Player Watch Nathan Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

I do think brodie will get more time down back next year, especially if we dont bring in a backman like May and the fact dunn may miss the first few rounds next year. he should drop back and replace greenwood, with elliot up forward and reid playing down back until shaz recoveres.

Certainly not a fact. He's running already.

Certainly not a fact. He's running already.
Straight line running is usually allowed after three months, all going well. Not as revealing as you’d imagine.

kallangur pie

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has the right sort of body to build upon too,wide shoulders and long arms and I think if he were to grow another 3 cms he would be a key position prospect and he is still 18,a very good prospect for the future,very excited about him.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Murphy may be getting taller but he doesn't play like a key position player yet. I love his combination of spatial awareness, courage and footskills. He projects as a third tall or half back flanker to me.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Murphy may be getting taller but he doesn't play like a key position player yet. I love his combination of spatial awareness, courage and footskills. He projects as a third tall or half back flanker to me.
So did Scharenberg but he adapted and was able to play as a key defender. I’m sure Murphy could do the same if required.

So did Scharenberg but he adapted and was able to play as a key defender. I’m sure Murphy could do the same if required.

Though he Struggled at times as a KPD

Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think they believe he'll be a KPP in that sense, but yes, like Sharenberg, he'll be able to play bigger at times (but not excel for an entire season) if required because of his athleticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to see the boys getting in early........Josh Smith with them is interesting.

Good to see the boys getting in early........Josh Smith with them is interesting.

Vfl perhaps, surely we won’t rookie him

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't see his best position yet... but whilst that is a problem for others in the same boat, I think it's complimentary in his case.
I agree. Seems to have a fair few attributes that would make him suited to a variety of different roles. Could end up a forward, mid or defender. Could end up having aerial ability, inside distribution or outside distribution as his predominant strength. Get him watching James Hird videos - that's the player type that he reminds me the most of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back