Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

raph clarke mckenzie white they just keep coming

What you’re writing off DMac after possibly his best season?
He started his career behind the 8 ball in the first place with glandular fever.

Too early to write off White as well.

As i posted , during the games he did get, his time on ground was amongst the lowest.
I think there's enough evidence to suggest that White needs to improve his tank.
sure thats fair enough but again one photo doesnt really tell us if he is or if he isnt improving on his tank ... even if he is getting lapped in the photo theres nothing to say that his times were infact better than last seasons so he may very well be improving on that tank but still have a way to go... we are discussing this over a photo thinking its a bad thing internally the club may be happy he is ahead of where he was last year or maybe not ... the point is we dont know so taking a positive or negative view on it without any information is foolish

Brut Though posted a link to a vid , im pretty sure you can even work it out for yourself
Really odd overly aggressive stance you've taken here mate. Almost like it's personal. No idea why. Anyway, I had a look at the video which showed that the group began the race as one, and that was it.

Hoping someone can try and find the full results of the time trial.

raph clarke mckenzie white they just keep coming
upload_2018-11-9_16-12-9.png

Nobody can point the finger at McKenzie when it comes to fitness. I think we may watch this boy play 150 in the RWB.

45749780_10156336179008183_4964685897267150848_n.jpg

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE!

What you’re writing off DMac after possibly his best season?
He started his career behind the 8 ball in the first place with glandular fever.

Too early to write off White as well.

I like Mackenzie but i think we have to understand that if he can't improve his disposal he's not going to make it.

If we want to become a good team we can't have him and Geary both with poor ball use in the backline and probably neither

View attachment 582914

Nobody can point the finger at McKenzie when it comes to fitness. I think we may watch this boy play 150 in the RWB.
Always good to see a bloke working on his opposite foot - I could never work out why Amheet Saad did not use his time out of the game to work on this as the opposition had him worked out as a 100% 1 sided player - I was not dissaponted to see him delisted based on this reason alone

Agree towards the fact that White needs to improve his tank, he didn't seem too impressive in that video shown. It was first day back, some blokes like Lonie, Battle really showed up and JOK is a nightmare to some folks in here because he won the time trial.

Dont get me wrong but if Jok for example, did really s**t in this time trial, I know for sure some of you will be criticizing the fact we even gave him a chance.

Back to white, I just hope he improves as a player before season starts because when he plays, he does his job well despite having minimum games to his name, he just needs to pull it together. I wont write him off just yet.

Dont get me wrong but if Jok for example, did really s**t in this time trial, I know for sure some of you will be criticizing the fact we even gave him a chance.

Don't think anyone would notice if he did poorly.

Can't blame people for being concerned if he wins the time trial, given he's a nobody who couldn't make it last year or the year before. Not that the time trial is the be all to end all, or whatever that saying is, but it just seems like people are deliberately using him to try and create some conflict on here.

I like Mackenzie but i think we have to understand that if he can't improve his disposal he's not going to make it.

If we want to become a good team we can't have him and Geary both with poor ball use in the backline and probably neither
This year DMAC was ranked 7th in the AFL for disposal efficiency (86.9%). He definitely needs to get more disposals but the stats are indicating his ball use is pretty good
I agree with you that Geary should not be the distributor out of the back half.
Hopefully Coffield comes on next season and can play the distributor role. A fit Roberton should also help our distribution out of the backline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With respect, its too easy to call him a project player. He has played the game since he was 9, played TAC and Vic country, so he was an outstanding junior.

Ibremember watching billings in year 11 at Scotch miss set shots from the top of the goalsquare. Point being, all players have something to work on.. jok is elite in many areas and can literally play in any position... can anyone else?

Thanks for all the likes... is there anyone else who can play in every position?

Really odd overly aggressive stance you've taken here mate. Almost like it's personal. No idea why. Anyway, I had a look at the video which showed that the group began the race as one, and that was it.

Hoping someone can try and find the full results of the time trial.
I wouldn’t get involved in this if you weren’t a mod, but I honestly think you were overly aggressive in your initial posts on this and so you shouldn’t be surprised if that aggression is returned in response.

On the issue itself I can’t help remembering the poster at the draft who saw how high he was on our list as he fell to the late 30s. I can’t help worrying that this is the reason he was still there and that maybe it was our recruiters that were wrong in being out of step in his rating.

Maybe it’s us failing him, but whatever the reason it’s not looking good at the minute. Hopefully he or we turn him around because he has the skills, just needs application

With Hanners Coming to preseason looking lean and fit, and with our obvious lack of outside players, I’m curious if he’s going to be doing a switch to more of an outside role. His running and disposal is good enough, and it might suit him better due to being kinda banged up.

I wouldn’t get involved in this if you weren’t a mod, but I honestly think you were overly aggressive in your initial posts on this and so you shouldn’t be surprised if that aggression is returned in response.

On the issue itself I can’t help remembering the poster at the draft who saw how high he was on our list as he fell to the late 30s. I can’t help worrying that this is the reason he was still there and that maybe it was our recruiters that were wrong in being out of step in his rating.

Maybe it’s us failing him, but whatever the reason it’s not looking good at the minute. Hopefully he or we turn him around because he has the skills, just needs application
Interesting.

Is this overly aggressive?

He has been lapped?

How do you know?

I've got no idea if you're right or wrong, can't make out anything from that picture. Could've been at the start of the time trial for all we know.

I found it odd that someone would come to the conclusion of a player being overlapped from a still image without any other context.

Even the video shown afterwards doesn't prove anything. I said I'd wait until the full time trial results were posted, or if anyone was there, to give their account on it.

Anyway, it's a nothing issue to me. I don't care enough to go back and forth on it. He assumed something and I questioned it. I didn't agree with him and stated as such.

Judging by the footage here, they all started in a group. White and Logan Austin both got lapped.
Paddy, Hannebery, Steele and Patton all watched. Anyone know whats wrong with Paton?
Mate thats footage of everyone doing a warmup lap as a group...

This year DMAC was ranked 7th in the AFL for disposal efficiency (86.9%). He definitely needs to get more disposals but the stats are indicating his ball use is pretty good
I agree with you that Geary should not be the distributor out of the back half.
Hopefully Coffield comes on next season and can play the distributor role. A fit Roberton should also help our distribution out of the backline

Disposal efficiency, just means he doesn't turn it over a lot and that's not the whole story. Jason Blake had one of the highest disposal efficiency's ever because he played within his limitations.

With Hanners Coming to preseason looking lean and fit, and with our obvious lack of outside players, I’m curious if he’s going to be doing a switch to more of an outside role. His running and disposal is good enough, and it might suit him better due to being kinda banged up.

He used to be more outside but his groins seem to have limited his run so he's moved more inside. If he can become an outside runner again it would be ideal as it would mean he's 100% over his injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back