Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wish one of our ITK posters would provide some update on draft rumours/ what other clubs have offered for pick 1.

ericpascoe Marc Shmurf 3
Smashbox can’t expect these guys to update if there’s nothing to report.

Can’t expect them to just make s**t up with fanciful imaginary scenarios etc, we’ve got BF posters for that. :D

Eric has been pretty definitive on what is happening.

That was before Tom Browne reported a potential swap of pick 1 for picks 3 & 6. The noise seems to be loud enough that the proposed swap could take place.

Don't think any ITK posters will make any comments until after a transaction has happened.

There was a post a while back from one of the ITK posters saying that this could be a controversial trade period.

I honestly believe pick 1 is more likely to be traded this year than not. Of course, it all banks of receiving the right offer and making sure the players we want with those picks are available.

That was before Tom Browne reported a potential swap of pick 1 for picks 3 & 6. The noise seems to be loud enough that the proposed swap could take place.

EP was definitive. There’s no reason to question it until he says otherwise. Certainly nothing that Tom Browne reports is worth thinking anything has changed.

Don't think any ITK posters will make any comments until after a transaction has happened.

There was a post a while back from one of the ITK posters saying that this could be a controversial trade period.

I honestly believe pick 1 is more likely to be traded this year than not. Of course, it all banks of receiving the right offer and making sure the players we want with those picks are available.
I reckon it was more speculation than reporting.

Kinda 'heres some vision of draftees at the club with pick 1', I'll use it to get some facetime on the news.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

FWIW the SA boys visited 3 other Victorian clubs this week.....just doing the rounds. Two of those teams have zero chance of getting Lukosius as they are not in the top 5 in the draft.
Interesting how the media paint the picture that we're interested in them now. Slow news day in the AFL world.

Stire the pot it’s all fun no harm, create options whatever media has to come up with some extrapolations otherwise how to fill the pages. Still 2weeks to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s an indication that Carlton is preparing itself for a number of outcomes. You never know what may occur and you have to know your options.

The board and Lloyd probably asked SOS to explore all options.

explore this option

s-l300.jpg

Kinda 'heres some vision of draftees at the club with pick 1', I'll use it to get some facetime on the news.

Tom Browne has been on the money this year with inside information on Carlton.
  • He was first to report that CFC had locked in Setterfield well before the season was over.
  • He was also first to state that Robert Walls would be coming to CFC in some sort of capacity before anything official was announced.
There has to be a reason for smoke and mirrors surrounding our pick 1. If we had no intention of taking anyone other than Sam Walsh, we would remain quiet and not draw attention to it on the Channel 7 news.

Both Tom Browne and Mark Ricciuto believe there is a strong chance of a trade, and both would have very good mail. It's definitely a watch this space for mine.

Yes, our latest rumour does claim that we're taking Walsh and we've already told the family. I personally just find it strange that we would commit so early on, especially since there isn't a unanimous number 1 pick by industry recruiters, as well as the potential to exploit GC, Adelaide and Port in their ambition to claim the top pick.

I know some on here don't rate Tom Browne as a reporter, but I don't think he would waste his time reporting this story two weeks out from the draft if it had absolutely no legs.

I know some on here don't rate Tom Browne as a reporter, but I don't think he would waste his time reporting this story two weeks out from the draft if it had absolutely no legs.
Slobbo gets away with reporting things legless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back