Australian Cricket Broadcast Rights 2018 - 2023

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Ponting and Katich are decent commentators, both are pretty knowledgeable about the game and Slater might be OK away from the Ch9 environment.

Not sure about Hodge, he isn't an experienced test player but he was good value when he was mic'd up for the BBL, McGrath is a terrible commentator though.

They could do with a more senior commentator like Chappelli, even though he could waffle on about the good old days a bit too much he still brought some much needed experience and gravitas to the commentary box, he was a prickly old bugger too that could keep the younger blokes in check, he will be missed.

Yeah with 7 Ponting, Katich and Nannes are all pretty damn good and 3 of the better commentators in Australia.

Slater and Fleming can be good but recently they really haven't. McGrath is mostly pretty bad from what I've heard of him and Sthalekar isn't really good just yet.

As for Hodge and Gillespie, I think Gillespie should be reasonably insightful (although I have NFI how he'll handle commentary) but I expect Hodge to be a clown.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Katich, Nannes and Punter are all very good. If you pair just one of Fleming or Slater with one of the three above, in addition to Mitchell or Lane, it’s a good team.

Hodge will be crap I think, McGrath is as boring as batshit

Just hopeful they don’t put Brayshaw (love him on the footy, he’ll do well with the BBL but not sure about the tests), Flem and Slats in the box at once

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Katich, Nannes and Punter are all very good. If you pair just one of Fleming or Slater with one of the three above, in addition to Mitchell or Lane, it’s a good team.

Hodge will be crap I think, McGrath is as boring as batshit

Just hopeful they don’t put Brayshaw (love him on the footy, he’ll do well with the BBL but not sure about the tests), Flem and Slats in the box at once

Brayshaw, Alison Mitchell and Tim Lane will be doing ball by ball commentary on 7.

Oh god, that would be a disaster waiting to happen. Like the worst excesses of Channel 9 on steroids.

T20 not on FTA?
008.png

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
CA have shot themselves in the foot with the lack of FTA coverage, they could have put it all on Ten but they sold their souls to Ch7 and Foxtel for extra money.

Now we get these ridiculous ads with Ch7 promoting the tests saying their live and free for everyone, like that's a privilege, it used to be a f***ing right.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Buzz Rothfield has revealed in his gossip column in the daily telegraph that we're not going to hear from Isa Guha for a while. She'll be in England for the next few weeks to be with her mother who is unwell.

Back