Essendon will win the 2019 flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is it with all these opposition supporters believing winning a final is some sort of great achievement, there is only 1 GF winner each year and thats something Carlton and Melbourne both have a longer drought in doing.

What is it with all these opposition supporters believing winning a final is some sort of great achievement, there is only 1 GF winner each year and thats something Carlton and Melbourne both have a longer drought in doing.
Well winning that VERY close final v port adelaide in 2017 I believe wouldve helped the Eagles in a couple of VERY close finals in 2018 so they can be looked back on as big achievements despite not winning the GF in that particular season.

What is it with all these opposition supporters believing winning a final is some sort of great achievement, there is only 1 GF winner each year and thats something Carlton and Melbourne both have a longer drought in doing.[/QUO
Just a hint, it may have had something to do with a fellow Essendon supporter critiquing another teams performance. The response was in context to how putrid Essendon have been recently, and not just from a win / loss perspective.

Well winning that VERY close final v port adelaide in 2017 I believe wouldve helped the Eagles in a couple of VERY close finals in 2018 so they can be looked back on as big achievements despite not winning the GF in that particular season.
Richmond, Bulldogs and Collingwood didn’t require a finals win to go all the way (or close for Collingwood).

Anyway, we’ve been middle of the road for so long. A lot of expectations to take the next step. No excuses.

Just a hint, it may have had something to do with a fellow Essendon supporter critiquing another teams performance. The response was in context to how putrid Essendon have been recently, and not just from a win / loss perspective.
Well i'd say anyone is allowed to criticize another team, that's the point of a forum is it not. No need to get so defensive about it.

I really don't see where our weakness is.

We have 2 All-Australian defenders with another on the way (Francis). We have 3 All-Australian midfielders with another on the way (McGrath). An All-Australian key forward who is a genuine Coleman shot this year. Our ruckman Bellchambers had a great season in 2018 and is only behind Gawn and Grundy (and Nic Nat when he actually plays) as the form ruckman of the league. Maybe we could use another good key forward? Another inside mid maybe?

Really think all the pieces are in place for a dominant run here. I can't believe you can get $12 for an Essendon flag. The market obviously hasn't caught on yet.
If this is sarcasm, it is really good content.

Richmond, Bulldogs and Collingwood didn’t require a finals win to go all the way (or close for Collingwood).

Anyway, we’ve been middle of the road for so long. A lot of expectations to take the next step. No excuses.

I won’t be surprised if we go all the way winning that first final after so many years will be a huge monkey of the back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an Essendon supporter....an Essendon supporter.
It may fly from a Hawks, West Coast, Geelong or even a Swans supporter.
But from an Essendon supporter......
FMD, when was the last time your lot won a final? Did you sleep through the ******* drugs scandal?
Glass houses champ.
Lets' get real. EFC- last won a final a long time ago, nearly assassinated by a verdict shopping ASADA and here we are, poised for some serious September 2019 action.
As for the mighty Blues?
2 wins in 2018, begging for daft handouts behind the scenes, taking shortcuts with GWS duds, appointing a dinosaur to mentor a midget.
Yep- they're a joke.

Lets' get real. EFC- last won a final a long time ago, nearly assassinated by a verdict shopping ASADA and here we are, poised for some serious September 2019 action.
As for the mighty Blues?
2 wins in 2018, begging for daft handouts behind the scenes, taking shortcuts with GWS duds, appointing a dinosaur to mentor a midget.
Yep- they're a joke.

If you want real, pinpoint what it is in my post that's not?
The above highlighted for its "realness" You really should get some runs on the board before boasting of things that aren't actually a reality.
Keeping it real and then alluding to something that hasn't occurred. ******* hilarious.

A lot of under and over rating of Essendon in this thread.

Still, you look at the limited impact a number of very talented players had in 2018 (Daniher, Fantasia, Francis), that it ended up being something of a fact-finding mission for Stringer and that Shiel has been added...

Who the * knows what will happen. But if Essendon supporters can't get just a little more excited about 2019 compared to the last few seasons, then what's the point of being a supporter?

