Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon their should be a supplement list for blokes 21 and older who have never been on an AFL list, reckon you would find a few more players

You would think they would do this if a proper reserves system was set up to replace the VFL. Clubs could elevate a player from their VFL/reserves list to the main list mid-season, perhaps with a cap of how many per year. Or, they could pay a transfer fee or something to other clubs for their reserves players if they wanted them?

I like how when he kicks it down the wing he places it in 2 m in front of our players to run onto and the way he kicks it it always bobs up. It's happened a few times where he could have kicked it directly to a player, but it would have made them stop see he kicks it just a bit in front.

His last month has been so unselfish playing a role down back.

Is he our best/most accurate kick? Salem's kicking is more aesthetically pleasing, but he still misses targets more often

His last month has been so unselfish playing a role down back.

Is he our best/most accurate kick? Salem's kicking is more aesthetically pleasing, but he still misses targets more often

Salems misses alot of targets, I'd have Melk and Fristch ahead. Petraccas best kicks are incredible.

Spargo also has a great radar with short kicking.

Salems misses alot of targets, I'd have Melk and Fristch ahead. Petraccas best kicks are incredible.

Spargo also has a great radar with short kicking.
Petracca’s best kicks are the way footballs are meant to be kicked. Just lovely. His worst smack of country grade half back flanker standard

Would like to see Fritsch play forward next year. Such a natural at both ends. But with May KK coming in and Lever coming back we won’t need him back. I love the way he floats in to take a mark against much bigger opposition.

In my mind, he is in our best forward 6, alongside TMac, Melky, Weid, Spargo/Garlett, Resting Mid (Trac, Jones, ANB, Harmes, AVB). I have him ahead of Hannan.

Top 20 in the Coleman with one less game than some.

14.14 straightens that 3-4 goals the other way and his season looks a lot better

Would have to be up there for shots on goal and marks inside 50. What frustrates me is that his kicking is better the further out he is because he kicks through the ball and flushes it. Gets cramped the closer he is and just pokes at it.

Would have to be up there for shots on goal and marks inside 50. What frustrates me is that his kicking is better the further out he is because he kicks through the ball and flushes it. Gets cramped the closer he is and just pokes at it.

seems to kick better on the “wrong”side for a leftie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't hate on a bloke for missing shots because it will turn inevitably.
Yep. People forget that Petracca went from being a deadeye in 2017 to ‘can’t kick a set shot’ in 2018 and is now relatively even. Comes and goes to some extent.

Can't hate on a bloke for missing shots because it will turn inevitably.
I know big goal hauls are a thing of the past, but I have the feeling it's going to click for him one day and just pull 6 or 7. It's going to be beautiful when he does, at the moment still feels like he doesn't have that confidence in his ability.

Not many mid sized forwards in the league that get to such good positions in the air and on the ground as him.

His marking hasn't been as good it was last year too, I think conditions play a part.

All good marking players have patches like this. Dixon has the footy on a string ATM and he's had plenty of rough patches.

His pressure seems better than previous 2 years, and he plays on quick at half forward. We badly need it to turn for him, because at some point someone else can get the 1.3 goals a game he kicks despite having the best forward craft of our whole team.

Same with Weed really; doing everything right except converting pretty easy looks. Wattsy would be leading the coleman had he ever had this kind of service as the 3rd tall forward(plus his pressure wasn't ever that bad, I believe Champion Data had this F50 pressure rating where Wattsy was elite + his crude tackles inside 50 stat was always well above average)

He seems to get into good positions in the forward 50 which is a positive, if he straightens up his kicking then he'd have closer to 20 goals this season. I do like Bailey, he can be really frustrating, but I think he'll only get better from here.

He's winning the hardest battle which is getting loads of set shots for goal, just needs more goal kicking practice which should be easier than not being able to find the pill in the first place

Remove this Banner Ad

Back