Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

When Danger moved to FF against the Hawks this year it didn't work because we had Ben Stratton who shut him down.

In 2017 the "injured" Danger had the edge over an ageing Hodge, a young Brand and I think also delisted Heatherley...possibly also Sicily. We didn't have a match up for him (no Frawley, no Stratton).

Dangerfield offers no threat to Stratton. Can't compare him to Ablett Snr or Buddy.

When Danger moved to FF against the Hawks this year it didn't work because we had Ben Stratton who shut him down.

In 2017 the "injured" Danger had the edge over an ageing Hodge, a young Brand and I think also delisted Heatherley...possibly also Sicily. We didn't have a match up for him (no Frawley, no Stratton).

Dangerfield offers no threat to Stratton. Can't compare him to Ablett Snr or Buddy.
Danger still played a great game but yeah no comparison

Buddy did what was best for buddy. Good luck to him. Time for us hawthorn supporters to let go. It was 5 years ago let’s move on

nothing-is-over-gif.gif

Doesn't to me. Every time I see old footage of Buddy in a Hawthorn guernsey I can't help but think he looks odd.
Yeah - he definitely looked different. Not a care in the world

upload_2018-11-16_14-50-9.jpeg

This is “normal Buddy” these days

upload_2018-11-16_14-51-40.png upload_2018-11-16_14-51-40.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-16_14-48-7.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-16_14-48-7.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2018-11-16_14-48-7.png
    upload_2018-11-16_14-48-7.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My references are a little more sophisticated Xtreme as opposed to Rambo and Tarantino movies but yes there is a certain revenge fansatsy thing that played out in 2014.

View attachment 585139

There's a Sharon Stone / Michael Douglas reference to be made here but I just can't place it!

Buddy did what was best for buddy. Good luck to him. Time for us hawthorn supporters to let go. It was 5 years ago let’s move on
I still love him, and hope he does well every week.

I have no doubt he’d regret missing out on the extra flags.

Don't reckon he will have as much as regrets as Ablett, left the club his father played at missed out on another premiership and possibly more if he stayed, to an expansion club that never looked close to making finals and under his leadership has been a complete rabble, and then crawls back to his old team with his tail between his legs just as their premiership window has closed nail and bolted shut
Gaz missed out on one flag.

ONE

Back