2018 US Midterm Elections - DEMOCRATS WIN HOUSE, REPUBLICANS RETAIN SENATE

What voter fraud? Do you have a link?

Well they let Hispanic people vote, and given they are rapists or gang members shouldn't they be prohibited?

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
In your whataboutism quest you are very desperate to find hypocrisy - sad!

Hint: when discussing cultures, it is ok to bring up cultures. When discussing race, it is ok to bring up race. When discussing election results?? Let's discuss policy, not who's favorite pet minority won. That is just insulting, no?
This does nothing to explain your selective opposition/acceptance when encountering different kinds of identity politics.

Identity politics based on gender/sexuality are to be dismissed. But hey, if some southerners want to wave confederate flags, that's awesome.

Some forms of identity politics are bad. Some are OK. Why is that? How do you choose which ones are OK or not?

Dunno. The point was that it is asserted that identity groups should vote according to their identity. Whether they are women, Hispanic, etc.

Not surprising, given Vox is basically a mouthpiece for the Democratic Party, who have enslaved themselves to McGovern+Dutton strategy of identity based coalitions.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lol.

The whole “we need more diversity in politicians to get better representation” is nonsense. Obama was the first true minority president, and aside from making white progressives feel good, he was a net negative for everyone else, especially minorities.

https://jacobinmag.com/2017/12/obama-foreclosure-crisis-wealth-inequality

More corporate concentration, fewer prosecutions of corporate criminals, and falling life expectancy all happened under Obama. His failure is what resulted in Trump.
Bush was that bad that he gave us Obama

What voter fraud? Do you have a link?
I'll try to find a source you'll accept! But there are reports of voter numbers exceeding the eligible voter pool in some regions, voters over the age of 110, late swings changing results. Of course people on both sides would be prepared to use dirty tricks.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
https://mises.org/wire/what-midterms-mean

Excellent article here on what the Mid-terms are actually all about.....Rather than real policies which both corporate owned & run sides agree upon.

"The Most Important Election of our Lifetime™ may be a referendum on Trump, Kavanaugh, #metoo, migrant caravans, or any number of manufactured outrages since the 2016 presidential election. It will not be a referendum on foreign policy, the Federal Reserve, debt, spending entitlements, spying, civil liberties, or anything important with regard to state power."

I'll try to find a source you'll accept! But there are reports of voter numbers exceeding the eligible voter pool in some regions, voters over the age of 110, late swings changing results. Of course people on both sides would be prepared to use dirty tricks.
Anything from MSM will do.

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd

Let me guess........infowars?

Voter fraud is basically non-existent. But the right wingers still bullshit and make up facts to justify voter suppression tactics.

Remember Trump's Voter Fraud Commission? It found nothing and was quietly shelved in embarrassment.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
This does nothing to explain your selective opposition/acceptance when encountering different kinds of identity politics.

Identity politics based on gender/sexuality are to be dismissed. But hey, if some southerners want to wave confederate flags, that's awesome.

Some forms of identity politics are bad. Some are OK. Why is that? How do you choose which ones are OK or not?
Still no answer to this, FireKraquora?

You deride some identity politics but are OK with it when it occurs on the right. Why is that?

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still no answer to this, FireKraquora?

You deride some identity politics but are OK with it when it occurs on the right. Why is that?
Being proud of one's culture is perfectly fine. Saying something like "I enjoy the blues music from the African American community" is not identity politics. Saying "I'm glad that candidate X won because he's black" IS. It is robbing the candidate of all his agency, labeling him by nothing more than his racial identity. That's what was happening ITT.

Some creative and charming southern-folk waving a flag is perfectly acceptable, m8.

Being proud of one's culture is perfectly fine. Saying something like "I enjoy the blues music from the African American community" is not identity politics. Saying "I'm glad that candidate X won because he's black" IS. It is robbing the candidate of all his agency, labeling him by nothing more than his racial identity. That's what was happening ITT.

Some creative and charming southern-folk waving a flag is perfectly acceptable, m8.

Fascinating that that is how you view things, you either ignore race completely or race is completely everything.

Jun 18, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't see why all of this diversity stuff is so confusing to the RWNJ. Those DNC elects were elected on merit. What's being celebrated here is the fact that merit is no longer confounded with ethnicity and gender in the DNC (well less so than before). In the GOP, however, merit is perfectly associated with being white. The thing is merit is caused by a combination of things including natural ability, hard work, and opportunity. The first is largely the product of genes and environment. The second is largely of the person's decision making. The third has historically been associated with demographic. Evidently, still so in the GOP but less so in the DNC. None of this has anything to do with identy politics.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast

Identity politics is when you embrace a set of beliefs or ideology because of some group status. Why doesn't that extend to people waving the confederate flag? It's southern identity politics and it's inflected with a certain kind of nationalism. Just as there is LGBTQI identity politics, racial identity politics and gendered identity politics, there is a group status at play and it affects people's beliefs.

You're happy to point it out when it's people on the left doing it on the grounds of race, gender and sexual orientation etc. But you look the other way when it occurs on the right. Apparently some identity politics are problematic, while some aren't.

In your post above, you're desperately trying to find a distinction to explain away your hypocrisy. It's like it's only identity politics when it's on the left. But if it's on the right, it's something else. And you can only conceive of it or identify it when it's happening on the other side. It's classic "ideological possession". Basically, you're an NPC.

I'd of thought policy to be the fundamental motivating factor in getting behind one candidate as opposed to another.....But I'm just crazy like that.
Policy that has no chance of getting through?

I would rather vote for someone that you believe represents one's beliefs and will continue to do so.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Policy that has no chance of getting through?

I would rather vote for someone that you believe represents one's beliefs and will continue to do so.

Like Bernie Bros yeah?

He's had wins against Bezos Amazon & is now taking on Walmart over their below poverty-line wage rates.

At least someone in the U.S is doing something to fight against the Multi-Nats exploitation of U.S workers.

God knows that Hilary aint.

Back