Unsolved Toyah Cordingley * Delhi Police arrest Rajwinder Singh

Remove this Banner Ad

The only recent articles out there about this case over the last few days seem to be locked down by paywalled publications which is annoying for those of us who are following this case with interest.

Here's one of those articles...

<!DOCTYPE html><html amp lang="en" itemscope itemtype ...
https://amp.dailytelegraph.com.au › news

26 Oct. 2018 · html --><p>Ms Cordingley&#x2019;s boyfriend Marco Heidenrich has been ruled out as a suspect as homicide investigators look at the ..

If anyone has a subscription to the Cairns post Queensland times or Daily Times and is happy to share relevant parts of this article and others would be much appreciated.

TIA

There's also a GoFund me campaign on behalf of Toyah's BF Marco Heidenreich.

"It’s now time to support Marco in this terrible time of grief following the recent murder of his beautiful girlfriend Toyah Cordingley"

"Marco and Toyah shared a home, with many memories, pets, financial ties, etc. "

"Funds raised will go towards the following:

- The care of Marco and Toyahs dogs and cats
- The ongoing cost of rent of the home they shared
- Bills both Marco and Toyah shared
- General everyday expenses whilst he is unable to work."

https://www.gofundme.com/help-support-marco-heidenreich

26 Oct. 2018 · html --><p>Ms Cordingley&#x2019;s boyfriend Marco Heidenrich has been ruled out as a suspect as homicide investigators look at the ..

Good to know. I felt a bit sorry for him at the funeral he seemed to be on the outer, must be very very hard for all. They're all bad but this crime, in the middle of the day is right off.

Community members turned out at Wangetti Beach to keep memory of murdered woman Toyah Cordingley alive, holding an indigenous smoking ceremony, linking arms and throwing flowers into the sea.

It's nice to see everybody come together, her murder isn't being politicised. Can see in the background how thick the scrub is, the sandy part of the beach really isn't very wide. I know locals probably feel safe there but looking at it on the map and the terrain not sure I'd feel very safe walking there on my own.

WB.png

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/...ingley/video/db383307f3406f58aa3f4dbf12c050f9

Some information on the family the police are looking for. They were in a sedan with two kids so likely not campers or heading out for an extended wilderness experience. And there was probably at least two mobile phones in that car, the police can find and map them. They should know how many were operating in that strip, who rang who, whose phones went off and when and where signal was picked up again.
(I think)

Maybe they've found them already and not saying.

"We continue to search for a man and woman with two young girls who were seen picnicking at Wangetti Beach prior to 1.20pm on Sunday. “Initial information suggests they interacted with a couple and their dachshund (sausage dog) in the southern car park, and that the dog attempted to hop into the family’s sedan. We’re hoping this piece of information may prompt their memory.”

Source: https://www.star1027.com.au/news/lo...timeline-of-toyahs-movements-the-day-she-died
Local News
emoji767.png
Star 102.7 Cairns

Some information on the family the police are looking for. They were in a sedan with two kids so likely not campers or heading out for an extended wilderness experience. And there was probably at least two mobile phones in that car, the police can find and map them. They should know how many were operating in that strip, who rang who, whose phones went off and when and where signal was picked up again.
(I think)

Maybe they've found them already and not saying.

"We continue to search for a man and woman with two young girls who were seen picnicking at Wangetti Beach prior to 1.20pm on Sunday. “Initial information suggests they interacted with a couple and their dachshund (sausage dog) in the southern car park, and that the dog attempted to hop into the family’s sedan. We’re hoping this piece of information may prompt their memory.”

Source: https://www.star1027.com.au/news/lo...timeline-of-toyahs-movements-the-day-she-died
Local News
emoji767.png
Star 102.7 Cairns

"Police are still appealing for information, particularly dashcam footage from motorists travelling past the beach on the day Ms Cordingley was killed."

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018...man-chain-tribute-wangetti-beach-qld/10486108

Interesting, no mention of the family police are/were so desperate to speak with, so maybe they have located them?.

There was a lot of emphasis and media coverage pushing down hard to locate this family.
Toyah's sister even taking to social media in an emotional plea for them to come forward.

So I'd imagine, with all the attention and public interest on locating this mystery family has had, if they've come forward it'd be pretty big news and something we would surely hear about?
Or are police being tight lipped about it?
Have they come forward and were able to provide vital pieces of information as police had hoped?
Information that can't, at this stage be released?

So I'd imagine, with all the attention and public interest on locating this mystery family has had, if they've come forward it'd be pretty big news and something we would surely hear about?
Or are police being tight lipped about it?

