Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt - but as a measure of the impact of small forwards, getting it through sticks is semi-relevant.
Stats are not always the be all and end all.

Goal assists may not be reflected in turnovers, or creative plays that start a passage. Point still stands. I'd happily take Cyril over Betts and Milne and I don't think that opinion is really that delusional.

Stats are not always the be all and end all.

Goal assists may not be reflected in turnovers, or creative plays that start a passage. Point still stands. I'd happily take Cyril over Betts and Milne and I don't think that opinion is really that delusional.

Suggesting you’d prefer Rioli isn’t delusional, he’s obviously a great player.

However suggesting it isn’t close is having a laff.

Milne the player is criminally underrated due to the fact he’s a subpar human.

Betts is a bloody star.

I’d have Betts personally.

Seems more like "A little extra mayo from supporters" than delusional pearlers.

It's not like the claim was about superstar Will Langford.
I'd say it was because of the typical Hawkes arrogance in how it was written

Suggesting you’d prefer Rioli isn’t delusional, he’s obviously a great player.

However suggesting it isn’t close is having a laff.

Milne the player is criminally underrated due to the fact he’s a subpar human.

Betts is a bloody star.

I’d have Betts personally.

Jeff Farmer very stiff not to be mentioned here Jade

Hawkes fan making s**t up again said:
Don't know if you'd call it irony or whatever - but it seems like Port have one move when it comes to player movement. Make the player upset, then make the trade happen. They did it with both Burton and Wingard in the same trade period. Both players, before trade period, felt they were secure and where they wanted to be.

How did Port make Burton upset...

Seriously what the *.

head*ed hawthorn fan said:
It’s almost as fun as reminding Bomber fans that they only landed Shiel because we walked away from the chase.
Au contraire, the Shiel situation is actually pretty nice to reflect on. Whenever it's brought up it's a reminder that Sheil chose EFC and less money ahead of Carlton, Hawthorn and Saints.

Last edited:
Au contraire, the Shiel situation is actually pretty nice to reflect on. Whenever it's brought up it's a reminder that Sheil chose EFC and less money ahead of Carlton, Hawthorn and Saints.

The delusional thing is that he believes it.

Some Hawkes fans will mention Hawks pulling out of the Shiel race as a way to troll Essendon fans. This *head 100% beleives that Hawthorn had Shiel but gave him up at the last moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if Clarkson and Wright, who play this game strategically and for the long haul... drafted him knowing they could turn him into the chip to get Wingard after a couple of years ;)

To me it seems like he's trying to get onto facebook first to say 'no, no, I dumped you.'

A lot of his quotes there strike me as Ryan trying to convince himself of those things as opposed to actually feeling them.

I'm sure he'll feel better about it all and be comfortable at Port in time, but at the moment I'm not convinced by the whole "yeah, I'm actually really happy now" thing.
Unbelievable. Check out the tone of those.

Ryan Burton. A strategic chip who was always meant to be traded like meat, who is a noob for feeling upset and has no right to be happy at a new club after he was shafted. Because how could anyone be happy when they are not at the hawks..
#familyclub #shouldhavebeenrisingstar

I didnt even cherry pick these, they are just the 3 most recent posts from the hawks board. Clearly the enemy now. Doesnt take much to turn those hawks supporters.
Poor kid. I hope he doesnt read the hawks board, and hope he wins a brownlow.

Unbelievable.

Ryan Burton. A strategic pick who was always meant to be traded like meat, who is a noob for feeling upset and has no right to be happy at a new club after he was shafted.
#familyclub #shouldhavebeenrisingstar

I didnt even cherry pick these, they are just the 3 most recent posts from the hawks board. Clearly the enemy now. Doesnt take much to turn those hawks supporters.
Poor kid.

That first one is an absolute beauty.

Should be interesting interviews with upcoming draftees.

Hey kid, we’re really after some of these guns we rate far higher than you. Are you willing to give it your all and sacrifice for the club to improve your market value and enable us trade you for some of our key targets in 2021? Don’t need to make any friends with your teammates by the way, you won’t be around them for very long if things go to plan.

Should be interesting interviews with upcoming draftees.

Hey kid, we’re really after some of these guns we rate far higher than you. Are you willing to give it your all and sacrifice for the club to improve your market value and enable us trade you for some of our key targets in 2021? Don’t need to make any friends with your teammates by the way, you won’t be around them for very long if things go to plan.
2n5le3.jpg

If only Essendon hadn't CHEATED to STEAL the Rising Star from Brunton then they could have even kept their Pick 15. Clearly the Hawkes hadn't planned on Essendon's CHEATING to get McGrath the Rising Star.

3 years of planning RUINED because of Essendon.

More gold from the hawks board.
From the most recent page of their Irving Mosquito welcome thread (a lol in itself)

As is the killer instinct tackling.

But most familiarly, when the play stops after he takes a mark, he keeps going, leaving everyone around him flat-footed. Very Cyril-esque.
This is a reminder for when they inevitably declare he was crap anyway. Future Cyril for us!

Word is that Irving may slip through without being bid on, allowing us to take him as a Cat B rookie, which would be amazing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back