List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA (Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Rankine size , he is ready for AFL round 1.

There's a post in the draft rumours thread on DTFA that suggests that St Kilda are really into Rozee and it isn't a fishing trip to get the Suns to move up. If the Saints won't trade, Caldwell or Hately at 6? Club has been linked to Caldwell but Hately has the SA connection and leadership. There was that rumour a week or two back about the intention of Hately living in a big SA frat house on the Gold Coast next year...

There's a post in the draft rumours thread on DTFA that suggests that St Kilda are really into Rozee and it isn't a fishing trip to get the Suns to move up. If the Saints won't trade, Caldwell or Hately at 6? Club has been linked to Caldwell but Hately has the SA connection and leadership. There was that rumour a week or two back about the intention of Hately living in a big SA frat house on the Gold Coast next year...
rumour probably came about because there was an article released today noting which potential draftees supported which clubs, of those rozee was listed as supporting the saints.

At pick 29 don't mind the risk ..

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl-dr...ace-in-footys-rough-and-tumble-ng-b881023654z

Stack is nervous and trying to keep busy as he waits to see if he’ll get his chance.

He is close with his four sisters, but would love the chance to move interstate.

“Just a whole new start and just to get away from everything and live my life,” he said.
Pretty sure he is a NGA kid for a WA club

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you let Saints do what they want unless we are hellbent on Rozee in which case the best deal the Suns should be prepared to offer would be 6 and 29 for 4, and they could still get either Caldwell who they have been keen on or the local Dragons boys.

I think you let Saints do what they want unless we are hellbent on Rozee in which case the best deal the Suns should be prepared to offer would be 6 and 29 for 4, and they could still get either Caldwell who they have been keen on or the local Dragons boys.

I agree, Hately and McLennan or Valente would be a better deal than Rozee alone.

If I am Craig Cameron I would chat with GWS before draft night .
If Caldwell /Rozee not available at 6 would they do
Pick 6,29 fo 9 ,19
GWS get Brigg at 25/29 instead of pick 19 .
6- B King .
GCS get hately at pick 9 . Either Xavier H,D or McLennan at pick 19 .

Pick 6,29 fo 9 ,19
6- B King .
As much as I want Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee .. I like your proposal. Load up on south Australians

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 6,29 fo 9 ,19
6- B King .

You're assuming Adelaide won't take Hately. They might.

You're assuming Adelaide won't take Hately. They might.
You can't win it all if Adelaide take Hately GC take Tasmania chayce Jones ,Xavier Duursma ( Vic country ) or WA Jordan Clark at 9 , if Ben King available at pick 9 I would pick him up also .

Pick 9 Hately ,Jones , Clark , Duursma , RCD , Liam Stocker

Pick 19 , mc Lennan , Xavier H , Sam Stuart , Liam Stocker, Valente .

Last edited:
Sorry to intrude (GC is my second team living in Ballina).

Would GC consider Pick 3, 29 and 2019 3rd for Picks 8, 13, 2019 1st?
GC get Lukosius (2), Rozee (Pick 4 trade with Saints), Caldwell (Ben King at Pick 7), Pick 13 and a first rounder next year.
Adelaide get Rankine whilst still having a good set of picks this year (Valente, Williams, 29).

GC get Lukosius (2), Rozee (Pick 4 trade with Saints), Caldwell (Ben King at Pick 7), Pick 13 and a first rounder next year.
Adelaide get Rankine whilst still having a good set of picks this year (Valente, Williams, 29).

I mean it’s probably in the realms of what we would consider overs enough to think about. But I can’t see us budging on 2/3 unless we get considerable overs including a pick inside the 6 to guarantee Caldwell and Rozee if we were to give up Rankine.
And I can’t see Adelaide giving that up either.

I would do it , but don't think Craig Cameron and Dew would .

I can’t see us trading but if we did we’d be more interested in Ports 5 & 10 for our 3 & 24 or thereabouts.
Cameron said there were 10 outstanding kids in his opinion. That would get us 2, 5, 6, 10.

That would be a sweet result but I honestly think Rankine will slip to Port at 5 anyway.

It would be up to the Crows to pay massively overs to us to get Rankine if they want him that bad.
Not if we take him unless we are paid overs, plus Saints may have a side deal with Crows if he falls to 4.

I’ve really come around to the idea of Rankine at #3. Lukosius and Rozee/Caldwell at #2 and #6 fills needs but Rankine is too good a talent to pass on. Plus he brings people through the gate which we haven’t seen since Harley, and he wants to star on the biggest stage so will be driven to get results and get to the MCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back