Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

We had injury problem last year, vuc, isaac and Ross missing large parts of the year.

I am just excited about what JI can bring to the table, if he stays injury free we have a bonafide all-star right there, but like I said he is most definitely a stretch 4 which leaves question marks over AG. We have a stacked front court, something needs to give but I am enjoying the ride atm.

JI very good tonight

Yeah man, absolutely elite performance on both ends... When he guards the 4 he gets to disrupt so many attempted shots, you see how smart he is when making decisions to help out defensively when the opposition attack the rim, so good.

AG was freakish in the 1st qtr, will be interesting to see how he goes along with the team as we go on the West Coast.

If Vuc is gonna continue to get close to triple-doubles I see no reason that we'd need to move him. I know that goes against the grain of the trend there but I think he's worth more to us than we often think.
He'll want a max contact next season. I think we're better off going with Bamba which to me makes Vuc expendable and a valuable trade asset with an expiring contract.

AG, Isaac and Bamba are our future. We just need a good PG to compliment them.

Vuc is almost guaranteed to be traded, I'd imagine a team like Utah or Memphis, team with a strong defence but needing a kick on offence.
Any team that get him will also have his bird rights so there definately value.

With Washington reportably wanting to blow up there roster by putting wall and Beal on the table. I'd love to see a trade of vuc and Ross for wall and Howard, salaries match and gives the wizards a complete reset with vuc and Ross on expiring contacts.
We get a gun point guard and a fan favourite centre to protect Bamba for 50 games then we dump him.

On the dunc’d on podcast on ?dridays show I think it was Nate Duncan suggested the same trade that I threw out here a week ago
Fultz, korkmaz, Patton

For

Simmons + Ross

Doesn’t really mean anything but both he and Danny leroux his cohost were thinking that Orlando was the prime trade partner.

If you don’t listen it’s a pretty geeky nba podcast. Lots of stats, salary cap etc.

On the dunc’d on podcast on ?dridays show I think it was Nate Duncan suggested the same trade that I threw out here a week ago
Fultz, korkmaz, Patton

For

Simmons + Ross

Doesn’t really mean anything but both he and Danny leroux his cohost were thinking that Orlando was the prime trade partner.

If you don’t listen it’s a pretty geeky nba podcast. Lots of stats, salary cap etc.
Orlando is in the fairly fortunate position of having 3 front court players with high ceilings (AG, JI, Bamba) and a number of effective players on very friendly/desirable contracts from a cap perspective (Vuc, Ross, Simmons). We should be able to get a very good PG + a good young player or a 1st round pick for those 3.

Vuc is first cab off the rank to be traded, he can put up his numbers all he wants but he continually gets schooled by sub-par bigs on the post, he also is a liability on switches and can't defend pick and rolls. If Washington had an interest in Vuc and we could somehow trade in for Wall, I'd do my lollies. Theres no denying Vuc is a quality player but he needs to be on a competing team so his defence is hidden, with us, whenever we lose you just need to look at the damage the opposition does in the paint.

Vuc is first cab off the rank to be traded, he can put up his numbers all he wants but he continually gets schooled by sub-par bigs on the post, he also is a liability on switches and can't defend pick and rolls. If Washington had an interest in Vuc and we could somehow trade in for Wall, I'd do my lollies. Theres no denying Vuc is a quality player but he needs to be on a competing team so his defence is hidden, with us, whenever we lose you just need to look at the damage the opposition does in the paint.
Have a read: https://uproxx.com/dimemag/wizards-magic-john-wall-nikola-vucevic-trade-rumors/2/

"A deal of Nikola Vucevic, D.J. Augustin, and a first-round pick works financially to land Wall. Orlando is already on pace to be a fringe playoff contender, so giving up their first-round pick this year isn’t necessarily giving up a phenomenal asset, but there’s no doubt Washington will demand a first in any Wall trade. Vucevic has been spectacular this season, but given the logjam of young bigs in Orlando it seems unlikely the Magic will be looking to re-sign him this summer."

