news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a clueless ******* is Waleed.

If you're going to be a campaigner, at least do some ******* research.

That show has been a blight on Australian TV since the day it first aired. Shocked that a media/Aus rep didn't get Dana to promote the Adelaide/Melb events on another Ten show.

Tbf I'm not a fan of Aly but I don't think anything he said was that bad. In fact he was just pushing White to stop bullshitting

Yes, to say the dolley incident was staged by the UFC is a stretch, but the UFC and Dana White would have ******* loved it. Free/extra promotion for the fight and the fact that the UFC used the footage as the main story in the build up to the fight agrees with this.

Just finished watching the cowboy fight
he is the real deal and is there a more palpable redneck

no but Walleed didnt do any research the few times I have seen him when someone I want to see is on just clueless. Its like didnt you not even read the wikipedia page before bud your a tosser. anyway anyone watch Chuck v Tito this weekend
I respect him but he is one of those progressives that don't look into UFC because of the violence

I respect him but he is one of those progressives that don't look into UFC because of the violence
good for you 100% flog dont care if you dont like the violence at least research your subject, remember him interviewing Dickenson from Iron maiden and im cringing thinking did you even read anything before he came on.

good for you 100% flog dont care if you dont like the violence at least research your subject, remember him interviewing Dickenson from Iron maiden and im cringing thinking did you even read anything before he came on.
Maybe i worded my post wrong ?...but you can shuvit up ya pooper shooter for going on the attack like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be on my own here, I don't love Dana but I also think he is generally pretty honest (in fact I think its one of his biggest downfalls). Now sure, everyone knows the bus attack helped the promotion of that fight but I think his overarching feeling of disappointment was genuine. He has been a massive fan and advocate for the sport being more mainstream his whole career, that s**t in NYC was a massive setback. It was probably exactly the same as most fans (gee I cant wait for that fight now, those guys legit hate each other but man, this makes it harder to defend the sport)

He says a lot of stuff often (about fights to make and what should happen for fighters) off the cuff before hes considered it with his board and advisors so it turns out to be completely wrong but I don't think he has out and out lied too often.

Aly's questions were fine, but he probably should have stopped or changed tack when he got the first answer cause it wasn't going to change and he looked like an idiot after that point.

Might be on my own here, I don't love Dana but I also think he is generally pretty honest (in fact I think its one of his biggest downfalls). Now sure, everyone knows the bus attack helped the promotion of that fight but I think his overarching feeling of disappointment was genuine. He has been a massive fan and advocate for the sport being more mainstream his whole career, that s**t in NYC was a massive setback. It was probably exactly the same as most fans (gee I cant wait for that fight now, those guys legit hate each other but man, this makes it harder to defend the sport)

He says a lot of stuff often (about fights to make and what should happen for fighters) off the cuff before hes considered it with his board and advisors so it turns out to be completely wrong but I don't think he has out and out lied too often.

Aly's questions were fine, but he probably should have stopped or changed tack when he got the first answer cause it wasn't going to change and he looked like an idiot after that point.

I just wonder though who advised him to go on the show, it's always gone for cheap sensationalism, egging on/getting a rise out of issues/guests they don't share views with.

I just wonder though who advised him to go on the show, it's always gone for cheap sensationalism, egging on/getting a rise out of issues/guests they don't share views with.

Fair point, I suppose they figured it’s the easiest option with broad appeal. Probably hoping it was a night Aly was off and someone else was in his chair (the blonde guy that fills in for him on occasion is usually better with that stuff)

Remember the old chestnut about cage fighting in Melbourne? Today’s Herald Sun confirms that if the Libs win the state election they will NOT ban the sport. Leading into the last election the Libs policy was that they did not support fights inside an octagon as “legalised cage fights risks glamorising violence.”

Paywalled: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/v...n/news-story/dcae3e6a48f5945af6c3dca9e1b7b523

Remove this Banner Ad

Back