Prediction Bold 2019 Predictions. Role and Player changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I l'll go as little left field and say Zac Langdon will move substantially into a midfield role. He started covering a lot if ground around the field late this season, and attending a few clearances. That isn't surprising for a small forward but I have a feeling it will develop into something more.

Matt Buntine sadly will become a depth player, first or second drop for the backline. I'm a fan of his footy but I cant see him keeping Taylor out. Davis, Corr, Taylor and Haynes just leaves no open spot. I do think he'll be retained unless he decides to look for greener pastures.

I will admit I didn't watch a lot of Shipley and i thought with his size he would project as only an inside mid but does he have the skills and pace to play outside the contest?
He looks to have the size but I think he still needs to develop some strength to stick tackles and free his arms but if he has a big preseason he could push through to play 10-15 games and he would be around player 25-30 on the list IMO

I will admit I didn't watch a lot of Shipley and i thought with his size he would project as only an inside mid but does he have the skills and pace to play outside the contest?
He looks to have the size but I think he still needs to develop some strength to stick tackles and free his arms but if he has a big preseason he could push through to play 10-15 games and he would be around player 25-30 on the list IMO
Tackling would be one of his big strengths mate. His tackle number this year were huge! I think he certainly has the ability to play outside as his vilify to cover ground is fantastic. Not sure he gets into very good positions when playing outside hence him not getting a lot of ball in senior level occasionally. I would have the question mark over his decision making/ kicking if you want to push him outside

Tackling would be one of his big strengths mate. His tackle number this year were huge! I think he certainly has the ability to play outside as his vilify to cover ground is fantastic. Not sure he gets into very good positions when playing outside hence him not getting a lot of ball in senior level occasionally. I would have the question mark over his decision making/ kicking if you want to push him outside
I wonder how much of that is just an inexperienced player that needs to develop those skills. He did run very well in the time trials last year for a guy starting his first off-season.
Just not sure how much injury help his physical development back.
Taranto in his first year seemed to struggle with where to run as well. It was noticeable to me how much Shiel particularly was directing him where to run and position himself. He's moved on with experience.

I wonder how much of that is just an inexperienced player that needs to develop those skills. He did run very well in the time trials last year for a guy starting his first off-season.
Taranto in his first year seemed to struggle with where to run as well. It was noticeable to me how much Shiel particularly was directing him where to run and position himself. He's moved on with experience.
You could very well be right. I think the running game could be learned. Question marks over how much one can improve on their field kicking-it seems a lot of that is talent/composure etc

Tim didn't do any of the NEAFL "induction" that Nick did so was possibly more lost tbh
I think Nick is probably always going to be a depth player, but that may be unfair simply due to how little time he has spent playing the game compared to others

I l'll go as little left field and say Zac Langdon will move substantially into a midfield role. He started covering a lot if ground around the field late this season, and attending a few clearances. That isn't surprising for a small forward but I have a feeling it will develop into something more.

Matt Buntine sadly will become a depth player, first or second drop for the backline. I'm a fan of his footy but I cant see him keeping Taylor out. Davis, Corr, Taylor and Haynes just leaves no open spot. I do think he'll be retained unless he decides to look for greener pastures.
Langdon won’t play midfield. His field kicking is nowhere near good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope to see Flynn to get 4-6 games as the second ruck and get a clear sense of how he is developing. Also like to see Shaw do a bit of assistant coaching with the neafl side with a strong focus of taking Cumming under his wing.
If he doesnt get any games and we get Briggs, as everyone thinks, youd have to wonder if he is going to be passed over.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hey Giants fans. Thought you might like my ladder predictor which has you guys as Premiers in 2019 haha. Take a look and let me know what you think of my predictions.

My Ladder Predictions for 2019:
1. Melbourne- Have been building (for a very long time) and should take the next step this year after a impressive 2018 campaign.
2. GWS- After a couple of preliminary finals and semi final exits I think they will be the front runners for most of 2019.
3. Sydney- Talented side and with a good run of injuries, nothing less than a top four finish should be expected.
4. Richmond- What an impressive 2 years from the Tigers. No reason they won’t go close again.
5. Adelaide- I expect them to rebound from a poor 2018. Have the talent to push deep into September.
6. Collingwood- Sensational effort to make the grand final last year. How will they fare as the hunted?
7. West Coast- The reigning premier will be there abouts. Again, how will they fare as the hunter?
8. Western Bulldogs- I believe the Sons of the West will be the surprise packet in 2019.
9. Essendon- Probably have the talent to finish a lot higher. Happy to be proven wrong.
10. Carlton- Another big improver in 2019. The time is now Blue Baggers.
11. North Melbourne- Inconsistent. Could finish top 4 or bottom 4.
12. Hawthorn- Could forgive them for having an off year after an outstanding 10 or so years near the top.
13. Geelong- Professional team. Definitely could finish a lot higher but I think they need to improve in the ruck and forward line.
14. Fremantle- Young side going through a transitional stage.
15. Brisbane- Like Fremantle, young side that still needs a couple of years to build.
16. St Kilda- I really want to see the Saints do well. Probably my second favourite team after the Swans. But I just can’t see it with their current team.
17. Gold Coast- A fresh start. Will snag a few wins and hopefully play an attractive brand of footy for their fans.
18. Port Adelaide- Sorry Power fans. Something just seems off at Alberton Oval. Wooden Spooners.

PREMIERS 2019- GWS

Hey Giants fans. Thought you might like my ladder predictor which has you guys as Premiers in 2019 haha. Take a look and let me know what you think of my predictions.

1. Melbourne- Have been building (for a very long time) and should take the next step this year after a impressive 2018 campaign.
2. GWS- After a couple of preliminary finals and semi final exits I think they will be the front runners for most of 2019.
3. Sydney- Talented side and with a good run of injuries, nothing less than a top four finish should be expected.

PREMIERS 2019- GWS
We'll take it! :D

4. Richmond- What an impressive 2 years from the Tigers. No reason they won’t go close again.
5. Adelaide- I expect them to rebound from a poor 2018. Have the talent to push deep into September.
6. Collingwood- Sensational effort to make the grand final last year. How will they fare as the hunted?
7. West Coast- The reigning premier will be there abouts. Again, how will they fare as the hunter?
8. Western Bulldogs- I believe the Sons of the West will be the surprise packet in 2019.
9. Essendon- Probably have the talent to finish a lot higher. Happy to be proven wrong.
10. Carlton- Another big improver in 2019. The time is now Blue Baggers.
11. North Melbourne- Inconsistent. Could finish top 4 or bottom 4.
12. Hawthorn- Could forgive them for having an off year after an outstanding 10 or so years near the top.
13. Geelong- Professional team. Definitely could finish a lot higher but I think they need to improve in the ruck and forward line.
14. Fremantle- Young side going through a transitional stage.
15. Brisbane- Like Fremantle, young side that still needs a couple of years to build.
16. St Kilda- I really want to see the Saints do well. Probably my second favourite team after the Swans. But I just can’t see it with their current team.
17. Gold Coast- A fresh start. Will snag a few wins and hopefully play an attractive brand of footy for their fans.
18. Port Adelaide- Sorry Power fans. Something just seems off at Alberton Oval. Wooden Spooners.

PREMIERS 2019- GWS
Certainly a few bold predictions there. Carlton ahead of Hawthorn!

Any thoughts on potential role changes for Giants players?

Or perhaps the Swans for that matter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back