Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #50 - Welcome to the Hawks Marc Pittonet

Remove this Banner Ad

I still hold my reservations on him c0nsidering he didnt even have a ruckman to play against yesterday . I do agree that an extended run in the seniors would be beneficial so he can have a chance to get up to the speed of the game , but hes ruckwork has looked shocking against afl ruckman. Big pre season and he will get a look in early hopefully

I still hold my reservations on him c0nsidering he didnt even have a ruckman to play against yesterday . I do agree that an extended run in the seniors would be beneficial so he can have a chance to get up to the speed of the game , but hes ruckwork has looked shocking against afl ruckman. Big pre season and he will get a look in early hopefully
Did you watch any other games this season? He monstered the oppo all finals and his last 6/10 weeks were fantastic

He beat Nick Meese and Meese is the most difficult challenge in the VFL. He beats pretty much all of the AFL listed ruckmen year in and year out.

After watching the last 2 weeks at Box Hill,its looking good
If he can allow Big Boy to play mainly forward next year
We have our Mason Cox with a better, longer kick.
No need to pay Tom Lynch a mill a year, just put a few crumbers under him to add defensive pressure and clean up.
Frees up Cegs for a trade to get some more quality in too

Pitto does everything right in terms of his effort and application in games. Against lesser ruckman he is dominant, but we all saw him toweled up against Preuss.
What encourages me is his continued improvement. Year on year he gets significantly better. His pack marking is now pretty good. His tapwork in the VFL final (against make shift ruckman) was the difference in that game.
Pitto is getting near being an AFL ruckman. If he keeps tackling well (no free kicks), marking in contested situations, and gets “Mumford like” stronger, and can get the aerobic capacity to get to every contest then, with Mitchell Lewis, he could hold down a spot in the Hawks team.
Pitto is nothing if he is not a guy who does his best to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitto does everything right in terms of his effort and application in games. Against lesser ruckman he is dominant, but we all saw him toweled up against Preuss.
What encourages me is his continued improvement. Year on year he gets significantly better. His pack marking is now pretty good. His tapwork in the VFL final (against make shift ruckman) was the difference in that game.
Pitto is getting near being an AFL ruckman. If he keeps tackling well (no free kicks), marking in contested situations, and gets “Mumford like” stronger, and can get the aerobic capacity to get to every contest then, with Mitchell Lewis, he could hold down a spot in the Hawks team.
Pitto is nothing if he is not a guy who does his best to improve.

I'll say it right now, Pittonet is a good chance to end up at GWS to learn under the player he should be striving to be like in Mumford.

Had a great GF in the VFL. Has BB and Ceglar above him but can he force his way in next year? His tapwork is awesome. Imagine him gelling with Jaegar, Titch and Cogs (;)).

He has a bit of campaigner in him too.

But has he become mobile enough and/or able to play forward well enough? Does he really need to?

Last edited:
I think we should remember tha Pittonet is 22. In ruckman years he is still embryonic but is improving every year at VFL level.
It is way too early to judge whether he will make it at AFL level.
I reckon Pitto should look at what Max Gawn did last pre season and strip 5kgs off his frame. Being lighter would really help his speed and mobility around the ground which is his main weakness from what I have seen off him at AFL level.

I reckon Pitto should look at what Max Gawn did last pre season and strip 5kgs off his frame. Being lighter would really help his speed and mobility around the ground which is his main weakness from what I have seen off him at AFL level.

That's pretty much how I feel about him.

He's definitely not a Max Gawn type ruck however, he's very much a Grundy type though clearly not as naturally talented.

If he can get leaner, improve his aerobic capacity but still tackle and pressure around the contest, he will be a very good AFL level ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back