The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

Just shows the club did the right thing in ******* him off as far as I'm concerned. Same with Trengove and Impey.
Yup!!!

Particularly as the pic is taken in China, which other club could offer them that?

* Trengoe as well!

Yup!!!

Particularly as the pic is taken in China, which other club could offer them that?

**** Trengoe as well!

And impey.. spends his entire time with us either turning the ball over or doing burnouts on the piss, then goes to hawthorn and plays ok... campaigner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's a knob thing to do by Chad and I don't see him as a victim at all.

That said, not sure why the majority of Port supporters would continue to follow him on social media. I'd rather just not see or hear anything to do with him for now.
I think the club mismanaged Chad out, but still following him would be like Facebook stalking an ex. It’s just going to hurt. Enjoy the memories of good times and pretend Chad doesn’t exist anymore (except when we play Hawks).

Not sure how to feel about Chad editing out all the Port Adelaide in this pic

View attachment 580779
It was an Instagram sticker which takes about two seconds to add, most highly there to point out the fact where they are now.
Look what I created in ten secs Photo editing_Cloud20181104.jpg

Yes, Moore was only expected to go top 20 and was not rated for a while before the draft. Rozee has been a top prospect for some time. He still could go top 5 although some have him at 7/8.
I still believe (like Butcher) we let Moore down by not getting them to their potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still believe (like Butcher) we let Moore down by not getting them to their potential.
There would have been duds as there are in every draft but as well as our gameplan I believe the sub rule was responsible for some players having below par careers. There is a huge difference between being an on-off interchange who plays 60%-70% game time and a sub who comes on once for often less than 25% game time and rarely more than 40%.

Butcher yes, Moore to a lesser degree. Competent coaches (and a fitness department Dr. Nick Riviera would have improved) and I'm sure Butch would have been a solid (good not great) 200 game player. Moore was a reach, but he still didn't develop at Port.

Still any who played for us across 2007 - 2013/2014, but not later I cut a lot of slack for. Poor coaches, poor fitness staff, sub-standard facilities for most of their careers, it's no wonder they didn't become the stars we wanted them to. Unlike the current mob who have had everything a player could want (outside a good head coach) yet still are mentally fragile. Even with a s**t coach we shouldn't be seeing so much giving up and should see more individual brilliance (even within the gameplan of blah).

"Being contracted, of course I had a choice, but once you get put up on the trade block, you don't really feel comfortable going back unless you're 100 per cent wanted," Burton said.

Sorry to bring up old wounds, but those laying the blame for Chad's exit solely at his feet while absolving the club because 'he was contracted so he agreed to go', please read the above.

If you MUST bring up Chad again, surely you realise that the club wouldn’t have considered allowing him to leave this year if he was following club standards and fulfilling his potential? Clubs don’t throw away good players without good reason. He may become a star at the Hawks mainly because he has had a shake up and it is a fresh environment and he may want to prove a point. . He was getting stale at Port unfortunately. Time to move on.

He finished 6th in our B&F despite playing out of position for half the year, and was our best mid in the second half of the year when played in position. Give me Chad Wingard 'not fulfilling his potential' over Sam Gray or Jake Neade giving 100% and fulfilling their potential every day of the week.

He finished 6th in our B&F despite playing out of position for half the year, and was our best mid in the second half of the year when played in position. Give me Chad Wingard 'not fulfilling his potential' over Sam Gray or Jake Neade giving 100% and fulfilling their potential every day of the week.
I agree with you but in saying that, pining over your ex for too long is never a good thing

Not every player on a list is a star. In fact few are.
Chad has potential to be one of the best in the game but he didn’t put in the work to achieve it at Port for whatever reason. You know the saying You can lead a horse to water....This constant Chad as sacrificial lamb talk is tiresome.

Not every player on a list is a star. In fact few are.
Chad has potential to be one of the best in the game but he didn’t put in the work to achieve it at Port for whatever reason. You know the saying You can lead a horse to water....This constant Chad as sacrificial lamb talk is tiresome.

Does it really matter whether he was 'reaching his potential'? He was still one of our top few players even only playing at his current level. Why trade an A grade player just because he could be an A+? An A grader is still an A grader, whether it's a bloke with the talent of Chad Wingard or Brett Kirk. If anything, that untapped potential is all the more reason not to trade him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back