If you want real, pinpoint what it is in my post that's not?
The above highlighted for its "realness" You really should get some runs on the board before boasting of things that aren't actually a reality.
Keeping it real and then alluding to something that hasn't occurred. ******* hilarious.
You've said nothing to rebut the position that your organisation is fked. Tells us all you concur.
As for hilarity, only a Carlton supporter of your calibre would refuse to acknowledge EFC aren't poised for serious September action in 2019.
It's like me saying Carlton have no hope of chalking up another spoon, to add to the miserableness of 2018.

A lot of under and over rating of Essendon in this thread.

Still, you look at the limited impact a number of very talented players had in 2018 (Daniher, Fantasia, Francis), that it ended up being something of a fact-finding mission for Stringer and that Shiel has been added...

Who the **** knows what will happen. But if Essendon supporters can't get just a little more excited about 2019 compared to the last few seasons, then what's the point of being a supporter?

Agree, making the 8 and winning a final I would consider a great result for Essendon.
Making the 8 and losing competitively would be a pass mark
Not making finals should be considered below par.
Will be interesting to see how the added parts gel. Get that to occur and the past few seasons have shown anything can potentially happen.
I think it will be another season or two before the group will have played enough games together to potentially push into the top rungs.

You've said nothing to rebut the position that your organisation is fked. I'll take that as affirmation.
As for hilarity, only a Carlton supporter of your calibre would refuse to acknowledge EFC aren't poised for serious September action in 2019.
It's like me saying Carlton have no hope of chalking up another spoon, to add to the miserableness of 2018.

That’s because this isn’t a Carlton thread numpty.
FWIW I think we are on the right path.
See my above post to an Essendon supporter that provided a balanced post and isn’t as deluded or at a “if I am, what are you” maturity level.
That’s my opinion on where I believe Essendon can be, but no team is certain to be poised for anything, particularly one with Essendon’s recent track record.

They would have to improve MORE than the 11 sides that finished above them.

Shiel is good. Bloody good.

He's not that good though.
Yea, but when you factor in Shiel with the likely return of Big Joe, Orazio fully fit, Francis picking up from where he left off, Smith, Saad and Stringer with a year under their belt at Tullamarine, McGrath continuing to improve, 11 sides above is not insurmountable.

That’s because this isn’t a Carlton thread numpty.
FWIW I think we are on the right path.
See my above post to an Essendon supporter that provided a balanced post and isn’t as deluded or at a “if I am, what are you” maturity level.
That’s my opinion on where I believe Essendon can be, but no team is certain to be poised for anything, particularly one with Essendon’s recent track record.
Right path is a difficult argument to make when coming off a spoon season. Going from 6 wins in 2017 to just 2 in 2018.

Or do you just mean that it can't get worse?

Yea, but when you factor in Shiel with the likely return of Big Joe, Orazio fully fit, Francis picking up from where he left off, Smith, Saad and Stringer with a year under their belt at Tullamarine, McGrath continuing to improve, 11 sides above is not insurmountable.
Geez man - I dunno.

Three of the top sides:
West Coast - Gaff and NicNat come back into the side.
Richmond - Tom Lynch
Melbourne - adding May, Kolo and Lever

These sides just put together seasons at least 6 games more than Essendon (including finals wins) AND they've added topline players.

There's not a solid argument on Essendon finishing higher than any of those three that is based on players.

Right path is a difficult argument to make when coming off a spoon season. Going from 6 wins in 2017 to just 2 in 2018.

Or do you just mean that it can't get worse?

Not the right thread for this, but a little of both.
Our recruiting has been strong the past three seasons, coming from a disastrous period prior to that.
Have added some A grade talent, and some exciting young players with talent / potential.
Last season was wrecked by injuries which exposed the gulf we have of capable mature players to support, nurture and protect the youngsters.
Need to recruit the best player this year with the number 1 pick and then try to add some key mature role players and a potential jet over the next two seasons. Potentially see this squad then challenging for finals from 2020 and being at its prime 22/23
I think six to eight wins next season would be a pass mark next year, anything below not up to par.

Geez man - I dunno.

Three of the top sides:
West Coast - Gaff and NicNat come back into the side.
Richmond - Tom Lynch
Melbourne - adding May, Kolo and Lever

These sides just put together seasons at least 6 games more than Essendon (including finals wins) AND they've added topline players.

There's not a solid argument on Essendon finishing higher than any of those three that is based on players.

I’d have them behind four in Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood, Melbourne.
Potentially sitting in the group with Swans, GWS, Hawks, Geelong & Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back