Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Darren Minchington

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
I work closely with a Saints fan, who is pretty defeated by what his club has dished up for some time.....if we turn Minchington into a player, it just might break him.

Take the opportunity to convert him Abasi, his life, and possible yours will be happier, at least in your working environment.;)

Take the opportunity to convert him Abasi, his life, and possible yours will be happier, at least in your working environment.;)
Nah, he deserves them.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Perhaps Puopolo & Nash (depending where he plays) but likely wouldn't be doing so in the first half of this year (re: Popeye).

Perhaps in competition with Worpel for a mid/forward role.

I'm sure we'd love it if he developed & ended up B22, but for now he's free depth in a couple of positions.
:'(Not my man Conor. How could you be so cruel Brant? 2019 could be a big one for Nash.

Clarkos_Soldier

All Australian
Jul 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This tells me that either:

1. Wingard is going to play midfield. Or
2. he will play in the backline which means he will need some time to develop in that role.

Could he be our next Guerra?

Turly

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2010
mill park
AFL Club
Hawthorn

2. he will play in the backline which means he will need some time to develop in that role.

Mate Guerra was a gun. But Wingard is a superstar when up and running, there is no comparison.

He’ll be playing a combination of mid/fwd.

Mate Guerra was a gun. But Wingard is a superstar when up and running, there is no comparison.

Think he meant that Minchington would play in defence.

Clarkos_Soldier

All Australian
Jul 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I was hoping you would image the hope on my face as I asked that question. :)

Guerra was a gun but we were his third club if i remember cotrectly and he too was delisted. Before coming across to us not many saw him as a gun.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls

Hope so, but the club website introduced him as a midfielder, feedback from Saints supporters was that he was excellent in the seconds as a mid and was played out of position in the seniors as a small forward.

Injury and being played out of position are what held him back, so lets hope his body let's him get a good run at it.

Feb 11, 2004
I'm Liv'n in the 70's
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill , BulleenTemp.
Based purely on the highlight reel, he positions himself well for the fall of the ball and knows where the goals are.
He also appears to use his pace well to get out the back on a turnover.
What the highlights didn't show was anability to win a contested ball (in packs), or his evasive skills in close.
Not saying he doesn't have these skills but, as mentioned, they often don't make it to a highlight reel.

Either way he seems to have more pace and better foot skills than both Lovell or Langers.

I guess time will tell but seems like an equal or improvement on the previously mentioned duo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rabbitpig

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
launceston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah but worrying that he couldn’t get a game with the saints don’t you think .
Not at all, The Saints coaching hierarchy couldn't identify talent at a talent contest, and their player development concentrates more on the operation of lighters so as to burn dwarfs, rather than footballing abilities. The next Robert Harvey could very well be running around carrying the drinks and oranges in the ressies!.

Don't understand the glass half full attitude about this guy. Sure Clarko & GW know what they are on about.

If the guy can get a game in the seniors, he can play forward or midfield. Maybe there is a need for a little more midfield or forward pressure, in our side. The ball comes out of the forward line far too easily in 2018, with Puopolo and co not being able to keep the ball in there so well. I do understand the questions about why no KP player as we still lack marking options up forward. However, the trading period isn't done and I'm sure there is method to the selections.

The guy looks exciting and i hope he gets fit enough to play a stack of games.
I think you mean half empty.

Your glass is half full, maybe even pushing 3/4 full ;)

JD1992

Debutant
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Russell worked his magic in a hidden underground bunker so no eyes could see his voodoo magic healing skills. His mystical ways are gone forever to his carlton hideaway.

OR

Was part of a team and others helped and gained knowledge. Happy team at Hawthorn kind of thing.

I'm leaning towards the later.
The article about Russell leaving basically said he was transitioning away from hands on already, so he was developing the team to replace him in 12 months fully. As such I agree with your theory of team.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back