F1 Championship - Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Second last race of the season, with honestly very little to play for. Hamilton secured the world title last race, and now Mercedes seem likely to secure the constructors title this weekend. I wonder what kind of Bottas we will see unleashed now that the drivers are free to race.

Bad news is that Daniel has another 5 place grid penalty for a turbo replacement. It seems that the martial's were a bit eager with the fire extinguisher last time out and damaged one of the engine parts. This should absolutely NOT be a penalty, as the part was damaged by F1 officials. I wonder if they can appeal ?

Either way, it could be an interesting race weekend with rain set to play a major role.

Race Times
Qualifying: Sunday 5AM EST
Race: Monday 5AM EST

Practice Results

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
upload_2018-11-11_18-59-18.png

I'd reckon I'd feel the same way, he had that sown up. Took a risk, rain didn't come, should have won.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
But *, shouldn't be getting physical Max. Poor form.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I get that Ocon had a right to unlap himself but it was a stupid line to take. Max is being a ******* for the follow-up though, even if he deserved to win. Ricciardo raced well.

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Max walking off before the podium celebrations
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3363/video-verstappen-storms-off-podium/

Missed everything, can’t find a replay of the actual incident anywhere yet

He didn't even clap RAI. Given his reaction to his team-mate RIC celebrating his pole in Mexico, I thought he would have gone more King Joffrey on OCO and chased after him with a crossbow. Probably have to wait until Dubai to see if they get close to each other on the track...

I missed this morning's race too, but it sounds like a replay to watch.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Poor by Ocon, but I reckon Max relaxed and took his eye off the ball, just going through the motions with a lapped car. Might teach him to be 100% on when other cars are around, no matter where they are placed.

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Poor by Ocon, but I reckon Max relaxed and took his eye off the ball, just going through the motions with a lapped car. Might teach him to be 100% on when other cars are around, no matter where they are placed.

Haven't seen the race yet, was VER in a "turn down the engine and conserve the tyres" part of the race?

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Haven't seen the race yet, was VER in a "turn down the engine and conserve the tyres" part of the race?
yes, and Ocon was on fresh super softs and Max was on 8 lap old soft tyres. Max only lapped him because the Force India was in the pits. Max even commented on why there was an approaching pink shape in his mirrors.

It was a rash move by Ocon. But it was yet another moment of an overly aggressive driving by Verstappen without thinking of the big picture. If you leave a space, Ocon unlaps himself and that's it. You "fight" the move, then you have everything to lose as Lewis said to him afterwards. And he lost the race win.

fairly certain this is the twitter msg above which disappeared.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Just watched replay of the incident, yeah, don't blame VER tbh, I would be pretty pissed as well.
Though I don't agree with physical confrontation.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

No, he was only 2 or 3 secs in front of Hamilton having not long passed him. But for whatever reason, to me, he just looked to float into the corner, like he didn't have care in the world when in fact Ocon was right there.

It was probably pretty reasonable not to expect Ocon to try and unlap himself, I mean, what's the point? But nonetheless, he did and Max got caught asleep to a certain degree, imo.

Back