Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
I tell you what, when LeBron goes beast mode, there’s no stopping him

We’ll definitely be a playoff team if we keep up this performance, the team is starting to gel nicely. Shame that Rondo is out for a couple of weeks, but it gives Ball a chance to cement his spot

Would still love us to trade for a Beal or Kemba type to be a genuine consistent 2nd scoring option to LeBron, but the way things are going, we might get KD as our 2nd option in the summer lol

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I tell you what, when LeBron goes beast mode, there’s no stopping him

We’ll definitely be a playoff team if we keep up this performance, the team is starting to gel nicely. Shame that Rondo is out for a couple of weeks, but it gives Ball a chance to cement his spot

Would still love us to trade for a Beal or Kemba type to be a genuine consistent 2nd scoring option to LeBron, but the way things are going, we might get KD as our 2nd option in the summer lol

It's hard to tell, we can only go by how things seem, but I thought watching today that the relationship between LeBron and the other Laker players really started to click for the first time. There were still errant passes, but as you said, LeBron went into beast mode for (IMHO) the first time since he's been with the Lakers. It's all good and we'd be crazy not to think it's going to get better.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
If we trade for Kemba, do we get his bird rights? If so, I’d give up Lonzo, Wagner and one of Kuz or BI in a package to secure him

He’d do wonders next to LBJ

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
It's not possible to play any worse and still win.

Cavs should have beaten us. Very impressed with Osman, he's the type of player we all hoped Kuzma would be. God only knows what's happened to Kuzma, he's s**t. So is Ingram. I've given up hoping those 2 would take the next level, they simply refuse to.

Ingram has an interesting way of defending his opponent. He starts between the player and the basket, allows his man to run around him, and then follows him to the basket. WTF???!!! I'm also at a mystery to explain LeBron continually leaving unprotected area vacant and allowing good looks for 3. Happened way too often tonight. At least apply SOME pressure to the shooter FFS!!!

Far too many prayers thrown up from the 3, and way too slack in the defensive paint allowing Cavs 2nd and 3rd shots under the basket. And the turnovers .... horrendous. Not very pleased with tonight's game at all. Walton, are you sure that's the best you can do?

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ingram for Beal, please

Kuz is going through a rough patch of shooting, he’ll be better for the run. So will be good, Hart is already good

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I watched the replay of the game and it was dull. Slow pace, bugger all assists and a truck load of turnovers. Lakers just have to stop coughing the ball up. The lack of assists is the biggest worry, the Lakers don't appear to be playing as a team. I don't know which was the more ugly, the game style or the uniform. Please Lakers, throw those used handkerchiefs in the bin and get back to the purple and gold.

BTW ... thanks ESPN. After avoiding the score all day so I could watch the replay, ESPN decide to flash up the final score with about 5 minutes to go :)

Back