saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/cd6433efde021c20121a61c0cbea7725

Article is actually about the Suns, and the toilet they call a list, but within, there is mention of the fact that we'll have 16 Above Average or Elite players next year as per Champion Data, the most in the competition.

Full credit to Roos, Goodwin, Taylor and the recruiting team......over 5 years on paper we’ve turned the worst list into one of the best lists in the afl. Let’s hope we get the onfield rewards for our off field efforts.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Do we still have the worst midfield in the competition?
That was obviously some kind of mixup. Today we are believing what champion data says.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
A lot of kids who are in contention for the draft don’t follow teams madly like we do....a few years ago in the lead up to the 2015 draft I was working with a young bloke who nominated for the draft and he hadn’t supported a team growing up.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
You must be fun at parties

You must be inquisitive at funerals.

Bit disappointing though. Even GWS got a mention. They might convert a few fans at gunpoint, otherwise can't see why anyone would support them.

Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
Once you're in an AFL system ie it becomes your job all the emotional s**t you'd feel as a fan goes away for most.

A fella from Uni got a gig at a Vic club and he says that players are just normal people doing their "unique" job, They want to perform at their best and when they don't the media and forums are harsh judgers.

Sometimes you get rare types that really want to go to the clubs they grew up barracking for. Like beamer for example, But in this era it is exceedingly rare.

Although Howe ended up going to club he wanted despite strong money from the Suns, and Danger rejected millions to be at Geelong.

However it's mostly home state these days

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
A prospective players alliance towards a club doesnt matter once they get Drafted.

Also learnt Dean Bailey would of been an assistant coach in PA's coaching box in 04 when they won the flag

Never knew that
My partner was drafted to MFC back in 1890 or so. Grew up a pies supporter - and all the rest of the family are still pies supporters (the flogs). He has been Melbourne from pretty much that day on.

I’m sure there might be a couple of exceptions but the notion that this or that guy will trade back to your club because he was a supporter at age 7 is stupid. I wanted to be a Vet when I was 7. Doesn’t mean I want to stick my arm up a birthing cow these days one little bit.

A lot of kids who are in contention for the draft don’t follow teams madly like we do....a few years ago in the lead up to the 2015 draft I was working with a young bloke who nominated for the draft and he hadn’t supported a team growing up.
I can honestly say I didnt follow Melbourne as madly as I do now when I was still playing footy.. Once I stopped playing the Dees filled the void.

Im not saying I havent always loved them.. just wasnt the same all consuming passion that I have now.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
My partner was drafted to MFC back in 1890 or so. Grew up a pies supporter - and all the rest of the family are still pies supporters (the flogs). He has been Melbourne from pretty much that day on.

I’m sure there might be a couple of exceptions but the notion that this or that guy will trade back to your club because he was a supporter at age 7 is stupid. I wanted to be a Vet when I was 7. Doesn’t mean I want to stick my arm up a birthing cow these days one little bit.
1890! wow you must really like older men :D

Modern medicine has made many things possible.

3D printing too.

My old man used to play for the Roys but never really followed anyone before that. Used to go to a lot saints games before that, but never “followed” them as such.

He was very quick to drop AFL after 96. Watches Dees games now to keep up with me and my boy.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne v North Melbourne game from 1996 is currently playing on Fox Footy ... sadly, it's in honour of Wayne Carey, and we're being belted.
I was at that game and it was one of the greatest Individual performances by a player I had ever seen. I believe the Olympics were on at the same time so this game tends to be overlooked or forgotten.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I was at that game and it was one of the greatest Individual performances by a player I had ever seen. I believe the Olympics were on at the same time so this game tends to be overlooked or forgotten.
He's just kicked his 5th before half time ... I'm flicking between it and Monday Night Football, but what I've seen has been ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back