Old Bigpond full match replays

Remove this Banner Ad

I Managed to get Just about all the games from 2006 Season from the old replays (Round 1 - 22). if anyone can help me out with getting other games that would be great.

I find it hard to believe that they would have deleted all of the games from 2002-2009.
It makes more sense that they would move them all to http://bptvmedia.vos.bigpond.com/ where everything else is stored, but the pathname is like finding a needle in a haystack.
In fact I'm surprised they don't include 2002-2009 in the AFL Live Pass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hard to believe that they would have deleted all of the games from 2002-2009.
It makes more sense that they would move them all to http://bptvmedia.vos.bigpond.com/ where everything else is stored, but the pathname is like finding a needle in a haystack.
In fact I'm surprised they don't include 2002-2009 in the AFL Live Pass

I heard a few months back that Fox will be launching a service that involves AFL replays. Big collection of games to be available to watch.
Not sure if that is true, if it is true we should see that launched by the end of the year. I kind of hope that happens because it would be a great source for old games, one we could exploit.
Could the footage of the games that we used to access through the Bigpond servers be moved to go into that Fox service?

Could the footage of the games that we used to access through the Bigpond servers be moved to go into that Fox service?
I doubt it, the quality of those old games wouldn't even be considered 200p in todays terms.
If they are going to launch something like that, then they will use TV archives to convert to digital stuff at a decent resolution.

Does anyone know a place like footygames.net76.net to access coz that was awesome.

Basically YouTube. There are a few channels where you can find old games e.g. Jake Best, Jeff Albertson, Classic AFL Matches (my own channel).
The Bigpond servers that footygames.net76.net directed to all these old games was put out of action a few months back.

I'm looking for full match replays of some old Essendon games, if anyone knows where to find one or all of them I'd be very grateful!

-Rd 19 2006, Ess vs Coll
-Rd 4 2007, Ess vs StK
-Rd 14 2008, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 2 2009, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 9 2009, Ess vs Rich
-Rd 12 2009, Ess vs Melb

There is a bloke on YouTube who has a channel called "Classic AFL games" and he does a lot of full matches from 2009. If the AFL hadn't have had Telstra remove the bigpond links, we wouldn't have this problem :mad:

Good win last night mate. Melbourne aren't that rubbish, as evidenced by them kicking 18 goals. Bombers on the way up. Hope it makes your weekend a bright one!

Edit: Kaufman owns the channel I mentioned. Sorry brother. I didn't read the thread above. Love your work. The 2009 clash between west coast and Collingwood at subiaco is a cherished memory, and was hard to find even with bigpond up and running!

Much love :thumbsu:

There is a bloke on YouTube who has a channel called "Classic AFL games" and he does a lot of full matches from 2009. If the AFL hadn't have had Telstra remove the bigpond links, we wouldn't have this problem :mad:

Good win last night mate. Melbourne aren't that rubbish, as evidenced by them kicking 18 goals. Bombers on the way up. Hope it makes your weekend a bright one!

Edit: Kaufman owns the channel I mentioned. Sorry brother. I didn't read the thread above. Love your work. The 2009 clash between west coast and Collingwood at subiaco is a cherished memory, and was hard to find even with bigpond up and running!

Much love :thumbsu:

Thanks mate, yeah I'm checking the Classic AFL Games channel all the time, but most of the Essendon games on there I've either already got or (mostly) are ones we lose haha! But I'll certainly keep checking in case any others get uploaded. And yeah was a great win on Friday night, hope we can play like that from now on! You guys have a big game coming up against the Doggies, who'd have thought that game would have been so huge a month ago???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back