Draft Review 2011 - Redo the 2011 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone not having Laird in the top few is kidding themselves.
Definitely top 10 as an All Australian.

Would have him in my top 7 with Mitchell, Yeo, Wingard, Coniglio, Greene & Neale

Definitely top 10 as an All Australian.

Would have him in my top 7 with Mitchell, Yeo, Wingard, Coniglio, Greene & Neale
I have Haynes in the top 5 but Laird as well. Yeo, Greene and Coniglio tl round it out. He's the best rebounding half back in the comp in ny view.

I have Haynes in the top 5 but Laird as well. Yeo, Greene and Coniglio tl round it out. He's the best rebounding half back in the comp in ny view.
so Tom Mitchell, the reigning Brownlow medalist, runner up the year before, just broke his own record for disposals in a season, isn't in your top 5 players from that draft?

so Tom Mitchell, the reigning Brownlow medalist, runner up the year before, just broke his own record for disposals in a season, isn't in your top 5 players from that draft?
No

I get his value, but it's seven years from the draft. Over that seven years other players have more consistent output.

At the end of his career he may be.

Coniglio, Greene, Mitchell and Yeo my top four in order if I was drafting tomorrow.

Agreed.

However I'd probably have it Greene, Mitchell, Coniglio, Yeo.

Considering AA's in Laird, Docherty and Wingard (x2) are knocking on that 4, it's a damm good top 10.

No

I get his value, but it's seven years from the draft. Over that seven years other players have more consistent output.

At the end of his career he may be.
Stop being a dick, of course Tommy Mitchell is number one on this list.

Take off your 2018 season blinkers, and consider toning down to the personal abuse. That's my suggestion.
If you took off your 2018 blinkers, there is no way you could have Hayes or Cogs in there sorry mate.

If you took off your 2018 blinkers, there is no way you could have Hayes or Cogs in there sorry mate.
I assume you mean Haynes?

I'm very comfortable having them both there. I think Mitchell was a worthy winner of the Brownlow, but that's one season.

If the OP said pick the player who had the best season in 2018 from the 2011 draft, I might agree. It doesn't say that though.

I'm very comfortable having them both there. I think Mitchell was a worthy winner of the Brownlow, but that's one season.

If the OP said pick the player who had the best season in 2018 from the 2011 draft, I might agree. It doesn't say that though.
Mitchell was also All Australian in 2017 and a B&F winner to be fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point I was trying to make is neither Haynes or Cogs had really put together a good full season until this year. Tom Mitchell was runner up in last year's brownlow and is a dual AA. On top of that he was clearly Sydney's 2nd best in the 2016 GF loss.

The point I was trying to make is neither Haynes or Cogs had really put together a good full season until this year. Tom Mitchell was runner up in last year's brownlow and is a dual AA. On top of that he was clearly Sydney's 2nd best in the 2016 GF loss.
I accept I overlooked 2017 for Mitchell. Both Coniglio and Haynes have been elite since 2015 and arguably earlier though. Harder to judge while developing themselves in a developing team.

Your argument makes sense though, I concede. He should be in the top 4.

Cogs and Haynes have been good for a while. Wouldn’t call Haynes elite however.

Of course he is. Watch our game at Spotless last year if you gave any doubts. In the second half both teams played a loose man in defence. Sicily and Haynes. It won us the game.
Don’t get me wrong I really like Haynes. He is a great player.
Next year I expect he’ll be elite (for those who don’t already think he is)

My order - based on a combination of exposed form, and potential for the rest of their careers:

1. Tom Mitchell
2. Chad Wingard
3. Stephen Coniglio
4. Toby Greene
5. Elliot Yeo
6. Rory Laird
7. Lachie Neale
8. Sam Docherty
9. Brad Hill
10. Nick Haynes
11. Taylor Adams
12. Devon Smith
13. Seb Ross
14. Will Hoskin-Elliott
15. Jarrod Witts

Tried to find room for Josh Bootsma but just couldn't squeeze him in.

My order - based on a combination of exposed form, and potential for the rest of their careers:

1. Tom Mitchell
2. Chad Wingard
3. Stephen Coniglio
4. Toby Greene
5. Elliot Yeo
6. Rory Laird
7. Lachie Neale
8. Sam Docherty
9. Brad Hill
10. Nick Haynes
11. Taylor Adams
12. Devon Smith
13. Seb Ross
14. Will Hoskin-Elliott
15. Jarrod Witts

Tried to find room for Josh Bootsma but just couldn't squeeze him in.
92, just after Jackson Allen. God bless em both.

Take off your 2018 season blinkers, and consider toning down to the personal abuse. That's my suggestion.
Nice that you think anything I posted was abuse, nothing I posted in my reply to you can be remotely called abuse.

My suggestion to you is stop being a dick, of course Tommy Mitchell is the number 1.

I also suggest you stop with the “take off the 2018 blinkers” rubbish.

The bloke was runner up in the 2017 Brownlow and was AA. If you knew anything about him you would realise he was a gun at the Swans as well, a wasted gun but a gun none the less.

I do however agree with you about Cogs, and he will be a fantastic player for us soon enough. ;)

Nice that you think anything I posted was abuse, nothing I posted in my reply to you can be remotely called abuse.

My suggestion to you is stop being a dick, of course Tommy Mitchell is the number 1.

I also suggest you stop with the “take off the 2018 blinkers” rubbish.

The bloke was runner up in the 2017 Brownlow and was AA. If you knew anything about him you would realise he was a gun at the Swans as well, a wasted gun but a gun none the less.

I do however agree with you about Cogs, and he will be a fantastic player for us soon enough. ;)
Of course it was abusive. In a thread about subjective opinions, playing the man and rubbishing views you dont agree with, really does show your limitations.

1. Tom Mitchell
2. Stephen Coniglio
3. Chad Wingard
4. Elliot Yeo
5. Lachie Neale
6. Toby Green
7. Sam Docherty
8. Rory Laird
9. Devon Smith
10. Taylor Adams

Bradley Hill, Mark Blicavs are up there for me with their influence on games and run. Especially Bilcavs, might never see the best of him if the cats keep swapping his positions though.

Josh Bootsma tragically cutting short his budding career, when will never know how good the Princes Park Pedo could have been

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back