2018/19 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking for a youngish defender who will play most weeks. Willing to trade one of or a combo of Jack Sinclair, Ed Phillips, George Hewett, Taylor Garner, Brent Daniels, Pick 26.

Need to get under the cap limit. So will look at trading out a player for a draft pick. Will look at any option.
Just a heads up you're under the cap when you trim back to 44 players. TPP in the list thread includes all listed draft picks, even those you don't/won't take.

Just a heads up you're under the cap when you trim back to 44 players. TPP in the list thread includes all listed draft picks, even those you don't/won't take.

Thats music to my ears. Cheers mate.

Also, Kurt Tippett, thats a very strangw situation under which Sydney are redrafting him, whats going to be the go there?

Thats music to my ears. Cheers mate.

Also, Kurt Tippett, thats a very strangw situation under which Sydney are redrafting him, whats going to be the go there?
We'll keep it simple; the same situation as before. He's retired even though he'll be on an AFL list. Same situation as Will Langford.

Toby Greene on the market would expect first 22 player in return, possibly rebounding defender and/or draft picks

Lists updated. Again, remove a draft pick salary (likely $96,000) from your TPP for each passable pick you have over the 44 senior listed players/picks. Add $96,000 to your TPP for every player/pick you are under the 44 senior listed players/picks. There are still some out of contract players pending being signed too. Opposition bidding and trading concludes November 20.

Last edited:
So in terms of delisting players from our list - are we allowed to delist them after the 2018 Draft has actually happened? I have O'Rourke and Towers and am assuming they won't end up on lists, but won't know until after the draft -> are we allowed to delist them after our draft and have those picks in the pre-season draft? I remember Russian having something like this but I haven't done it for a few years so wasn't sure on the ruling, or whether I need to delist them now

Hope that makes some kind of sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in terms of delisting players from our list - are we allowed to delist them after the 2018 Draft has actually happened? I have O'Rourke and Towers and am assuming they won't end up on lists, but won't know until after the draft -> are we allowed to delist them after our draft and have those picks in the pre-season draft? I remember Russian having something like this but I haven't done it for a few years so wasn't sure on the ruling, or whether I need to delist them now

Hope that makes some kind of sense

You have until the first bounce in the AFL preseason* to delist any players in order to get an extra pre-season pick.

*Still have to confirm that this date will match up with the preseason draft, but in effect you can delist players after the AFLTM national and rookie drafts.

There is also a couple of days between the AFL National/Rookie Draft finishing and the date your AFLTM list must be finalised, so you could squeeze your delisting into that period and get extra national draft picks instead of pre-season draft picks.

You have until the first bounce in the AFL preseason* to delist any players in order to get an extra pre-season pick.

*Still have to confirm that this date will match up with the preseason draft, but in effect you can delist players after the AFLTM national and rookie drafts.

There is also a couple of days between the AFL National/Rookie Draft finishing and the date your AFLTM list must be finalised, so you could squeeze your delisting into that period and get extra national draft picks instead of pre-season draft picks.

Cheers, yeah I just realised there's actually a spare day between our listing time and the actual drafts! for some reason I thought we closed the lists earlier than that!

If I delist Spurr I’d be paying 50% correct ?
It a bit tricky but no he probably only qualifies for 75%. He's 31 and wasn't contracted to Fremantle for 2019 anyway. While injury may be part of his retirement, it's likely he was going to be pushed out the door by Fremantle anyway.

All other players who got the 50% discount were either contracted for 2019 (AFL) initially and/or at a young age for retirement with injury history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back