Discussion Strange or Interesting AFL Photos

Remove this Banner Ad

Half time “Auskick” game in London 2006 Port Adelaide vs Geelong. Presumably local English kids in Geelong VFL jumpers.

20h0ck5.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothing like bit of a cuddle in a grandy!
I initially assumed it was Billy, but on closer inspection think it's Stoneham, I'm sure someone will confirm or correct me :)

View attachment 581303

I can confirm that it is Barry Stoneham. Most noticeable through the hair and the shape of his head

I can confirm that it is Barry Stoneham. Most noticeable through the hair and the shape of his head
thanks mate!, thought so (although it would be strange to have recognised him any other way, not like these days, every second bloke has tuffy stickers :tearsofjoy:)

So I was cruising the web and I come across these truly strange anomalies.

Delving deeper I find it was from a charity/tribute game played in 2011 in memory of the late Chris Mainwaring. Both the WC and Collingwood teams included a handful of past players such as Anthony Rocca and Scott Burns for Collingwood as well as John Worsfold is the only one I can recognise for the Owls. There was also children by the looks of things.

Okay, let's dissect the jumpers:

Interesting jumper for WC, no clue why they are Owls but the Dynamo text gives me life.

As for the Collingwood team, It looks like the normal jumper with the Barcode magpie slapped onto it. Instant whale status.

upload_2018-11-10_19-47-2.png

telethon_1.jpg

Here's some more info: http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/the-club/community/charitable-partnerships/telethon

So I was cruising the web and I come across these truly strange anomalies.

Delving deeper I find it was from a charity/tribute game played in 2011 in memory of the late Chris Mainwaring. Both the WC and Collingwood teams included a handful of past players such as Anthony Rocca and Scott Burns for Collingwood as well as John Worsfold is the only one I can recognise for the Owls. There was also children by the looks of things.

Okay, let's dissect the jumpers:

Interesting jumper for WC, no clue why they are Owls but the Dynamo text gives me life.

As for the Collingwood team, It looks like the normal jumper with the Barcode magpie slapped onto it. Instant whale status.

View attachment 583329

View attachment 583328

Here's some more info: http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/the-club/community/charitable-partnerships/telethon

I remember stumbling across this game late one night on 7two. Pretty sure OWLS stood for “Older, Wiser, Larger, Slower. Or something similar. Mainey’s kids had a few runs in the game.

Love that font where it says Brisbane Bears

I took the liberty of running it through WhatTheFont! The closest match is called 'Regalo Heavy Oblique' with a customised 'A' that is a flipped version of the 'A' of 'Sentinel Bold Italic'

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 9.30.23 pm.png

I took the liberty of running it through WhatTheFont! The closest match is called 'Regalo Heavy Oblique' with a customised 'A' that is a flipped version of the 'A' of 'Sentinel Bold Italic'

View attachment 583372
Fairly certain it's a default Windows font.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back