2 years are definitely locked. I remember when the Dogs picked up Boyd on his ridiculous contract after his first season, it was made all the worse by the fact that he was still being paid $70-$80k in the first year of it.

I guess that's to stop managers trying to rip clubs off early.

Geez ... and I complained about the box around the Zurich logo on our jumpers!

579355_f061b1444fa1a1b3d206693ddb0664f2.PNG

I'm not sure if fitting the sponsor box into the sash makes it better or worse.

The sash has been spilt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worse I think.

But thank you. You’re totally right and I wouldn’t have put my finger on it if you hadn’t raised the issue. I don’t know if that makes it good or bad that you pointed it out.

Somehow reminds me of my partner who is deadly at spotting continuity faults on tv dramas. It’s an amazing gift but makes it very difficult for me to get into a story while having the tv paused every ten minutes so I can appreciate a minor character who was wearing a wristwatch during a scene for it to vanish a moment later.

Worse I think.

But thank you. You’re totally right and I wouldn’t have put my finger on it if you hadn’t raised the issue. I don’t know if that makes it good or bad that you pointed it out.

Somehow reminds me of my partner who is deadly at spotting continuity faults on tv dramas. It’s an amazing gift but makes it very difficult for me to get into a story while having the tv paused every ten minutes so I can appreciate a minor character who was wearing a wristwatch during a scene for it to vanish a moment later.
*ing shits me when cigarettes are different lengths between cuts.

Looks like Dayne Zorko has been a naughty boy ...

At least it’s keeping the off season mildly interesting
So much could be avoided if people knew how to control their urges

Thoughts on this lads
And ladetts

Inspired by the Pig, grew the mo out.

Good on you. You're one weird looking campaigner but most of us aren't peaches. Makes me think of a line from MST3K:

"It takes a real man to wear Farrah Fawcett hair."

Own that s**t.

Good on you. You're one weird looking campaigner but most of us aren't peaches. Makes me think of a line from MST3K:

"It takes a real man to wear Farrah Fawcett hair."

Own that s**t.
And this was on a bad hair day, mate u should see me when i make an effort

Blew my mind when I found out people are actually employed to do that on film sets.

Thoughts on this lads
First (and only) thought was you remind me of the guy who takes heaps of whizz before a job interview in Trainspotting, only with longer hair and a mo.

:thumbsu:

MV5BNjY5MTQ5MjIzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDc2NTQyOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Blew my mind when I found out people are actually employed to do that on film sets.

First (and only) thought was you remind me of the guy who takes heaps of whizz before a job interview in Trainspotting, only with longer hair and a mo.

:thumbsu:

MV5BNjY5MTQ5MjIzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDc2NTQyOQ@@._V1_.jpg
Or the photo that JW and Buggy put on the social media with the caption "@JJ you ready!?" like im the most intimidating campaigner out there lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back