GDFL Season 2021

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Great young player and lad, he will do well, but from what I hear I doubt he will get to sing the song much and should get a game easy, i reckon he would be regretting signing with the Giants before McDowell got the North Shore job......

If we can keep our best team on the park for a good chunk of the season we'll finish above North Shore. They have lost some quality players and they don't have the amount of good young players coming up through the ranks we do.

Phantom35

Debutant
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we can keep our best team on the park for a good chunk of the season we'll finish above North Shore. They have lost some quality players and they don't have the amount of good young players coming up through the ranks we do.

He will be in West best 22 easily. Will end up wasting his prime there for extra cash. Like Symes and Moreland before him

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
He will be in West best 22 easily. Will end up wasting his prime there for extra cash. Like Symes and Moreland before him

Symes and Moreland were selected in the GFL squad playing for West, hardly wasting their prime.

He can't have been on much if you think he'll be getting all this extra money at West.

Last edited:

Phantom35

Debutant
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Symes and Moreland were selected in the GFL squad playing for West, hardly wasting their prime.

He can't have been on much if you think he'll be getting all this extra money at West.

Don’t know what he’d be on. I know what those other players were on and it’s a lot more than other successful GFL clubs were offering at the time.
They played inter league and Vic country yes.how many finals they play? How many wins even?
Just saying would rather see a GDFL player try at a decent GFL club than take he cash and walk into a cellar dweller like West. But that’s their choice and their right to do whatever they want.

Kick it forward

Senior List
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t know what he’d be on. I know what those other players were on and it’s a lot more than other successful GFL clubs were offering at the time.
They played inter league and Vic country yes.how many finals they play? How many wins even?
Just saying would rather see a GDFL player try at a decent GFL club than take he cash and walk into a cellar dweller like West. But that’s their choice and their right to do whatever they want.

Dalton has a family connection to west. I think his dad played at west. It was part of the reason to go to west

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Might as well make it a 5 team league then if that's the attitude.

GullsFC

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Now that preseason should be well underway for all clubs, anything worth noting from clubs so far?
I heard that Apollo Bay are chasing Barton and Addie, while Thomson had around 50 on their first night.

Swamp Dog

GDFL all knowing guru
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Now that preseason should be well underway for all clubs, anything worth noting from clubs so far?
I heard that Apollo Bay are chasing Barton and Addie, while Thomson had around 50 on their first night.
Everyone wants to get on the gravy train at Thomson, only 22 still picked game day means their 2s should be competetive

PUNCHY

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2007
Belmont Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton

Matty Tyquin off to Ballan too, clearance lodged, get on Ballan Sportsbet for the flag, so do they have a cap and points in that league??? with the Inva boys.....
My mail is Werribee slipping under the radar with points to burn due to juniors and some handy higher WDFL pickups.....
North will be stronger too, could be an interesting year, gotta love the silly season.

Kick it forward

Senior List
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Matty Tyquin off to Ballan too, clearance lodged, get on Ballan Sportsbet for the flag, so do they have a cap and points in that league??? with the Inva boys.....
My mail is Werribee slipping under the radar with points to burn due to juniors and some handy higher WDFL pickups.....
North will be stronger too, could be an interesting year, gotta love the silly season.

Tim Barton and Addie trained at Ballan this week also.

Phantom35

Debutant
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting topic for discussion, just saw on Krock footy the GDFL will play the Bellerine in Interleague next year.
You would hope all the clubs guns will put their hand up, be a good crowd too.

Very exciting. Will be a good crowd. 5-6 years ago I would have said GDFL to win but there’s been a huge change with money and big names able to go to BFL compared to GDFL. Reckon BFL won by 8-10 goals unfortunately.
Hope GDFL can put its best team out there

ashhhhyyyboy

Draftee
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Very exciting. Will be a good crowd. 5-6 years ago I would have said GDFL to win but there’s been a huge change with money and big names able to go to BFL compared to GDFL. Reckon BFL won by 8-10 goals unfortunately.
Who is GDFLs best team thoughts??

Senior v Junior

Senior List
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
The GFL is 10 goals better than the BFL.
And the BFL is 10 goals better (being very generous) than the GDFL.
Let's face facts, the GDFL is rubbish.

Dartman

Draftee
May 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
The GDFL have had great buy in from the coaches and players for interleague in the last few years.
The BFL have a lot at stake as they are expected to win the game. The GD really have nothing to lose.
With players like Gillies, Bouman, Donohue, Ellis, Westwood, Stirling, etc coming into the competition I think the GD will field a very strong side.
And that’s just the guys we know who are coming into the competition at this point.
Club versus club I agree the competitions don’t really stack up all that closely but 22 versus 22 is another story.
Personally, I think the game would be a very tight match up.

Keplerbradley87

Draftee
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
How much are coaches getting paid these days across the Geelong leagues? Obviously there would be some variance, but curious if it is similar to, or more than the highest paid players.

Hawk202

Senior List
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
How much are coaches getting paid these days across the Geelong leagues? Obviously there would be some variance, but curious if it is similar to, or more than the highest paid players.

Theres a huge varience. I know of some who are on around the $15,000 mark and some that have been around the $40,000 mark.

Back