Australian Cricket Broadcast Rights 2018 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Buzz Rothfield has revealed in his gossip column in the daily telegraph that we're not going to hear from Isa Guha for a while. She'll be in England for the next few weeks to be with her mother who is unwell.
Totally understandable but it's a damn shame all the same. One of the few that ticks many boxes nowadays and is generally well received.

I’ve got Foxtel (well, access to it), but it’s ******* ridiculous that it’s not on FTA.

Now is the time to build excitement for the summer, and they’re wasting it.
The team isn’t doing much to build excitement atm.

Cant be effed with Cricket. Massive fail. As if anyone is buying foxtel to watch.

Kayo sports is likely to be the big winner - people won't pay ~$69 a month for cricket on Foxtel, but they might pay $25 a month to stream it through Kayo.

I’ve got Foxtel (well, access to it), but it’s ******* ridiculous that it’s not on FTA.

Now is the time to build excitement for the summer, and they’re wasting it.
Agree. The unusual scheduling this summer probably didn't help either.
In a normal summer, the Tests are earlier and then there will be BBL most nights (except nights when ODIs are on). This summer we got some womens games on FTA, then a big gap, and nothing until Tests start in December. Momentum killer.

Once the WBBL moves it will presumably be WBBL in October (didn't happen this year because of the World T20), womens T20Is and ODIs, mens Tests, BBL running until ,after he ODIs are over.

Any idea if you can buy the $30 CA live pass through the app to stream the games on Foxtel? Probably the only way I'd bother paying for it. Not sure if they're doing that this year or not.
Pretty sure under the new deal foxtel have the digital rights, so i would have thought any streaming on CA would be linked to foxtel and need their subscription.

Women’s cricket will never be anything more than a little sideshow; if they’re banking on it; they’re ******.

All limited overs cricket is exclusive to Foxtel?

That’s disgraceful - I can’t believe those muppets signed up on a deal that allows that; it will damage the game.
Its not going to draw the numbers the mens games do, but CA wanted the exposure for the womens game and FTA still gives that better than any other medium. It is ridiculous that they have decided to hide so much of their product from so much of the population though. And its not even like footy where there is still a solid supply on FTA even with over half the games being pay exclusive.

Pretty sure under the new deal foxtel have the digital rights, so i would have thought any streaming on CA would be linked to foxtel and need their subscription.
Yep. Once Foxtel's new sports only service is out of beta, CA will only be streaming Shield and domestic ListA. All internationals will be through Foxtel or their new service (with Tests also on 7, broadcast only). The only reason the white ball stuff has been available through CA so far is that new service is not fully operational.

Yep. Once Foxtel's new sports only service is out of beta, CA will only be streaming Shield and domestic ListA. All internationals will be through Foxtel or their new service (with Tests also on 7, broadcast only). The only reason the white ball stuff has been available through CA so far is that new service is not fully operational.

It is now in effect.

4C573B8F-4430-4726-9EF9-6A9C7741E05A.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got Kayo going through my chrome cast now it’s bloody great. No buffering to speak of and great quality

My son and I would normally watch the cricket but we don't have Fox so we are watching the Socceroos instead. Massive fail by Cricket Australia.
After the troubles in South Africa it would have been in CAs favour to bring the upcoming summer to as much of the population as possible rather than the 3 million(?) Foxtel subscribers.
From where I see it, denying it from the non-Foxtel subscribers can only see people turn away.
Personally I'm not a die hard cricket fan, but always took an interest over the summer while it was on FTA, this summer I barely know when games are on or who we are playing and I don't really care.

So what I could live stream for free through the CA website literally only a few days ago, which was the last Aus Vs SA T20 International, I now have to pay a monthly subscription for. This is bullshit.
it was only streamed for free because Kayo wasn’t ready

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/11/seven-cricket-2018-19-guide.html

Tuffnell, Atapattu and Aakash Chopra the international commentators on 7. Can't say I've heard Atapattu or Chopra. Hopefully they're good choices.
I've never heard Atapattu either. Given the usual standard of Sri Lankan commentators though I can't say I'm optimistic there.

Chopra's at least a good writer which leaves me at least somewhat confident. I think him and Bhogle are probably the most level-headed of the potential Indian commentators (alongside Dravid) which is a bonus.

Seems like apart from McGrath they've generally tried to hire guys on their commentary skills rather than how good they were as a cricketer, which is a bonus.

I'm still disgusted by the fact that CA have put all these international ODIs and T20s behind a paywall.

Basically a whole month where cricket isn't on FTA.

Sure you can watch them on Kayo or Foxtel or whatever but how many kids are going to be able to do that unless their parents will do that for them.

A generations of kids will be lost to the game.

So short sighted, all for a few extra dollars.

I'm still disgusted by the fact that CA have put all these international ODIs and T20s behind a paywall.

Basically a whole month where cricket isn't on FTA.

Sure you can watch them on Kayo or Foxtel or whatever but how many kids are going to be able to do that unless their parents will do that for them.

A generations of kids will be lost to the game.

So short sighted, all for a few extra dollars.

My cricket loving kids should not have to pay to watch their national team on TV in their home country. It's a ******* disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back