Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Bryce Gibbs had a large amount of money on Carlton to win against The Bombers a few years back. It was the the game that ended in a draw and he had a kick outside 50 to win it.

Alf-Stewart-Pokies-1.jpg
No one gets out of that mans dungeon

I heard that when they raided Cosgrove’s room it resembled a ransacked KFC franchise with chicken carcasses all over the place
Cossie was just channelling his inner Pedro Cerrano, making an offering to Jobu to wake up his bat
IMG_3683.jpg

Heard Bryce Gibbs had a large amount of money on Carlton to win against The Bombers a few years back. It was the the game that ended in a draw and he had a kick outside 50 to win it.
I'm sure Gibbs will be pleased that you've outed him for betting on matches

Nowhere in that article does it specifically suggest what I have been saying.

Which is why it got through the lawyers.
Wasn't there a text message released at the time along the lines of "David, have got the financials of the AOD project for you"

As has been stated, Dodoro was actually promoted this year. Doesn’t really gel with him being a shaky ground, does it
You've never seen anyone in an organisation be promoted to remove them from the area they aren't performing well in?
Have seen in numerous times in big corporations

I'm sure Gibbs will be pleased that you've outed him for betting on matches

I went to a business breakfast a few years ago where Andrew Dillon explained to our table how the AFL zone in on suspicious bets. He used the Dean Wallis case as an example of how they can unearth betting patterns. They have eyes and ears everywhere.

If Bryce Gibbs had placed a punt on a match, the AFL would have known about it very quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I'm saying that this was what happened with the dodo, but I've seen that happen too whilst working for one of the very biggest companies/employers in Australia. My partner tells me she's seen it happen in the ATO.

You'd be naive to think it doesn't happen.

Not that I'm saying that this was what happened with the dodo, but I've seen that happen too whilst working for one of the very biggest companies/employers in Australia. My partner tells me she's seen it happen in the ATO.

You'd be naive to think it doesn't happen.

Lol, it’s just classic internet reasoning.

Rubbish rumour posted

Rumour easily debunked

“Yeah well, it could obviously be this!”

Give me a spell you muppets

Dodoro wasn’t getting sacked ffs.

I went to a business breakfast a few years ago where Andrew Dillon explained to our table how the AFL zone in on suspicious bets. He used the Dean Wallis case as an example of how they can unearth betting patterns. They have eyes and ears everywhere.

If Bryce Gibbs had placed a punt on a match, the AFL would have known about it very quickly.
Wasn’t him who put the bet on personally. But you’re right you think they would have caught on if it was more than one time.

While on the subject of players gambling on matches, IIRC Paul Roos told a weird/funny story set in the dark old days of Fitzroy. From my hazy memory, it went like this. The team had some good players, yet their results weren't crash hot. Players were owed significant amounts of money by the Club at the time. Morale was very low amongst the playing group. After Thursdays training a "Blue Movie Piss Up Night" was held by the players to improve morale. Blue Movie Nights were popular amongst men in the 70's. They all got roaring drunk & watched pr0n together (very weird imo). Anyway, the drunken players hatched a plan to back themselves the upcoming weekend against highly ranked opponents. The odds were huge. The Lions won the game & the winnings financed their end of season trip. Probably also helped some players pay mortgages, electricity bills etc. etc.

While on the subject of players gambling on matches, IIRC Paul Roos told a weird/funny story set in the dark old days of Fitzroy. From my hazy memory, it went like this. The team had some good players, yet their results weren't crash hot. Players were owed significant amounts of money by the Club at the time. Morale was very low amongst the playing group. After Thursdays training a "Blue Movie Piss Up Night" was held by the players to improve morale. Blue Movie Nights were popular amongst men in the 70's. They all got roaring drunk & watched pr0n together (very weird imo). Anyway, the drunken players hatched a plan to back themselves the upcoming weekend against highly ranked opponents. The odds were huge. The Lions won the game & the winnings financed their end of season trip. Probably also helped some players pay mortgages, electricity bills etc. etc.
Is this a story he told on the Sunday Rub? A significant part of me thinks he makes them up given he has to tell a new story every week all year.

Dogs players in the 80s used to punt on themselves if they were training well. Beasley was the main organiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back