Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarke sounds like a good replacement for luenburger. Am frustrated that hes being described as the 2nd/backup ruckmen when all i want too see is how draper is at afl level.

Clarke's been out of the AFL for a year I believe?

Probably not as good as Leuenberger but can't complain

I suspect Mason will play quite a few games as our 23rd player next year.

Personally think TAC footy may be a better path development wise given his lack of physical development and the fact he's coming off an injury. At least for the first half of the season to let him build confidence .

That will be because Mumford was still contracted.
Not in 2018 he wasn't.

From what I can understand we're using the mid year draft rule, which seems a bit odd, would rather just draft him and keep that other one up our sleeve next year.

Not in 2018 he wasn't.

From what I can understand we're using the mid year draft rule, which seems a bit odd, would rather just draft him and keep that other one up our sleeve next year.

I don't see the benefit from Clarke's perspective. Surely he isn't losing anything but just nominating for the draft in case he lands himself in a better situation.

Not in 2018 he wasn't.

Fill me in Eth? Mid year draft rule? How's that processed?

Not in 2018 he wasn't.

You sure about that?

If he had a year to run, provision is still made in the salary cap, etc.

They didn't just magically add him to their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you go off the Afl website article it says that both mumford and clarke cant be dfas as both have had a year out of the game. But both are waiting to get afl approval on a new rule in which former afl listed players can sign as cat a rookies between dec 1 and march 15. It says there is a bit of confusion around the rule but the rule was originally brought in to help clubs cover for a sudden retirement or a serious long term injury. So apprantly clarke will have to nominate for the draft if the afl dont deem him or us eligible for this rule.

You sure about that?

He isn't on their list at the moment

I don't see the benefit from Clarke's perspective. Surely he isn't losing anything but just nominating for the draft in case he lands himself in a better situation.
I agree, it is a bit strange.
Fill me in Eth? Mid year draft rule? How's that processed?
Was covered by Bjchan13's post
You sure about that?

He isn't listed by GWS

Just had a look at Clarkes WAFL stats for this year, damn he smashed it out of the park on the hitout front! Decent scoreboard impact too. Perfect cover for TBell.

For those interested: http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/2093

I'm actually worried Clark is too good as I want to get some games into Draper especially considering he comes out of contract .

I'm actually worried Clark is too good as I want to get some games into Draper especially considering he comes out of contract .

I wouldn't be too concerned. Draper is still quite raw and I highly doubt he'll be ready for a game next year. We need a ready made quality ruckman to save the day if TBell goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back