Games & Recreation JK Rowling The Sexual Deviant - The Harry Potter Discussion thread (SPOILERS)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most people are. As solid as the films were, I'd be surprised if someone preferred the films to the books (although I'm sure they exist). You generally have to be a pretty sensational adaptation, or do something really different with it, to transcend the lauded source.

I do but I just prefer movies as a medium (in before “uncultured swine”).

I have next to no imagination so a properly visual medium is just much more enjoyable for me.

I appreciate the books for the amazing depth and intricacies Rowling provides but films and the films of the potterworld In particular are spectacular.

:thumbsu:
Welcome to the Potter Deviants
Very ironic.
I’m in the Women’s and Children’s with my daughter. We’ve not watched any Harry Potter before so, just a few minutes ago I suggested we start watching the series together to while away the time and distract her from her pain and sleep deprivation, poor tyke. She said “No thanks”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very ironic.
I’m in the Women’s and Children’s with my daughter. We’ve not watched any Harry Potter before so, just a few minutes ago I suggested we start watching the series together to while away the time and distract her from her pain and sleep deprivation, poor tyke. She said “No thanks”.
Read the thread, good time to learn.
The first book is amazing, for adults as well as kids. After that we all have our own opinions lol.

Edit: Ohhh Womens and Children’s just got that bit.
Good luck mate, best wishes to her and a speedy recovery :hearts:
The first movie is incredible, she might love it once she starts watching it.

Read the thread, good time to learn.
The first book is amazing, for adults as well as kids. After that we all have our own opinions lol.

Edit: Ohhh Womens and Children’s just got that bit.
Good luck mate, best wishes to her and a speedy recovery :hearts:
The first movie is incredible, she might love it once she starts watching it.
Thanks
I’ll suggest it again tomorrow.

Broken
Do this quiz and I’ll pop you in your house Here
https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/the-sorting-hat

There’s also a full questionnaire in the OP if you want to do it
MEB_ will add you to the list for the Hallows badge :thumbsu:

The thread was started as kind of Potter pr0n lol. Welcome!
Potter pr0n! I'm there.

House : Hufflepuff
Wang : Cypress wood with a unicorn hair core, 11 ¾" and unyielding flexibility
Patronus : Rottweiler
Favourite Book : Half Blood Prince
Favourite Character : Remus Lupin

Potter pr0n! I'm there.

House : Hufflepuff
Wang : Cypress wood with a unicorn hair core, 11 ¾" and unyielding flexibility
Patronus : Rottweiler
Favourite Book : Half Blood Prince
Favourite Character : Remus Lupin
Another Hufflepuff!
Added :grinning:
Hogwarts House

Feel free to share your HP stories and pics etc.
The long questionnaire is great for big fans too.

This is cool. I've got a wand now: Aspen wood with a unicorn hair core 14 1/2 " and reasonably supple flexibility.
I wonder what it does :think:

Edit: Apparently it means I'm an accomplished dualist, which explains my domination of Bay 13.
Is your patronus a pop up sprinkler? :think:

I do but I just prefer movies as a medium (in before “uncultured swine”).

I have next to no imagination so a properly visual medium is just much more enjoyable for me.

I appreciate the books for the amazing depth and intricacies Rowling provides but films and the films of the potterworld In particular are spectacular.

I'm with you all the way here bro....Came to Harry only recently once all the fan-fare blew away.....Took a weekend off to watch em all in chronological order, to find out what all the fuss was about.

I'm now a bona-fide Pot-head.

If it gets only a few kids into thinking & reading about philosophy proper then that's a win so far as I'm concerned.

The beauty & the magic of Rowling is that she doesn't divorce philosophy from it's metaphysical heritage of the wonder & magic in life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back