I'd hope the police would say so because it seems so important. A quick line to a journalist to say they'd been found ... as it is I might be a bit over suspicious but can't help getting a Daniel Holdem vibe.

Edit: 'Holdom'. Misspell may have been a freudian slip.

Last edited:
I've put together a time line of Toyah's movements on the day with information taken from the attached articles.
If anyone else has something to add to time line or sees any discrepancies please feel free to add or inform of any errors.

Time line

• Toyah was at Rusty’s Markets, Cairns between 12md and 1pm and left in a blue Mitsubishi Lancer.

• She returned home briefly and then travelled toward the Northern Beaches at around 1.30pm.

• Her car was sighted travelling through Clifton Beach just before 2pm and again at the southern carpark, Wangetti Beach. Toyah was reported missing around 10.50pm on Sunday and a ground search commenced by police. Sadly, Toyah’s body was located around 7.45am the following morning at Wangetti Beach.

Source: https://www.4ca.com.au/news/local-n...timeline-of-toyahs-movements-the-day-she-died
Local News
4CA - Cairns

Rusty markets cairns (Grafton St, Cairns City QLD) to The suburb Woree in Cairns (where it is believed Toyah resided)
Distance: 5.9km
Travel time by car: Approx 10 mins Via Bruce Hwy/A1
Which would've given Toyah 20 mins to possibly get changed, pick up doggo, put away any shopping from Rusty markets and grab a few things for the beach before leaving at approx 1:30pm

Her car was sighted travelling through Clifton beach just before 2pm.
Distance from Woree to Clifton beach is approx 27.2km
Travel time by car: approx 30mins via State Route 91 and Captain Cook Hwy/State Route 44

Distance from Clifton beach to Wangetti beach: Approx 19.7km
Travel time by car: approx 17mins
via Captain Cook Hwy/State Route 44

1. Toyah was at Rusty Markets between 12 and 1pm.
2. Toyah arrives home in Woree around 1:10pm
3. Spends approx 15-20 mins at home.
4. Leaves for beach around 1:30pm
5. Her car Is sighted travelling through Clifton beach just before 2pm
6. Arrives at Wangetti beach approx 2:17- 2:20pm (if calculations are correct and there was no issues on the road to slow the travel time down)
7. Approx 8 and a half hours later at 10:50pm Toyah is reported missing.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...d-a-queensland-community-20181101-p50dh2.html

https://www.tropicnow.com.au/2018/o...-as-the-hunt-for-toyahs-killer-continues.html

I'd hope the police would say so because it seems so important. A quick line to a journalist to say they'd been found ... as it is I might be a bit over suspicious but can't help getting a Daniel Holdem vibe.

Agree it is important, can't see any issue releasing that info unless it would somehow affect the investigation.

For me personally until I know they've been located and accounted for they will remain suss imo. It's at the stage now where I just can't see any logical reason why they've not come forward. They'd have to know by now.... Surely??

I don't know much about the Karlie and Khandalyce murders but I can see why you would get a Daniel Holdum Vibe.....

Last edited:
I don't know much about the Karlie and Khandalyce murders but I can see why you would get a Daniel Holdum Vibe.....

A killer was on that beach when they were there, they really need to be found perhaps as much to check the woman and kids are okay imo.

I've put together a time line of Toyah's movements on the day with information taken from the attached articles.
If anyone else has something to add to time line or sees any discrepancies please feel free to add or inform of any errors.

Time line

• Toyah was at Rusty’s Markets, Cairns between 12md and 1pm and left in a blue Mitsubishi Lancer.

• She returned home briefly and then travelled toward the Northern Beaches at around 1.30pm.

• Her car was sighted travelling through Clifton Beach just before 2pm and again at the southern carpark, Wangetti Beach. Toyah was reported missing around 10.50pm on Sunday and a ground search commenced by police. Sadly, Toyah’s body was located around 7.45am the following morning at Wangetti Beach.

