Boxing Jeff Horn vs Anthony Mundine @ Suncorp Stadium on Friday, November 30, 2018

Who wins?

• Draw / No Contest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want a Danny Green vs Paul Briggs Rematch on the Undercard!!1!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Am I the only person on this forum looking forward to this contest?

mundine-horn_1slhks2p65dcs1t9748vb6mote.png

Yes, it is a shameless money-making exercise. But that's boxing, that's professional sport, that's how it is.

Horn is currently favourite at about $1.17, Mundine at about $4.60.

The catch-weight and fight-day weigh-in makes things very interesting. Mundine has to be <71kg the day before and <75kg on the day of the fight.

Mundine in his prime was easily the better boxer, and will still be the better technician in this contest. He will also be naturally bigger (and two inches taller), even if the special catch-weight conditions keep him from going into the ring much heavier than Horn.

Of course, Horn is younger and, in theory, fitter and more agile.

I was there at Suncorp when Horn was gifted a rigged decision against Pacquiao. Daylight robbery if ever you have seen it.

I was watching via stream when Mundine was robbed in the rematch with Green last year. What a disgrace that was.

I like Horn. Seems like a genuinely nice dude. I admire his mental toughness, taking punch after punch and still walking forward, like some kind of madman. It was hard to watch him get absolutely pummeled in Vegas a few months ago. He was completely out of his depth.

I also like Rushton. At first I was put off by his shtick, but now I see that he is just trying his best to promote the fights, to promote boxing, even if only to help boost his own wealth. Good on him, I say.

I'll be heading along to Suncorp (unless the ticket prices are silly, in which case I will simply head to a pub on principle). I don't know who I will be cheering for. Probably neither fighter: I'll just enjoy the spectacle for what it is.

What are your thoughts, bigfooty?

Was Mundine really the better boxer in his prime? I’m not a huge boxing fan but I would have thought Horn has achieved more given a win against manny and only losing to Crawford who is looking like one of the best in the world right now.

I might watch it at the pub but there are lots of other good fights coming up that are more on my radar. Horn should have no trouble getting the win

Am I the only person on this forum looking forward to this contest?

mundine-horn_1slhks2p65dcs1t9748vb6mote.png

Yes, it is a shameless money-making exercise. But that's boxing, that's professional sport, that's how it is.

Horn is currently favourite at about $1.17, Mundine at about $4.60.

The catch-weight and fight-day weigh-in makes things very interesting. Mundine has to be <71kg the day before and <75kg on the day of the fight.

Mundine in his prime was easily the better boxer, and will still be the better technician in this contest. He will also be naturally bigger (and two inches taller), even if the special catch-weight conditions keep him from going into the ring much heavier than Horn.

Of course, Horn is younger and, in theory, fitter and more agile.

I was there at Suncorp when Horn was gifted a rigged decision against Pacquiao. Daylight robbery if ever you have seen it.

I was watching via stream when Mundine was robbed in the rematch with Green last year. What a disgrace that was.

I like Horn. Seems like a genuinely nice dude. I admire his mental toughness, taking punch after punch and still walking forward, like some kind of madman. It was hard to watch him get absolutely pummeled in Vegas a few months ago. He was completely out of his depth.

I also like Rushton. At first I was put off by his shtick, but now I see that he is just trying his best to promote the fights, to promote boxing, even if only to help boost his own wealth. Good on him, I say.

I'll be heading along to Suncorp (unless the ticket prices are silly, in which case I will simply head to a pub on principle). I don't know who I will be cheering for. Probably neither fighter: I'll just enjoy the spectacle for what it is.

What are your thoughts, bigfooty?

I'm a little surprised that this is taking place Anthony at the end, Horn at the beginning, is not a mug fighter. Mundine may have some technique to advantage I 'm not that sure , timing is a big thing as you get older you get a bit slower.
I remember many years ago a fellow called Lionel Rose , on his way up, and another fellow Rocky Gattellari, already had a shot at a world title and probably at the finishing end of his career, or close. The fight was not exactly one sided but in the end Rocky was seriously injured .
I hope this one doesn't get that way.

Horn is young and powerful and has really fought the best, beat one of the best ever, then lost to a new champ , but is still in the game as a young fighter.
Anthony has been around for years and can box , but he has never really been recognised as anything more than a middle of the road boxer.

The promo's are on TV now for Main Event, and the bulldust is flowing, so maybe it'll be a bit of a money spinner for both .

When Rose and Gattellari fought there were no prisoners. But in those times there was only one world champion too. So its hard to pick who is the real deal! Those two fought for the Australian title that night.

But Horn lost the last fight , yes, he beat a real champion too in the time before, "the senator " ha ha !

I just think he may be in a different level to Mundine or Green, although weights are all over the place, neither proved themselves in world title fights against fighters in their prime .
But when both fought against "genuine" world class opponents on the world standard stage, they both lost , although Danny went right through the fight. Then one punch. Its the guy who can get that bomb!

I hope the day comes when we once again have a single champion in every division, and get the real sport of boxing back on track, because I'm afraid I find UFC just violent brawling, it is not sport.That's another story though.

There was no rigging in the Pacquiao fight , boxing is a sport where by, when one fighter looks very much in charge but doesn't score as much , he loses, and that happens, actually when fights are genuine, not when they are rigged.
Now for me I am not silly enough to believe that there isn't any crookedness in some boxing.
But no Horn won , and so he should have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a good fight, Mundine with a decent reach advantage should be able to tag Horn a fair amount.

You'd think Horn would overwhelm him but Green is also a brawler and much bigger and Mundine should have won that last fight against him.

Horn probably doesn't have much opportunity for another big pay day so he is pretty much forced into fighting a bigger Mundine before he retires.

I think Mundine might be in with a good shot here.

Back