Toast Andrew Russell

Remove this Banner Ad

:thumbsu:
Loved his interview regarding method. He said what I have long believed in that there are too many voices with advice. The kids need to learn who to listen to. Went through the same thing with my 14 year old this winter. He was confused. I don’t normally get involved but told him to listen to his gut instinct. He killed it back end of season by just going after the footy and not listening to 4 coaches all telling him different things.
Russell will be gold for us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawthorn were filthy on losing Rusty Absolutely filthy. He managed to help mend Jag O'Meara's dicey knee. Don't think we should sell this coup short. I will argue that he is the most significant person we have 'poached' to our club since Chris Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im hoping Bolton, Russell will make a prodigious partnership.
I hear ya...my faith is on the fact they worked together for some time at Hawthorn already. Already know each other well enough (with trust, respect etc) to want to work through this phase and see us through to our next era in success.

Big tick for this guy thus far no? Not going to lie was worried we'd gone for a Buttifant trap when all these injuries came into play however:

• McGovern moved well the other night and looks like he will genuinely be okay for round 1. He will never look fit with his rig though.
  • Cripps slimmed down
  • Setterfield on the park and was one of our best which is huge. Was under the impression we'd be lucky to see him play at all for the first 12 months at the club
  • The young guys including Walsh have already bulked up considerably during November without any body fat increase
  • Weitering is looking huge
  • Many other good things!
Overall he seems incredibly engaged and almost like a Senior Assistant to Bolts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back