List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he could be coming here!

Sons of Merv Neagle and Andrew Dunkley may end up at Essendon and Sydney in the rookie draft
http://afl.com.au/news/2018-11-20/afl-reveals-list-of-fathersons-and-academy-draft-nominees

Cheers, was about to post this article for everyone to read, provides a list of who we've nominated, which is a lot of players! Its amazing that when no team wants a player how mysteriously there is no longer any go home factors or unwillingness to go interestate.

I'd be pretty surprised if we select Dunkley in the Rookie Draft. I think we are much more likely to use those picks on players from the Academy.

Just did a quick check and we have picks 26 (729 points) and 32 (584 points) which is a grand total of 1313 points.

Pick 5 is 1878 points, but with the 20% discount that is 1502 points
Pick 6 is 1751 points, but with the 20% discount that is 1400 points
Pick 7 is 1644 points, but with the 20% discount that is 1315 points

so in order not to eat into picks 38, 39 and 40, we ideally need Blakey to be bid on pick 7 or later.
The prediction is Blakey will get a bid between 10-13

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd be pretty surprised if we select Dunkley in the Rookie Draft. I think we are much more likely to use those picks on players from the Academy.

I am pretty sure we will be able to select any academy players under nsw zone preselection rules which allows us to list them under category b (Bell and Brown were prelisted under those conditions last year). That is obviously provided they aren’t taken in the national draft which I feel is unlikely.

So we may be able to have our cake and eat it too if we want!

After watching all the videos I can on Blakey I have noticed one flaw in his game that I really hope he improves and that is his kicking range. He seems to have a kick that can go about 40 metres but no further. I have not really seen him kick anything from 50 metres. I mean it isn't the end of the world if he can't, but it would be nice if he could improve his kicking range so he can kick for goal on the 50 metre line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching all the videos I can on Blakey I have noticed one flaw in his game that I really hope he improves and that is his kicking range. He seems to have a kick that can go about 40 metres but no further. I have not really seen him kick anything from 50 metres. I mean it isn't the end of the world if he can't, but it would be nice if he could improve his kicking range so he can kick for goal on the 50 metre line.
That's a really simple fix. Leg weights.

That's a really simple fix. Leg weights.

To some extent for sure.

I can’t remember where I heard this, perhaps at a kicking clinic, but the biggest factor in the distance of the ball is leg speed and timing as opposed to absolute strength. A good example of this is Lewis Jetta.

However I have no doubt he will improve this aspect of his game.

Hi guys, please excuse the intrusion.
My query relates to Harrison Marsh. He was cut but no mention of him anywhere as a rookie or going into the draft.
Is he all done and moved on from football?
Cheers.

Hi guys, please excuse the intrusion.
My query relates to Harrison Marsh. He was cut but no mention of him anywhere as a rookie or going into the draft.
Is he all done and moved on from football?
Cheers.

I hope another team picks him up to be honest as while he was never going to be a star he had some good quality games for the Swans, and most of the time did his job quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back