Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

It's still a 21st. It basically changes nothing in your life and when you're a particular age, you could quite conceivably be invited to 15-20 in a year. I can't remember anyone nominating their 21st birthday as the best day of their life, off the top of my head.

So your qualification for someone to be your friend on Facebook is 'anyone'? If they send you a request, they're in? Because that's my question.
Oh man, crack a window, it's nice outside.

'So, my advice to anyone who is doing a ‘friend cull’: if you want to stay ‘real’ friends with anybody, don’t defriend them on social media, because they will see it as a huge insult. I realise it is entirely my fault but the fact she didn’t accept my apology, nor my friend request, tells me she was never a true friend in the first place.'

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/08/17/09/37/unfriending-friend-on-facebook

Has anyone else done a Facebook cull and it's caused drama after?

My general rule is i only cull people who's presence i wouldn't acknoweledge if i saw them in public after the time of the cull.

I culled Facebook friends by deleting the whole thing. Every now and again I will come across someone who have a go at me for deleting them and then they give me a confused look after I explain that, no, I deleted Facebook completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'So, my advice to anyone who is doing a ‘friend cull’: if you want to stay ‘real’ friends with anybody, don’t defriend them on social media, because they will see it as a huge insult. I realise it is entirely my fault but the fact she didn’t accept my apology, nor my friend request, tells me she was never a true friend in the first place.'

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/08/17/09/37/unfriending-friend-on-facebook

Has anyone else done a Facebook cull and it's caused drama after?

My general rule is i only cull people who's presence i wouldn't acknoweledge if i saw them in public after the time of the cull.
You can cull (I have) someone and 'stay friends' in Facebook. Also, if someone's a real world friend you can always warn them beforehand that you're giving them the boot.

This could be in the shits me thread: People hiding their age on Facebook so they can lie on Tinder but still want everybody alerted when it's October 18th (or whenever) so they get 37 "happy birthday xoxo" messages.

People you know whom have passed on, and seeing "Happy Birthday have a great day" messages on their wall on their birthdays. I feel awkward for those people.

People you know whom have passed on, and seeing "Happy Birthday have a great day" messages on their wall on their birthdays. I feel awkward for those people.
My cousin posted a "happy heavenly birthday" status to our dead nana the other day :straining:

Nana woulda been 79 and never had a Facebook page.

This could be in the shits me thread: People hiding their age on Facebook so they can lie on Tinder but still want everybody alerted when it's October 18th (or whenever) so they get 37 "happy birthday xoxo" messages.

I've seen a girl put herself on Tinder as 26 when I know for a fact she is 37.

Of course love, those filtered make up selfies make all the difference. A guy isn't going to notice in real life...

Not sure what my age settings are on Facebook but I'd prefer to hide my birthday altogether so I don't get happy birthday messages from people I haven't spoken to since 2001.

Rarely use Facebook these days though I did use it recently when I was overseas to post photos.

I've seen a girl put herself on Tinder as 26 when I know for a fact she is 37.

Of course love, those filtered make up selfies make all the difference. A guy isn't going to notice in real life...

Not sure what my age settings are on Facebook but I'd prefer to hide my birthday altogether so I don't get happy birthday messages from people I haven't spoken to since 2001.

Yeah birthday messages suck, deleted my birthday off my account a few years ago. Although I did it so I didn't get too depressed when no-one whished me a HB :p. I only say HB to people in person, don't see much point in doing it on Facebook.

Yeah birthday messages suck, deleted my birthday off my account a few years ago. Although I did it so I didn't get too depressed when no-one whished me a HB :p. I only say HB to people in person, don't see much point in doing it on Facebook.

I reckon I used to get 50 or 100 HB messages then I stopped posting them. Now I'm probably down to 10 or so, none of which come from people I actually talk to.

If I want to wish someone HB I'll just call/text them.

I reckon I used to get 50 or 100 HB messages then I stopped posting them. Now I'm probably down to 10 or so, none of which come from people I actually talk to.

If I want to wish someone HB I'll just call/text them.

The HB message boom happened early 2010s where you'd get people you barely knew saying HB these days even those people with over 1000 friends would be lucky to get 30. It's all about tagging people in memes instead.

****. That happens ??

Seen it once and it was this year for someone who died last year.

I was going to message the person so they could delete it but i didn't and the last time i looked a few weeks ago the birthday message is still there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back