Youf/Academy Thread

We've been a bit mad this season. Lots of goals scored, lots conceded. Battling 1-1 against Liverpool a day or so away. Nouazi has been a bit of a standout, 2 hattrick in his three games so far. Garcia was amazing in pre season and Bernabe just making his way.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC

One of Windy's favourites is off on loan to the Spanish 3rd div. Looking like another one in this "golden generation" of ours who won't work out. Edwards and Shashoua were the two highest rated, Bennetts and Griffiths now at decent European clubs. Something is a little bit off down there

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
FIFA are looking at changing loan rules. Talking about a limit of 8 loans per club excluding U21 players.

I'd like this to happen.

I'd prefer us to sell with a buyback rather than continuously loaning out. Though most of our army are acamedy kids under 21, the joys of having the strongest acamedy i guess. Just need to start playing them.

FIFA are looking at changing loan rules. Talking about a limit of 8 loans per club excluding U21 players.
Currently we have (5) Bogdan, Karius, Randall, Grujic and Ings as over 21 players on loan so it wouldn't hurt us too badly.

Grujic the only one that might ever return.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
How old are the ones they are in trouble for signing?

They're currently top of the PL2 wonder if any of them are involved at that level or is it younger players

They're currently top of the PL2 wonder if any of them are involved at that level or is it younger players
Not sure, But I reckon none of these players would be involved in U23s games.

Not sure, But I reckon none of these players would be involved in U23s games.

I believe it relates to u18 academy players from something that came up about it a while ago. Was trying to do a bit of research into it as it was regarding the Cardiff player mentioned, who was signed by Man Utd & is in their academy now I believe.

This news would explain the change of personnel in academy management not too long ago. Pretty disappointing news, but would like to know more details as I’m sure a lot of clubs would be involved in similar activities

It used to be if you get done for tapping up kids you had to be really stupid.

But the rules have really tightened up, and the authorities have a lot more power to investigate. Ok

I think we'll see more and more of this while clubs really nail down their procedures to make sure they follow the letter of the law.

Back