OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Pretty fair

Like all the usual suspects he mentions for our top 10 picks.

Hoping either McLennan (wants to come to GC), McHenry (biggest character / most vocal draftee), Valente or O'Halloran (one of the best leaders / high character) are there at 24

At 29 look for the best out and out mid left like a Ely Smith, Joyce, Foley, Berry, McFyden or Bytel.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Like all the usual suspects he mentions for our top 10 picks.

Hoping either McLennan (wants to come to GC), McHenry (biggest character / most vocal draftee), Valente or O'Halloran (one of the best leaders / high character) are there at 24

At 29 look for the best out and out mid left like a Ely Smith, Joyce, Foley, Berry, McFyden or Bytel.
Don't mind Damon Greaves at pick 29 if Mclennan gone . A bit speculative but after F/s and academy bid around that range .
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2018-damon-greaves-blossoms-on-both-feet-ng-b881006943z

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The best player available might not always end up being the best player. Rozee could well end up being the best of the lot even though he’s a bit down the pecking order at the moment. He was the MVP in U16s. Likewise Caldwell was rated the better player than Walsh until injuries hit him this year.
I’m almost more interested now in who is available to us and who we select at #24 and #29. Still have a slim hope O’Halloran is there at #24. Still hoping we go for Pickett at #29 if he has the speed, skills and toughness as has been reported. We need all of that in our midfield. Really hoping Cameron doesn’t do a Clayton and reach for some spud we haven’t heard of that’s been “hidden away”. Just play it safe for once.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
St Kilda : GC do you want pick 4 for Rozee
GC : nah pick 6 for Caldwell/Smith is ok
St Kilda : Port do you want pick 4 for Rozee
Port : nah Ben king or Smith is ok
St Kilda : tell the journo we are into Rozee big time and GC are offering pick 6 and 24 for him .

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The only nicer offer would be Port with 5 and 15 but don't see why I do that if I'm Port just to get Rozee if I think I'm going to miss out on Rankine & Luko.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe Suns just chasing pick 4...
If we holding pick 2-3-4

Port or Adelaide would need to pay up premium to get access to Lukosius or Rankine.

Maybe ports pick 5 and next years first for pick 3.. that way they have access to 1 of rankine or Lukosius

Or could even take this years 5 and 10 if we dont want to play the futures game

I suspect Port to be downhill skiers in 2019
Losing pollock and pittard.
Gray westhoff ryder boak all another year older and slower

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Hearing Suns have offered Saints picks 6 and 24 for

Saints pick 4

Saints holding out to see if anyone comes late with a nicer offer
I like either Caldwell or Rozee so I wouldn't make that trade personally.

The only reason I make that trade is if I think getting 2, 3, 4 helps me extract a better deal out of Port or the Crows for 3 or 4.

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

The only reason I make that trade is if I think getting 2, 3, 4 helps me extract a better deal out of Port or the Crows for 3 or 4.

I would definitely do it. If we can secure those 3 together, we're half giving them the keys to the club for the next decade which could secure their commitment with the likes of Weller, Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes, Miller, Wright.
Put the pressure on these roosters to own it, and drive it.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Agree 100% no point paid over to get Rozee as he is either be there at 6 or Caldwell who is equal in skill but a capable kick with his left foot also.

Worst case scenario happen .

Pick 4 Caldwell
Pick 5 Rozee
Pick 6 Bailey Smith /Ben king or trade it out to GWS with pick 29
For pick 9,19 .

Listen to Emma interview , GWS really interested in Ben king .

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Losing pick 24 retaining 29 and moving up to 2,3 and 4 sounds like a no-brainer to me
If pick 24 ends up with 6 Brownlows and 4 Premierships at another Club while 29 fades into AFL obscurity, well that's just plain bad luck
Everything between 20 and 40 is a roullete wheel spin
Quality over quantity
Why not both simultaneously,
2,3,6 quality
24,29,80 quantity.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders

I like him as well, especially at 29. Although I don’t see him as a particularly high need especially if we go with Rankine at 3 (even though he doesn’t provide the defensive side of McHenry).

He does look to have all the characteristics of a small-forward in the modern game and can go up the ground in time. I like the whole developing independence thing at school thing going on there as well. Would have great character.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

We could walk out of there with
@2 lukosius or Rankine
@4 rozee
@5 Caldwell/smith
@10 hately

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Because 18yo Mr Pick 80 will be a list clogger as will more than likely Mr 29
Sam Mitchell
Dane Swan
Touk Miller
Charlie Ballard
Luke Ryan
Willie Rioli
Zac Langdon
Matt Priddis
Tim Kelly
Etc are not list clogger.
Saad also not a list clogger.
Because of GCS unique squad retention , you need to mix it up rather than top heavy for high end draft pick .

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Agree with this...
Retaining 24 and 29 gives us twice as many chances to find a gem in the 20's...
Is kind of free hit , look at Lachie Neale , great return for a pick at 54 , even Saad a rookie pick that want to return home worth pick 29 in this year draft .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back