Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

Not against it but I don't think that's what Cerrone was alluding to when he spoke to the media after his fight. It's in the rumour mill and I think he decided to jump on it publicly......nothing to lose really in doing so. McGregor will never find a shortage of fighters wanting to fight him.

My guess was the UFC wants a Diaz vs Cerrone 2 fight.

Beating Cerrone doesn’t get McGregor another title shot. Makes no sense.

Was hoping Poirier beat Diaz.
McGregor v Poirier would make sense.

yeah strong whispers there i dont know, but where there smoke sometimes theres fire. Connor talk is not talk about building for title shots like norm fighters. If he wants the cowboy he will get him. Im thinking more the lines of nate, cowboy might be safer than Nate but still dangerous. Connor can sell it but dont think Cowboy will get involved in his trash and as for the fighter with the most wins in the UFC it be a nice payday either way good for him and his family. aslways been a hard worker taking on so many fights for the UFC would be nice to see them pay him back in kind as well.

Doubt Conor cares about a title. He draws no matter what his fight is, Cerrone is maaaaaaaybe the biggest draw besides Diaz he probably gets right now.

The next HW title shot is going to a guy who is 2 losses and a no contest in his last 3 fights, making sense went out the window a while ago.

Completely agree. That’s the fight that has always made sense for me.

Tony to fight Khabib for the title.

I think he just wants to fight Khabib again, belt or not but obviously he has it and has never lost.

If Tony does beat Khabib wouldn’t mind Conor Khabib 2 for no belt. It wouldn’t matter, easy 2mil ppv again. I don’t think he massively wants the belt, it’s a nice addition but he probably won’t defend it so it’s better he doesn’t.

Given this some more thought and I really can't see the Cerrone/McGregor fight happening. I don't think McGregor wants anything to do with anyone that is physically taller & bigger than he is (with the exception of Nate).

If it is what the UFC wants next...the only way I think they'll get McGregor to agree is if they make this fight for the inaugural 165 weight division and have a belt on the line.

I'd be lobbying for a fight in Ireland and take on Ferguson or Poirier.

Lesnar fighting Cormier doesn't really make sense either, but Lesnar and Conor are both huge draws so it does make sense.

McGregor is a huge draw whoever he fights. Can’t see why he would want to fight Cerrone if he really wants a rematch with Khabib this isn’t the way to get it.

McGregor is a huge draw whoever he fights. Can’t see why he would want to fight Cerrone if he really wants a rematch with Khabib this isn’t the way to get it.

They could easily justify a rematch from this if they wanted, do the old trick of bumping Cerrone up the rankings before the fight etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to see him winning again. He is just too damn entertaining. Would like to see Ferguson vs Khabib first, then maybe Connor vs Poirier, then if he wins that, fight whoever loses the Ferguson vs Khabib fight. All good fights and would restore some kind of importance to the rankings system.

Who would you like to see him fight next?

I've got a few choices.. Jose, Max, Porier, Furguson, or if in boxing - Paul Malignaggi.
Khabib would be after Conor has a win (but I wouldn't be surprised if he got gifted a rematch straight up).
Jose rematch for mine.

He can’t afford another loss.

I've got a few choices.. Jose, Max, Porier, Furguson, or if in boxing - Paul Malignaggi.
Khabib would be after Conor has a win (but I wouldn't be surprised if he got gifted a rematch straight up).
Edit: and throw in Nate 3.

Ferguson or Khabib

Edit: and throw in Nate 3.
Rematch with Max. Would be s good fight and I don’t know if Conor would beat him.
Then the winner of that fights the winner of Khabib Ferguson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back