That would leave us with a line-up something like this:

Wall (Grant/Briscoe)
Fournier (Ross)
Isaac (Simmons/Frazier Jr)
Gordon (Iwundu/Martin)
Bamba (Birch/Mozgov)

The only other move I could see us making would be Simmons paired with someone like Martin for a slight upgrade to the reserve PF.

I think that Washington would be foolish in driving too hard a bargain for wall, he's tradable this year because he's only making 19mil, as soon as next year ticks over he's borderline impossible to move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a read: https://uproxx.com/dimemag/wizards-magic-john-wall-nikola-vucevic-trade-rumors/2/

"A deal of Nikola Vucevic, D.J. Augustin, and a first-round pick works financially to land Wall. Orlando is already on pace to be a fringe playoff contender, so giving up their first-round pick this year isn’t necessarily giving up a phenomenal asset, but there’s no doubt Washington will demand a first in any Wall trade. Vucevic has been spectacular this season, but given the logjam of young bigs in Orlando it seems unlikely the Magic will be looking to re-sign him this summer."

That would leave us with a line-up something like this:

Wall (Grant/Briscoe)
Fournier (Ross)
Isaac (Simmons/Frazier Jr)
Gordon (Iwundu/Martin)
Bamba (Birch/Mozgov)

The only other move I could see us making would be Simmons paired with someone like Martin for a slight upgrade to the reserve PF.

That 5 is insanely athletic, and despite Fournier being a poor defender the rest of those guys have so much talent on that side of the floor.

My issue with Wall is he earns 40m after this season for the next 4 years, that takes him to 32 and probably the start of his decline in terms of output. That contract is big to take on, but what it does for us could also be huge. Wall is franchise guy, he can run a team and can kill you by getting to the rim and/or creating for team mates, he really suits Cliffords pace and space offence where preaches ball movement and kicking it to shooters.

Purely due to the contract I’d prefer Beale but I feel Wall is worth the risk.

I think that Washington would be foolish in driving too hard a bargain for wall, he's tradable this year because he's only making 19mil, as soon as next year ticks over he's borderline impossible to move.

They will trade him this year because as you say, there’s no takers with a 40m salary next your name.. has to be this season, and at least if we do get him we have stability at a position traditionally our organisation has always been poor in since Penny (Nelson was ok)

SVG was pretty good too.

I was never a fan, I felt like he could never truly bring a team together, for some reason it seemed that there was also personality issues and he did have some public spates that didn't look good.

Brian Hill did extremely well, so unlucky we never won a championship. That squad had so much ego, Shaq was larger than life and Penny was always a team player but was known to sulk, Nick Anderson very outspoken and not to dissimilar to Draymond with his expectations and driving standards. I thought coach Hill was exceptional.

The thing I am getting with Clifford is how organised we are and how much this team is playing as a team, it's simply lack of offensive talent that is killing us, we are getting into the right sets but when we lose its simply because we aren't talented enough to consistently hit jumpers.

I was never a fan, I felt like he could never truly bring a team together, for some reason it seemed that there was also personality issues and he did have some public spates that didn't look good.

Brian Hill did extremely well, so unlucky we never won a championship. That squad had so much ego, Shaq was larger than life and Penny was always a team player but was known to sulk, Nick Anderson very outspoken and not to dissimilar to Draymond with his expectations and driving standards. I thought coach Hill was exceptional.

The thing I am getting with Clifford is how organised we are and how much this team is playing as a team, it's simply lack of offensive talent that is killing us, we are getting into the right sets but when we lose its simply because we aren't talented enough to consistently hit jumpers.
We're missing someone like Wall, Westbrook, Lillard, Leonard, DeRozan etc who can get to the rim when the outside shots aren't falling. We started the 4th quarter something like 1/11, forced 7 TO's but Toronto still went 3/5 in the same time period.

Sooooo Fultz requested a trade from the Sixers today. Is he worth getting?
Only if its close to free. I was big on Fultz and made a few posts about us trying to chase him, not so much now though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back