Ever gotten a reply from a player?

Remove this Banner Ad

upthecoastaz

Rookie
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
My computer is currently updating some I figured this could be a good way to pass the time

Today Lycett posted on Instagram thanking Perth (he was on his way to Adelaide) and a mate of mine replied thanking HIM for what he’s done for the club (not expecting to get a reply) to which Scott replied saying along the lines of No, thank you (as in the west coast fans I guess)

This little event made me wonder if you guys have ever had a similar experience? I personally never have, but I have a few mates that have and although trivial, I love hearing what they had to say.

One of my mates (die hard west coast supporter) messaged Lecca asking about a boat he had posted and lecca replied to him about that. Safe to say he was in a good mood the whole day haha.

The same mate once posted the photo of Cuzzy Willie and Ryan, the caption saying how happy he was that Cousins was back working at West coast. To his absolute shock he came home from the shops to see he had been messaged by Rioli! The message read something along the lines of asking if he could please remove the photo because west coast want to keep the whole Ben cousins thing Lowkey. From the messages alone, you could tell willie was a really nice bloke. He still occasionally will message willie wishing him good luck for a game etc. not anticipation a reply but every now and again, he does get one.

That’s my stories, you guys got any?

My computer is currently updating some I figured this could be a good way to pass the time

Today Lycett posted on Instagram thanking Perth (he was on his way to Adelaide) and a mate of mine replied thanking HIM for what he’s done for the club (not expecting to get a reply) to which Scott replied saying along the lines of No, thank you (as in the west coast fans I guess)

This little event made me wonder if you guys have ever had a similar experience? I personally never have, but I have a few mates that have and although trivial, I love hearing what they had to say.

One of my mates (die hard west coast supporter) messaged Lecca asking about a boat he had posted and lecca replied to him about that. Safe to say he was in a good mood the whole day haha.

The same mate once posted the photo of Cuzzy Willie and Ryan, the caption saying how happy he was that Cousins was back working at West coast. To his absolute shock he came home from the shops to see he had been messaged by Rioli! The message read something along the lines of asking if he could please remove the photo because west coast want to keep the whole Ben cousins thing Lowkey. From the messages alone, you could tell willie was a really nice bloke. He still occasionally will message willie wishing him good luck for a game etc. not anticipation a reply but every now and again, he does get one.

That’s my stories, you guys got any?
We've served breaky to Hurn, Kennedy, Nic nat, Dalzell and of course Lecca many a time, they are chilled fine gentlemen.

I got off an 11 night cruise last week. Hayden Ballantyne was onboard. The first time we saw one another I had my WCE polo on. There was an unspoken weirdness between us every time we ran into each other after that.
That's not because of the polo. That's because you punched him In the face

I messaged Scotty when it was announced he was leaving. He had become a bit of a favourite of mine. Got a message back when he returned from his end of season trip.
AF11B07B-94AB-415D-9D55-F102E9DBEBA4.jpeg
Like avishka5 I also got a reply from him after the GF. I messaged the squad the “up the bloody coasters” GIF thinking it would work but it didn’t so I got embarrassed and deleted it :tearsofjoy: but Scotty still replied with a “yewww”. bloody great lad. We’ve lost a good one.

Got a few replies from different ones on twitter. Ah Chee replied when I welcomed him to the club.

Ran into Coxy at Tsuke-Ba in Leedy, he was grabbing some food before an away game. All I could come up with was “Coxxxxxxyyy” he replied with “How ya goin’?” Also had a convo with the Selwood boys at subway in Leedy too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in my school days we did a thing where you wrote to sports person or actor or musician with what was essentially fan mail. I wrote to Ben Cousins, and a couple of months later got an autographed photo from the club - way back in his number 35 days, which I remember because he included his number in his autograph.

Sadly I have no idea what happened to it over the last 25+ years.

I made deep eye contact with Troy Cook as he was pissing on my mates front tyre.
My soul moved, we almost had a moment.

Craig Turley also hit on my mum back in the day...He must like older Women.

Sadly nothing with the new crew but I've got to meet and spend time with plenty of the old crew. Embley/Fletcher/Cummings/Cox/Glass/Cousins/McIntosh/Glendinning (plus another trainer still involved)

But to answer the question, nothing on social media but I haven't really tried.
I will now though!

Opportunity missed
Don't know if Dazzler10 can fight? (note the purple hat too)
7Igp.gif

I was outside the team store a few weeks ago with my mother when Ross Glendenning came out of the office carrying a clip board. A gust of wind nearly blew some papers off it so my mother told him to be careful as he might lose them. They said a few other words to each other & he moved off.
My mother turns to me and says “that Grant Dorrington is a nice bloke” :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back