TV Rights

It was relevant. You just didn't get why. My terribly profound point was that people have different opinions. Some people loved Cometti. Some hated him. And as I said to Cruyff, there is also the problem you get that even with a good commentator they generally only have so many fresh takes on the game.

The fact a few presenters pronounce names more like they should sound is, for me, likely to make them more interesting, not less.

Cole Walker probably thinks his name should be pronounced Kyle, but what would he know. :)

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning
Cole Walker probably thinks his name should be pronounced Kyle, but what would he know. :)
Kyle/Karl/Cole. You can hear all of those things if you go looking for it. I prefer to spend my time on other things. Nighty night.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Kyle/Karl/Cole. You can hear all of those things if you go looking for it. I prefer to spend my time on other things. Nighty night.

Craig unmistakably said Fernanjinho and Cole Walker. You might think I just dislike the guy and I heard what I wanted to. But if it were a one time thing like the time Charles Barkley said Karl Korver (his name is Kyle) I wouldn’t even say anything but this is a constant thing with Craig Foster.

Lucy pronounces names the way she does because she just does but with Craig, he seems to intentionally get names wrong or goes with the tried and tested formula of not commenting the players name instead going with his version of “that guy” and it just comes off as arrogant.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2005
Oz
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Is anybody having trouble trying to subscribe to the $15 monthly subscription fee once the trial period ends?
I just can't see the option anywhere for adding payment and of course the Optus help is sh*thouse

Just don't want to miss tomorrow nights action

So how did everyone go with first night of UCL? All games available live. No issues for me. Pre/post game stuff same as World Cup with Richard Bayliss as host. Not big European names, but not horrible.

All fantastic. Is there a goal rush equivalent for CL? I was happy just to watch Liverpool but might be better.

So how did everyone go with first night of UCL? All games available live. No issues for me. Pre/post game stuff same as World Cup with Richard Bayliss as host. Not big European names, but not horrible.
Mine dropped out a little on the train but prob more me the optus sports

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
I have had no real problems with optus besides WC of course, my only problem is would like to see every game on demand I always forget to check and when arsenal are playing at a time that just doesnt work for me turn up we are not on demand. other than that im totally ok with it all. I didnt have fox when they had rights did they show every game or just a couple

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
I have had no real problems with optus besides WC of course, my only problem is would like to see every game on demand I always forget to check and when arsenal are playing at a time that just doesnt work for me turn up we are not on demand. other than that im totally ok with it all. I didnt have fox when they had rights did they show every game or just a couple

On demand for all games will happen as of next year when the new contract comes in. All games are currently replayed on the live channel, but you will need to find out when on the guide.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Last edited:
For those that want Fox Sports suite (incl. espn and BeIN sports) without an entry “entertainment” pack, they have just launched

https://kayosports.com.au/

$25 a month for 2 streams, or $35 for 3 streams...

Personally for me, more beneficial during football season, but if you like cricket or motor racing etc, worth a look.

Content available:

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/What-content-is-available-as-part-of-your-Kayo-subscription

Is it for the actual channels? Like, AFL 360 etc. included?

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
You can watch 4 streams at once...

ZY9E9ro.jpg

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
would that be on all telly's? like you dont need to have something super flash?

That's on PC (or laptop). They haven't launched any apps as yet, although it says apps for Android, iOS and Apple TV4 and 4K, and Telstra TV are to launch soon.

Currently AirPlay to Apple TV 4 or 4K and Chromecast is working, although I've experienced some stability issues so far...

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Is this such a great deal? I have IQ3 basic + all sports in HD for $39 / month. Not sure if that deal is still available but as soon as my 12 month period is up ill be "cancelling" unless it doesn't continue.

Well it is if your only option is streaming and they just made their entry Foxtel Now price $54... you’re in the fortunate position of being able to negotiate...and yes $39 is a promo deal they did, ans sport + HD is normally $59 as far as I’m aware...

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Is this such a great deal? I have IQ3 basic + all sports in HD for $39 / month. Not sure if that deal is still available but as soon as my 12 month period is up ill be "cancelling" unless it doesn't continue.

Also, it’s possible to share an account and get all Sport for $12.50 a month each, or $11.70 if split three ways on. The $35 account...

Back