Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
2012: Swans win flag
2013: Year of decision making for Buddy
2014: Disappointment number one
2016: Disappintmennt number two
2017 onwards: Regret

2017: Richmond win flag
2018: Year of decision making for Lynch
2019.....??

:eek:
Possibly, except a Lynch didn't leave a flag team haha

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm sure Buddy is regretting his millions of dollars, Sydney beach life, the hundreds of Bondi beach girls he has porked, his mountains of cocaine, all in a city where is isnt half as recognizable as he would be anywhere else in Australia.
Lynch moved away from the beach life, by contrast. What has been his incentive? Don’t say flags because if this thread proves anything it’s “flags are irrelevant”... or so I’m told

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Buddy is out of the fishbowl of Melbourne. He can go to the shops to buy milk now without being swamped by people wanting his autograph or a selfie with him. I suspect that fact alone means he is happy in Sydney, and happy with his choice. Not to mention he has also won 3 coleman medals with the Swans, plus 3 All Australians, including being AA captain in 2018. There is a real chance in 2019 he will win another Coleman and there is also a high chance that in 2020 he is going to kick over 1000 goals since he is on about 916 right now. I mean 2019 is possible for him to reach 1000 goals, but 2020 seems more likely.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Buddy is out of the fishbowl of Melbourne. He can go to the shops to buy milk now without being swamped by people wanting his autograph or a selfie with him. I suspect that fact alone means he is happy in Sydney, and happy with his choice. Not to mention he has also won 3 coleman medals with the Swans, plus 3 All Australians, including being AA captain in 2018. There is a real chance in 2019 he will win another Coleman and there is also a high chance that in 2020 he is going to kick over 1000 goals since he is on about 916 right now. I mean 2019 is possible for him to reach 1000 goals, but 2020 seems more likely.

I knew Buddy would be amazing for the Swans. But I didn't really believe that a player his size could have his longevity. He is slowing down a bit... but just a bit.

He could be the best player I have ever seen, and his longevity has a say in that.

I hope that when he does retire that he has a big homecoming moment with the Hawks.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

Buddy buying milk? Come on. And he’s no managed by markson so you can see where the career is going.
I like how someone says he spent 2013 agonising his decision. I’m betting he made it before jessinta had reached for a wiper for the first time
Good on ya bud.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I knew Buddy would be amazing for the Swans. But I didn't really believe that a player his size could have his longevity. He is slowing down a bit... but just a bit.

He could be the best player I have ever seen, and his longevity has a say in that.

I hope that when he does retire that he has a big homecoming moment with the Hawks.
There will always be the 2 Grand Final reunions the others can remind him of the ones he didnt get

dzussy

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Buddy buying milk? Come on. And he’s no managed by markson so you can see where the career is going.
I like how someone says he spent 2013 agonising his decision. I’m betting he made it before jessinta had reached for a wiper for the first time
Good on ya bud.

I still doubt he'd be grabbing a trolley at Woolworths and not get noticed.
He'd be smashing the Uber Eats, you can bet your ass.

Cudi_420

Premiership Player
Feb 16, 2010
East Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Footy players don't really get swamped here. Especially considering they mostly live in affluent areas so the people are less likely to bug them. I live in Essendon and see footy players all the time, many live around here. They just get on with it. Granted not to the celebrity of Buddy but still I think that's none factor. If anything I think Buddy just wanted to get away from the Vic media.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Footy players don't really get swamped here. Especially considering they mostly live in affluent areas so the people are less likely to bug them. I live in Essendon and see footy players all the time, many live around here. They just get on with it. Granted not to the celebrity of Buddy but still I think that's none factor. If anything I think Buddy just wanted to get away from the Vic media.

Buddy is a different story though. As good as someone like Patrick Cripps is, I don't actually think I would pick him out of a police lineup, and I suspect a lot of other people are the same. Buddy though, everyone would instantly recognise Buddy.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He’d have to crack the top 10 forwards of all time ... not sure he’d in the top 5.
(I’d still have Coleman, Hudson, Coventry, Lockett & Ablett ahead of him)

Dunstall is my GOAT... but that is a handy list.

I haven't seen The first 3 play live (I think you could argue that rules them out for me).

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Lynch moved away from the beach life, by contrast. What has been his incentive? Don’t say flags because if this thread proves anything it’s “flags are irrelevant”... or so I’m told
His incentive is to get away from a club going down the toilet and come home.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't reckon he will have as much as regrets as Ablett, left the club his father played at missed out on another premiership and possibly more if he stayed, to an expansion club that never looked close to making finals and under his leadership has been a complete rabble, and then crawls back to his old team with his tail between his legs just as their premiership window has closed nail and bolted shut

Back