2nd ODI Australia v South Africa, Friday November 9 Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to win after such a long wait.

Stoinis and Cummins bowled about as well as they ever have in this format.

Maxwell/Zampa bowling the final overs was odd to say the least - what was that about?

Beyond that, how was Finch as an ODI captain compared to Smith/Paine?

Zampa batted well and did well to close the game, but I'm still unconvinced about having him in the side. He doesn't have a great deal of variety (legbreak/googly and maybe the odd topspinner), he doesn't turn or flight the ball that much either way and he lacks the control to really tie down an end.

Carey being at #5 seems to be more an indictment of our lack of depth than anything else, but he's done a reasonable job.

Steyn still looks dangerous after all this time.

I was at the ground and got the impression they pinned all hope of winning on bowling them out rather than restricting them to under 231. Hence why they left all Zampa's overs to the end.

Finch MOTM was pretty bizarre if you ask me. Had to be Stoinis or Cummins or even Pretorius.
Who awards it? Was Warne involved since he spent the whole 2nd half of the innings campaigning for Finch to get it

Can’t judge I was only listening - one swallow doesn’t make a summer - if he’s our best option as Captain then it’s a bit like old mother Hubbard’s cupboard
I'm pretty sure he was hoping to get them out before having to use Zampa. I suspect Stoinis spared Finch some blushes.

Lol, great performance set up by MOM Captain Finch, got a defendable total and did the job perfectly.

Whilst the Adelaide Oval is the worlds flattest test pitch now with no more WACA, I’m pretty sure for OD games, 240 has often been very defendable
Maybe 30 years ago.

Lol, with no D/N test this year to balance it out we will see a return to 500+ scores. Only thing that saved it from being a road was the pink ball
The last day Test we had against India at tea on the final day all three results were still in play, you can't ask for much more than that from a pitch.

The last day Test we had against India at tea on the final day all three results were still in play, you can't ask for much more than that from a pitch.

Australia declared twice in that game though at 7 and 5 down - suggests it was still pretty flat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, great performance set up by MOM Captain Finch, got a defendable total and did the job perfectly.

Whilst the Adelaide Oval is the worlds flattest test pitch now with no more WACA, I’m pretty sure for OD games, 240 has often been very defendable
Only the world's flattest pitch Ed? Surely the universe's flattest pitch. Surely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back