Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness Birdman, Dark Saint never mentioned his African heritage once!
So doubt that has anything to do with it.

His overall point about our players looking underdeveloped and lacking endurance
in the past has merit! Hopefully that all changes with the new regime!
I wasn't saying he did.

Just saying it is hardly surprising to see an African man win a time trial. Because they are often fantastic runners. Hardly a blight on the other boys.

I wasn't saying he did.

Just saying it is hardly surprising to see an African man win a time trial. Because they are often fantastic runners. Hardly a blight on the other boys.
Oh fair enough! I misread then. Not for the first time! :oops:
Agree totally on Africans being elite runners too.

Would you concede that in the past 5 yrs for all our overall very good injury management
Our players seem to have taken longer than others when it comes to physical and mental development?

FFS he's a top endurance runner. He ran 9.47 three years ago and there's no suggestion that he's slowed down.

From this thread...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/3km-time-trial.1082717/
Around 9;45 - sub 10 mins is elite for AFL. Most players should be around the 10 - 11 min mark. Obvious mids closer to 10 and the bigger guys near 11

Lots of hot air here. Give it a rest. How you can come to the conclusion that Brandon was overlapped from a picture is beyond me. Then you ask me to prove it when you're the one who made the assumption in the first place. No point arguing with you about it. That's what you believe, good for you. I laughed at your post and moved on. Seen plenty of stuff on here worse than that. If it were me I would wait to/see if I can find out what the full results of the time trial were otherwise it's merely speculation. You saw a picture and labelled it as fact.

I will reserve judgement until I see Brandon perform. If he is not good enough, then he will be delisted just like anyone else who isn't up to the level. To suggest anything more than that from the very, very little that we've been given so far is pretty poor IMO.
They say a picture tells a thousand words ,,,,, its true ;)

Oh fair enough! I misread then. Not for the first time! :oops:
Agree totally on Africans being elite runners too.

Would you concede that in the past 5 yrs for all our overall very good injury management
Our players seem to have taken longer than others when it comes to physical and mental development?
Hard to tell, but I think our development overall is worry so it wouldn't surprise me, although it also might have a bit to do with the type of players we have drafted. Not a huge amount of speed.

Photoshopped? Where did that physique suddenly come from? He's just been doing selfies with the Clintons since the season finished....
reminds me of the year Sean Ralphsmith came back to preseason so ripped they called him the terminator. unfortunately he continued to not play like the terminator.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

reminds me of the year Sean Ralphsmith came back to preseason so ripped they called him the terminator. unfortunately he continued to not play like the terminator.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I'm not too sure the umps would look to favourably on guys taking a terminator approach to the game so I reckon we got away with one there...

To be fair, he did eventually get terminated ;)

Must confess i havn't been down that way for about 10 years , i used to work down that way and go to watch the boys training on the way home
If you can use Google Maps or a similar app, you can see the development plus the park. The Google Maps image is approximately 12 months old but you’ll still grasp what’s there quite well.

If you can use Google Maps or a similar app, you can see the development plus the park. The Google Maps image is approximately 12 months old but you’ll still grasp what’s there quite well.
Thanks mate i will take a look now

Thanks for posting that Brut and good luck in the Mackinnon on Saturday, you only confirmed what most of us knew and thats Whitey needs to get his s**t together , thats a pretty average effort considering how long he has been at the club

I still remember the video of him in tears with his family the night he was drafted. Come on BW, show us what it really means to you.

Last year should have been a wake up call for him, but I think for some players it takes a while till the penny drops. Hopefully it happens soon for him.

Haven't been keeping up, who was there that confirmed it?
Do you need Richo to come out and say he was , its pretty self explanatory i would have though and not sure why you cant seem to accept the fact the Brandon was very disappointing to say the least , its not like im have a go at you as such

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you need Richo to come out and say he was , its pretty self explanatory i would have though and not sure why you cant seem to accept the fact the Brandon was very disappointing to say the least , its not like im have a go at you as such
What??

Problem is the previous photo was too closely cropped.

If you pan out it becomes clear that White is in fact being lapped

2dw9jx3.jpg

even if White was lapped by Jok (lets be honest if his draft combine times are anything to go by the boy can run..) there is three main points to consider :
1. its the first time trial of preseason we still have until late Feb before games start so still heaps of time for conditioning
2. we dont know the program White is on for all we know he has been on restricted work loads during the off season
3. its a time trial ... there will always be a winner and there will always be a loser ...

even if White was lapped by Jok (lets be honest if his draft combine times are anything to go by the boy can run..) there is three main points to consider :
1. its the first time trial of preseason we still have until late Feb before games start so still heaps of time for conditioning
2. we dont know the program White is on for all we know he has been on restricted work loads during the off season
3. its a time trial ... there will always be a winner and there will always be a loser ...
I agree with just about everything you said but its not fact that Jok won or even lapped him its more that he finished at the tail of the field when he is into his fourth pre season , he turned up to pre season out of shape last year and it appears he has done the same again . For a kid who is struggling to get a game you would have thought he would have come back in better shape.
Yes its the first time trial but thats still no excuse , i think your giving him lots of outs Trav so i guess we will have to wait and see with him , I suppose what pisses me off more than anything is i think he could be a special player for us if he ever gets it together , Fearless , Great overhead , fantastic kick of the ball . Dont waste it Brandon as before you know it you will be playing bush footy

I agree with just about everything you said but its not fact that Jok won or even lapped him its more that he finished at the tail of the field when he is into his fourth pre season , he turned up to pre season out of shape last year and it appears he has done the same again . For a kid who is struggling to get a game you would have thought he would have come back in better shape.
Yes its the first time trial but thats still no excuse , i think your giving him lots of outs Trav so i guess we will have to wait and see with him , I suppose what pisses me off more than anything is i think he could be a special player for us if he ever gets it together , Fearless , Great overhead , fantastic kick of the ball . Dont waste it Brandon as before you know it you will be playing bush footy
nah im not giving him an out ... if it is in fact he has turned up in a not acceptable condition then that is very disapointing and he would be in for a "summer of pain" as the fitness guys put him in the "FAT CAMP" group ... but the thing is we are basing all of this on one photo that doesnt really give a clear indication of anything .. did he have of season surgery ? did he have a modified training load in the down time ? was he suffering from the same illness Steele is recovering from ? did he pull up sore so went to a jog not a run? ... these are all plausable reasons but the fact is we dont know either way what the full story is ..
its also worth noting that Lenny Hayes in his book makes mention to being regularly put into the "Fat Camp" group coming into pre-season and in the end he always by the start of the season was in ripping shape so lets judge him on where he is at in February before we get too worked up...

nah im not giving him an out ... if it is in fact he has turned up in a not acceptable condition then that is very disapointing and he would be in for a "summer of pain" as the fitness guys put him in the "FAT CAMP" group ... but the thing is we are basing all of this on one photo that doesnt really give a clear indication of anything .. did he have of season surgery ? did he have a modified training load in the down time ? was he suffering from the same illness Steele is recovering from ? did he pull up sore so went to a jog not a run? ... these are all plausable reasons but the fact is we dont know either way what the full story is ..
its also worth noting that Lenny Hayes in his book makes mention to being regularly put into the "Fat Camp" group coming into pre-season and in the end he always by the start of the season was in ripping shape so lets judge him on where he is at in February before we get too worked up...

As i posted , during the games he did get, his time on ground was amongst the lowest.
I think there's enough evidence to suggest that White needs to improve his tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back