Society/Culture Bourke st incident ( again )

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would it be? More valuable alive than dead.

Yeah lets spend more tax money on these people. We have the full evidence of the crime on video in this case, nutjob kills people, stabs people, and launched at cops. Who wants this guy alive? What is he going to say about the reason he did it that isn't already known about that religion?

So Mary is racist, how so?
Most of her previous posts,this was just her add on.Old racist Mary has called it as Muslim terroism when it's probably just another mental patient whose upset his mother didn't love him.Mary's got form, I think her first post said Apex gang.

Yeah lets spend more tax money on these people. We have the full evidence of the crime on video in this case, nutjob kills people, stabs people, and launched at cops. Who wants this guy alive? What is he going to say about the reason he did it that isn't already known about that religion?

American marine who toured Afghanistan killed eleven people yesterday. Most mass murders in America is done by white Christian males

And here you are singling out a religon that's not Christian.
.You need to take of your Jesus goggles

Like you really care considering they waste so much of it as it is.

If they can get vital information out of him that's going to thwart another attack down the track, that's far more valuable than your precious tax money.

Don't pretend it's for practical/monetary reasons, you just want that scumbag dead. I understand that, but I also understand keeping him alive might be valuable for organisations like the federal police/ASIO.

Most of her previous posts,this was just her add on.Old racist Mary has called it as Muslim terroism when it's probably just another mental patient whose upset his mother didn't love him.Mary's got form, I think her first post said Apex gang.

Except there are polls that show many millions of muslims believe terrorism is ok.

In a 2007 Pew Research poll in response to a question on whether suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets to defend Islam could be justified,in Europe:

• (36 vs 64) 64% of Muslims in France believed it could never be justified, 19% believed it could be justified rarely, 10% sometimes, and 6% thought it could be justified often.
  • (30 vs 70) 70% of Muslims in the UK believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 12% sometimes, and 3% thought it could be justified often.
  • (17 vs 83) 83% of Muslims in Germany believed it could never be justified, 6% believed it could be justified rarely, 6% sometimes, and 1% thought it could be justified often.
  • (31 vs 69) 69% of Muslims in Spain believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 10% sometimes, and 6% thought it could be justified often.

When there's terrified people yelling shoot him! shoot him!! and brave bystanders rushing in to try take him out with shopping trollys? Wtf??
Police are just puppets to their force. They have to follow the rules given to them or it's out the door time.
Recently in rural WA there was a riot and jailbreak at a prison. Squads from Perth were sent up to find the dozen on the run. One of these cops punched one of these fugitives as he made his arrest. Guess what happened to the copper? Lost his job.

Like you really care considering they waste so much of it as it is.

If they can get vital information out of him that's going to thwart another attack down the track, that's far more valuable than your precious tax money.

Don't pretend it's for practical/monetary reasons, you just want that scumbag dead. I understand that, but I also understand keeping him alive might be valuable for organisations like the federal police/ASIO.

Sure it may be valuable to keep him alive temporarily but in Australia there are no executions if they are taken alive, so it is always much cleaner for the cops to do it in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cops should have shot him two or three times at least. Absolute worst situation is this guy lives and spends tens of millions more tax payers money on a court case or prison sentence. This case is closed shut, nutjob wearing religious gear stabs people.
That's the other thing. You shoot at the centre of the largest mass and you shoot until the danger has subsided. I think 2-3 shots would have been warranted.

American marine who toured Afghanistan killed eleven people yesterday. Most mass murders in America is done by white Christian males

Speaking of racism.

That's the other thing. You shoot at the centre of the largest mass and you shoot until the danger has subsided. I think 2-3 shots would have been warranted.
Yep thats been the protocol forever. This footage is out there now I hope there's a major outcry because that was terrible by the police. Embarrassing

Unlike you I am not living in America. If America had 3 times the muslims it did to make it on par with Australia 2018 per capita I am sure the stats would look different.

Except there are polls that show many millions of muslims believe terrorism is ok.

In a 2007 Pew Research poll in response to a question on whether suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets to defend Islam could be justified,in Europe:

• (36 vs 64) 64% of Muslims in France believed it could never be justified, 19% believed it could be justified rarely, 10% sometimes, and 6% thought it could be justified often.
  • (30 vs 70) 70% of Muslims in the UK believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 12% sometimes, and 3% thought it could be justified often.
  • (17 vs 83) 83% of Muslims in Germany believed it could never be justified, 6% believed it could be justified rarely, 6% sometimes, and 1% thought it could be justified often.
  • (31 vs 69) 69% of Muslims in Spain believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 10% sometimes, and 6% thought it could be justified often.
Terrorism is rare in Australia so get off your high horse One Nation.

The rounds they use are designed to thump the body and not travel through it. They are not high velocity rounds. The public were not at harm once the perp was a few feet away.

You can quite easily miss if someone lunges at you with a knife, or if someone accidentally hits you with a shopping trolley. I know I want a cop to be 110% sure that he's hitting his target before he even thinks about pulling his gun on Bourke St.

Police made a call upon arriving on the scene based on information available to them and behavior of offender. It would appear they are treating him as someone in a pychotic episode and not as "terrorisim".

For those police to try so hard to disarm him points to them having sympathy for him and if you look closely he's not with it. His body language points to a mental health episode.

Now those who have worked with people in psychotic episode they generally think one of three things. A religious delusion asio are out to get them or the mafia. Many white Christians have gone off with knifes thinking thier attacking Satan.

I could be wrong but I base my view on more than just skin color and ignorance as many here are

The police have said they believe it wasnt terrorist related and thier opinion would be driven by those two officers who will and should receive commendations for what they did

Trolley idiot man shouldnt. He just made the police have to consider more scenarios while dealing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back