Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Enjoy it while it lasts Dannnnnnn. He’s the antithesis of the modern NBA.

What’s your take on Butler? What’s a good haul for him?

Would you roll the dice on Wall??
Butler has to go, and he's being a bit of a brat, to be honest. That being said, there are other issues. He hasn't handled it well but KAT and Wiggins are clearly a bit softer than they should be. Thibs is a big problem and has to go. Glen Taylor is a fossil and in an ideal world moves on as well. Not liking the path we're on at the moment.

Not interested in the Houston offer. Post I made on Wolves board the other day sums up what I'm looking for:
The four picks don't interest me.

The two earliest picks will be extremely late and offer little value. The two latest ones are five and seven years away and this team can't wait that long for a return on our investment; not to mention Houston may still find a way to perform well in those seasons. Knight is garbage and not a good fit, Chriss may be ok but is a long shot. The cap space is useless as the only players we're capable of attracting are Thibs homers.

Wiggins and KAT aren't enough. This deal doesn't really help us add a third piece in a timely manner. I would rather figure out a Miami deal centred around 1-2 of Dragic/Richardson/Winslow, a 76ers deal featuring Saric/Fultz, or a deal with another team that gives us access to picks in a timelier fashion.

Don't think Wall's the right fit with our other pieces. Teague's no star but he has worked because he can space the floor. A ball dominant non-shooter in Wall won't work for us as well I don't think, despite being a much better player.

Jun 5, 2013
The Stoop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MCFC, Lakers, Phillies, NY Rangers
"Elite Honesty".
tenor.gif

Cricket is well and truly going down the toilet at the national level. This self-flagellation is getting beyond ridiculous now.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"Elite Honesty".
tenor.gif

Cricket is well and truly going down the toilet at the national level. This self-flagellation is getting beyond ridiculous now.
Does anyone even care about cricket anymore? Or Australian cricket atleast? Tests matches in Australia are the worst in the world.

In England/SA/NZ the ball swings like crazy early on and gives the bowler a chance. In the sub continent the ball turns and is hard to bat on. Australia is just flat tracks everywhere. Boring.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"Elite Honesty".
tenor.gif

While they ignore many worthy players, to play NSW & WA boys, it isn't a surprising result.
I love cricket but rarely bother watching AusNSWAlia. Rather play in the backyard.

While they ignore many worthy players, to play NSW & WA boys, it isn't a surprising result.
I love cricket but rarely bother watching AusNSWAlia. Rather play in the backyard.
Peter Handscomb and Glen Maxwell like this post.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Maybe NSW and WA just produce better cricketers... Maxwell has been shafted but don’t think that has anything to do where he’s from.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Maxwell has shown his highs but his lows are equally as bad. Needs to string some runs together this season or he will get lost in the wilderness even more imo.

For a re-building team, he should be one of the leaders who takes the bull by the horns but another start without going on yesterday would frustrate the higher ups.

Anyone got any tips for tomorrow...and don't say "back Weir, Drink Beer"

I've been following a couple through the season so far and had some good success

I backed Amphitrite at 50/1 for the 1000 Guineas (pretty happy with myself there)
Have followed Aristia right through and finally got rewarded on Saturday and hopefully again Oaks Day with large odds secured
R6 tomorrow Beauty has been that for me so far
R10 is In Good Time, a horse I have followed since I was on it a the Scone Cup ( a highly recommended boys weekend if you are looking for one) - just about to peak this run I reckon
and finally a horse that didn't handle the going in the Everest - After All That should make a better showing at Flemington

See how they go

Giddy Up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 5, 2013
The Stoop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MCFC, Lakers, Phillies, NY Rangers
Good to see that Cricket Australia have booted Ben Amarfio. Negotiating a TV rights deal moving One day and 20/20 to Pay TV only will go down as one of the worst business decisions in history. Clearly he was incentivised to seek the biggest dollar figure, without consideration for what was best for the future of the sport.

Short term gain will equal long term pain. Good riddance to the bloke.

Apologies for the self indulgence, but looks like I'm headed back to South Africa again next year after running a 4:33 in Auckland a couple of weeks ago which put the 5:20 in Melbourne well and truly in the shade. The Melbourne run was so bad I was reduced to doing the marathon equivalent of a microphoneless Roaming Brian in the last 15km. Still that's 6 Melbourne Marathons in the books, and with the Auckland finish it's now 15 completed marathons all up.

Apologies for the self indulgence, but looks like I'm headed back to South Africa again next year after running a 4:33 in Auckland a couple of weeks ago which put the 5:20 in Melbourne well and truly in the shade. The Melbourne run was so bad I was reduced to doing the marathon equivalent of a microphoneless Roaming Brian in the last 15km. Still that's 6 Melbourne Marathons in the books, and with the Auckland finish it's now 15 completed marathons all up.
I had a quick look at your blog and I am in awe! A couple of my relatives have run the Chicago Marathon. I bow to your physical prowess. I once ran around the block when I was about 13. Best wishes. :thumbsu:

Mar 31, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Good to see that Cricket Australia have booted Ben Amarfio. Negotiating a TV rights deal moving One day and 20/20 to Pay TV only will go down as one of the worst business decisions in history. Clearly he was incentivised to seek the biggest dollar figure, without consideration for what was best for the future of the sport.

Short term gain will equal long term pain. Good riddance to the bloke.
Its even better that they have booted Pat the wank. It took them a few years to do it but at least they have done it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back