Untitled1.jpg

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Wonder if Hughes and Jokanovic will survive past the international break.

I think Southampton will have bigger issues if/when they make their decision. Fulham at least could look at a manager like Rodgers who plays an expansive style and could use the current squad and not have to make wholesale changes like a Moyes/Allardyce would. But what can Southampton do? Their squad is a bit all over the place. Ever since replaced Koeman with Puel they've just looked bereft of ideas and lost their identity

I think Southampton will have bigger issues if/when they make their decision. Fulham at least could look at a manager like Rodgers who plays an expansive style and could use the current squad and not have to make wholesale changes like a Moyes/Allardyce would. But what can Southampton do? Their squad is a bit all over the place. Ever since replaced Koeman with Puel they've just looked bereft of ideas and lost their identity

Ok Martin Tyler

I feel sick.

Actually hoping for United and Everton wins this weekend.

We'd best be doing the business after the s**t show in midweek.
Seeing Everton win doesn't actually bother me. Sometimes I hope they win.

I feel sick.

Actually hoping for United and Everton wins this weekend.

We'd best be doing the business after the s**t show in midweek.
Always suspected you had a bit of a soft spot for United jodworth. :D

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
If Everton win at Stamford Bridge on the weekend they would have broken a 25 year drought.

They have improved as of late and may be able to take points off us in light of our midweek exertions against BATE, but the gap in talent between Chelsea and Everton is still substantial. I would say a Chelsea win is definitely more likely than not.

Really? Why? Haha...

I mean they are kind of insignificant but I dont want to see them do well. They are kind of a non-factor I guess. I do hope they win this weekend though.

Why do you dislike them so much? Just seems like you hate them for the sake of it..

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
If Everton win at Stamford Bridge on the weekend they would have broken a 25 year drought.

They have improved as of late and may be able to take points off us in light of our midweek exertions against BATE, but the gap in talent between Chelsea and Everton is still substantial. I would say a Chelsea win is definitely more likely than not.
24 thanks.. :D Gap isn't as substantial as you think.

Really? Why? Haha...

I mean they are kind of insignificant but I dont want to see them do well. They are kind of a non-factor I guess. I do hope they win this weekend though.

If they were in and around the top 4 maybe I’d change my tune. The only thing that annoyed me about Everton in recent memory was Mori injuring Origi, but he got sold.

Apr 24, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Centrals / Southampton

Word is that if we fail to beat Watford then Hughes is out. Allerdyce and Moyes have been mentioned as replacements. Led Reed has gone. We are currently a basket case and watching us play is extremely painful.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
24 thanks.. :D Gap isn't as substantial as you think.

Approximate figure. :D

At the start of the season, I figured that Chelsea would come 3rd and Everton 7th. For mine, Everton have more talent than any other side outside of the Top 6, benefit from not playing in the Europa League and they have in Marco Silva a manager whom I rank fairly highly.

However, while they have good players across the pitch, they are still learning to click as a unit. Gomes/Mina are still being integrated into the side and they do tend to rely on set-pieces to create chances. They also give away a lot of silly goals on set-pieces.

Additionally, on a head-to-head comparison, would any Everton players get into Chelsea's first XI? Richarlison would be a good chance and Sigurdsson would definitely be in contention.

You could make a case for Coleman given that Azpi's been a little disappointing, but most people would still plump for the latter. Zouma can't play against us and IMO doesn't have the passing ability to fit well into Sarri's system (nor does Keane). Digne is a better defender than Alonso, but the latter is so dangerous going forward that it's very hard not to select him. I like Pickford, but Kepa's taken to Chelsea really well after a shaky couple of games. Jorginho is irreplaceable in Sarri's system. Gueye is a midfield dynamo, but Kante is Kante. And as for Hazard...

Word is that if we fail to beat Watford then Hughes is out. Allerdyce and Moyes have been mentioned as replacements. Led Reed has gone. We are currently a basket case and watching us play is extremely painful.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Losing Hughes would be good but Fat Sam/Moyes just puts you back in the same cycle of mediocrity.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
DBAH0 Kangaroos4eva Bomberboyokay Snarls Barkley

Gday guys, what type of role is Antonio playing at the moment? Is he starting most games or is he a bit bit part now and coming off the bench a bit due to say Anderson? He's played 10 games so still playing regularly, just need to know in what capacity?

It's a Fantasy/Dreamteam related question here FWIW, he's arguably the best cheapest player I can get in regards to upgrade elsewhere.

Back