News AFLW New Women's Jumpers for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
With the AFLW Draft today we've seen the reveal of a number of new designs for 2019. Share stories and information in this thread. Any anti-AFLW posts will be swiftly dealt with. We had a similar thread last year and it went smoothly so I don't anticipate any trouble but this is just a forewarning.

Let's get started with Collingwood who, as of now, have no front sponsor. It appears like they've planned for this by putting the club logo where a sponsor would usually go instead, but it's interesting to see that Holden have dropped off. I guess a lot of the initial sponsorships would have been 2-year deals which is why we should be seeing plenty of change this season.

638124.jpg

A closer look at the new collar design that looks like it will be adopted league-wide; the Cotton On contract remaining in place.

638104.jpg

Geelong joins and has got Ford on board for the women's side of things too, but the centering of the logo is a disappointment (note the light blue oval remains as well).

638116.jpg

Doesn't look like too much has changed here for Carlton except for a lowering off the monogram, which is in line with their VFLW jumper (to fit the front numbers on) but looks stupid here.

638120.jpg

Melbourne looks pretty similar.

638127.jpg

A lowering of the hoops for Adelaide.

638130.jpg

New sponsor for Brisbane.

638132.jpg

The Bulldogs get the gold logo but also a significant lowering of the hoops... it does make me wonder if they're going to introduce front numbers in the AFLW?

638134.jpg

A brand new design here for the GWS Giants. It sucks, but it utilises orange much more than white. Which can only be a good thing.

638138.jpg

Freo looks pretty similar from what I can tell.

638123.jpg

View from the back - Demons no longer using the redback but following suit in the men's team, the Cats have weird positioning on their sponsor, Giants' guernsey will be extremely unbalanced with a charcoal back but an orange front.

638113.jpg

The only club missing from these draft pics is North Melbourne but going off early promo pics, they'll be using something similar to this (but obviously minus the COAR branding).

51765ee069b41d43de18befa02e6568b

What do we think, FJGD?

The crows and blues jumpers look like printing errors with the designs lower, not saying that it is, it just looks like that.

You don't reckon there's merit in the 'front numbers' idea though? If you look at all the designs, every single one could now fit front numbers under the sponsor.

The Carlton VFLW was terrible. It was made by CGR and had a tiny monogram that sat almost at the foot of the guernsey.

f7247cb506a901e517265ed5d3070694

Geelong's jumpers that were seen today look to be heat-pressed. I'd expect the jumpers we roll out in for Round 1 to look much more uniform. Some promo shoots show the logos in different spots, I'd say they were all put in the same spot on the jumper and not lined up with the hoops

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 4.33.47 pm.png

Also, Geelong are going to wear a sugar daddy jumper (almost a carbon copy of the 'Our Ambition' jumper from 2016) in our inaugural match next year. Branded as a 'Pioneer Jumper' and featuring the names of all VFLW players and Women's Football Pioneer members

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 4.35.13 pm.png

Expect a change to Melbourne jumper as I understand ISelect will be changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expect a change to Melbourne jumper as I understand ISelect will be changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It shits me we don't wear the straight yoke for our women's team like we do for our men's team
Given how many of the Lions' clash and 'heritage' jumpers have featured some sort of chevron yoke over the past few years, I've always suspected that the Lions are keen to roll it out for the men's team as well, just as for the women's. (That said, the debacle of the Paddle Pop Lion has probably killed any chance of the Lions changing their home again for many years to come.)

I hope Cotton On actually make proper long-sleeve jumpers, could be worth keeping an eye out for.

And just on the Bulldogs, I wanted to confirm if the gold W would be used above the numbers for the reigning premiers again. Unseen in photos because of pick #10 Eleanor Brown's hair, but I did glimpse it in a video (so slight and fleeting it's not even worth posting the evidence, just trust me it was there).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeeeez that chick at Geelong would look exactly like Wylie Buzza from the back. Farrout.

Pies with the yellow Optus is all wrong, too. Generally their sponsors blend in or it's the classic Emirates red box.

Also, want a great example of how wrong, diluted, and half-arsed the current Carlton jumper colour is? Compare the jumper and the coach's polo with his pants. His pants are navy blue. That's the colour they should be. Not this weird charcoaly, Yarra-ish, grey-y blue.

Also, Geelong are going to wear a sugar daddy jumper (almost a carbon copy of the 'Our Ambition' jumper from 2016) in our inaugural match next year. Branded as a 'Pioneer Jumper' and featuring the names of all VFLW players and Women's Football Pioneer members

View attachment 577584

North Melbourne is also doing one of these for people that donated to the recent ground improvements at Arden St

I see it, it's terrible. But new sponsor font for Mazda?
Well, it's a new font for the "Mazda 3" logo. Front of the jumper has the same old Mazda logo looking how you'd expect.

9800540-09-2.jpg

Apparently the AFL and Marvel are pressuring all 4 AFLW clubs scheduled for the Marvel Stadium doubleheader to wear one-off Superhero themed uniforms. The North design has been released and looks very tacky. Hopefully Collingwood refuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back