No Oppo Supporters 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I do like it, it amuses me how short sighted it is.
It's like saying travelling doesn't impact the teams.

Imagine the Pies flying to WA/QLD every 2nd week.

That is one thing I rate both the Weagles & Freo on. Their successful eras have been while travelling thousands of km's more than any if the other clubs. Imagine how dominant that 05-06 Eagles team could have been if they travelled the same km's as the Pies??

It's like saying travelling doesn't impact the teams.

Imagine the Pies flying to WA/QLD every 2nd week.

That is one thing I rate both the Weagles & Freo on. Their successful eras have been while travelling thousands of km's more than any if the other clubs. Imagine how dominant that 05-06 Eagles team could have been if they travelled the same km's as the Pies??
That team was flying high in more ways than one

AFLX is looking very, very silly,
"with the four biggest stars in the game set to captain and pick their own teams" - Dangerfield, Lance, Fyfe, Martin
:huh::p:eek:
Please don't play Lance !!! Please stay in cotton wool

"with the four biggest stars in the game set to captain and pick their own teams" - Dangerfield, Lance, Fyfe, Martin

What a farce.

No it really isn't. One has heart and passion and integrity - the other is a facile marketing exercise. And I really don't understand the constant need to take potshots at the AFLW - seriously get over it...we get it you don't rate it.

Yup, really looking forward to having an AFLW team to get behind. No Swans team in the competition has made it harder to feel engaged with it.

At least they got the top 4 players correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton are making another mistake if they don't take Lukosius.

Completely disagree.

They traded in McGovern, they have Charlie Curnow already.

Sam Walsh is the clear number 1 pick, it suits Carlton too. Apart from Cripps their midfield is awful, they need midfield depth. You either take him or Issak Rankine (a bigger go home risk). For me, they are the best two in the draft. It suits their needs too. Walsh has zero go home risk and he's one of the surest and rounded midfielders coming through the draft in a few years.

If you are contending, you need midfield depth. They will address this in this draft and have an early selection in 2019.

Completely disagree.

Sam Walsh is the clear number 1 pick, it suits Carlton too. Apart from Cripps their midfield is awful, they need midfield depth. You either take him or Issak Rankine (a bigger go home risk). For me, they are the best two in the draft. It suits their needs too. Walsh has zero go home risk and he's one of the surest and rounded midfielders coming through the draft in a few years.

If you are contending, you need midfield depth. They will address this in this draft and have an early selection in 2019.

I'll be honest McGovern slipped my mind. However I think Lukosious should be number 1, don't think it's as clear cut as you. The fact that he is a key forward always helps swing things in his favour as well.

I'll be honest McGovern slipped my mind. However I think Lukosious should be number 1, don't think it's as clear cut as you. The fact that he is a key forward always helps swing things in his favour as well.

Being busy with a bub this year and moving I haven't followed Jack's 2018 season as closely but I had Walsh and Max King (no way you'd take the risk coming off a reco) as my top 2 going into this year. Everything Walsh does screams class. Think of a Josh Jelly type. It's the exact player Carlton needs actually. Lets assume Carlton come bottom 3 in 2019 (reasonable assumption), there are a few key forwards that are likely to be available. I actually thought Carlton might have split their pick 1 to get multiple picks in the first round. I'm surprised they haven't asked Adelaide or Port. Pick 1 for picks 5 and 10 would be alright (with a future second going back to Port). They'd still be able to get a Bailey Smith or Rozee at pick 5, and probably be able to get one of the King brothers or a Jye Caldwell at 10. Port could take Rankine at 1.

The key forwards going high in the draft have been a bit more miss than hit recently. Lukocius by all accounts is different, it isn't just a matter of him using a bigger body to dominate at youth level, but the likes of Patton, Watts, Schache, McCartin, Boyd, etc who were selected very early in starts from the last few years have not really transferred their junior form to AFL in the ways people hoped/expected.

Completely disagree.

I thought on was on the draft thread !

No it really isn't. One has heart and passion and integrity - the other is a facile marketing exercise. And I really don't understand the constant need to take potshots at the AFLW - seriously get over it...we get it you don't rate it.

But to be clear, which one has all that nice stuff about it?

Not that Cal Twomey is the gospel, but on SEN he said the Blues have narrowed their pick 1 down to 2- Walsh or Issak Rankine.

Rankine the higher risk (but higher reward), Walsh the safe 200 game bet player. Both will suit them. Not surprised they aren't going tall at all.

Last edited:
Not that Cal Twomey is the gospel, but on SEN he said the Blues have narrowed their pick 1 down to 2- Walsh or Issak Rankine.

Ranking the higher risk (but higher reward), Walsh the safe 200 game bet player. Both will suit them. Not surprised they aren't going tall at all.
This is not the draft thread ffs !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back