Source: https://www.4ca.com.au/news/local-n...timeline-of-toyahs-movements-the-day-she-died
Local News
4CA - Cairns

Rusty markets cairns (Grafton St, Cairns City QLD) to The suburb Woree in Cairns (where it is believed Toyah resided)
Distance: 5.9km
Travel time by car: Approx 10 mins Via Bruce Hwy/A1
Which would've given Toyah 20 mins to possibly get changed, pick up doggo, put away any shopping from Rusty markets and grab a few things for the beach before leaving at approx 1:30pm

Her car was sighted travelling through Clifton beach just before 2pm.
Distance from Woree to Clifton beach is approx 27.2km
Travel time by car: approx 30mins via State Route 91 and Captain Cook Hwy/State Route 44

Distance from Clifton beach to Wangetti beach: Approx 19.7km
Travel time by car: approx 17mins
via Captain Cook Hwy/State Route 44

1. Toyah was at Rusty Markets between 12 and 1pm.
2. Toyah arrives home in Woree around 1:10pm
3. Spends approx 15-20 mins at home.
4. Leaves for beach around 1:30pm
5. Her car Is sighted travelling through Clifton beach just before 2pm
6. Arrives at Wangetti beach approx 2:17- 2:20pm (if calculations are correct and there was no issues on the road to slow the travel time down)
7. Approx 8 and a half hours later at 10:50pm Toyah is reported missing.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...d-a-queensland-community-20181101-p50dh2.html

https://www.tropicnow.com.au/2018/o...-as-the-hunt-for-toyahs-killer-continues.html

This is a great timeline. I've seen so much misinformation around on other sites it's really frustrating, people might see that and decide their own information isn't relevant based on what they've just seen others putting forward.

This is a great timeline. I've seen so much misinformation around on other sites it's really frustrating, people might see that and decide their own information isn't relevant based on what they've just seen others putting forward.

Thanks Shelly.
Not sure if what I've used to pull this together is 100% correct but figured it was a good place to start.

.... and yes, I've also noticed misinformation being used elsewhere.
It's a bit of a guessing game with these things but agree it's frustrating to see inaccuracies being pushed as facts when it doesn't take much effort to get confirmation.

Last edited:
7News Cairns 5th November
11 second mark..

Hannah Freeman.
"I think all women can say that we've had our own scary encounters and it just makes you think that it could've been any one of us...

Reporter: "Toyah wasn't the first beach goer to face danger at Wangetti

Hannah freeman: "we've felt some creepy vibes on this beach before and had encounters and things"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not good.

9,000 'awareness' bumper stickers are going to print aimed at pulling information. Another paywalled article, if sincere they would lower the walls for recent unsolved crime.

https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites...377fc7f9d61b2e458786500be9d&memtype=anonymous

This article has some info focused around the communities determination to find the person/s responsible for Toyah's murder using bumper stickers as a way to keep her name in the public eye and encourage people to come forward.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/au....rmined-plan-find-womans-killer-045817836.html

Not good.

Not good at all.
I'm not sure I would feel safe going there by myself especially if other women had, had creepy encounters there on occasions.
Generally speaking when this type of behaviour is present in a small community and surrounds it's something that doesn't typically go unsaid and circulated around pretty quickly.
So I'd be surprised if Toyah was unaware of the potential dangers of walking alone there and raises a few questions.
Did she feel that her big dog would discourage someone with bad intentions to approach her?
Was she going there to catch up with a friend or friends?
Or had she never experienced anything creepy there before so didn't sense any danger by walking alone with her dog.

Last edited:
b6409d956a0e420bfc38ec45c0aed4e2.jpg
282fc11a1e68f09d9fa37c707a5d1546.jpg

Note; area being searched is close to the suburb Woree where it's believed Toyah was residing.

Last edited:
I think it's here, residential housing and commercial on the other side.

View attachment 585831

Sorry shelly didn't see your post before I posted Map but yeah that's where I had one side of Marshall street pinned on map... Which is next to the cairns regional wasteplant pump station.

The area they are searching is interesting as you've pointed out being partially residential and commercial/industrial.

Might just be feeling hopeful but sense they may have a lead... So fingers are crossed with you too.

Police at a presser, identified areas of interest being Lake Placid (did this inspire the movie?) and Caravonica areas. Toyah's mum has also made a statement.

"As a result of ongoing investigations by detectives, we identified a number of areas of interest in the Lake Placid and Caravonica area, which led to a series of searches by the state emergency service, State Emergency Service members and the Queensland police divers and they occurred over the weekend," Inspector Smith told a press conference today.

"We found a number of items and they will form part of our investigation."

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/11/19...h-appeal-in-hunt-for-toyah-cordingleys-killer

7News Cairns 5th November
11 second mark..

Hannah Freeman.
"I think all women can say that we've had our own scary encounters and it just makes you think that it could've been any one of us...

Reporter: "Toyah wasn't the first beach goer to face danger at Wangetti

Hannah freeman: "we've felt some creepy vibes on this beach before and had encounters and things"

Police have gone public asking anyone who's been accosted or harassed on any Cairns beach to come forward, so they might believe Toyah was the victim of a random stranger crime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back