News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Our only hope of getting started anytime soon is if Dingley turns into a marginal electorate, Geelong just had pledged another $100M which brings it to over $350M gifted to them.
I would imagine with Gov funding comes an obligation to make it readily available for community use.
If you fund it yourself you eliminate that obligation.

I would imagine with Gov funding comes an obligation to make it readily available for community use.
Clarko farms out Assistant Coaches like it's a community service - does that count?

Not sure the community gets much use out of that depressing shack out at Tullamarine but * still got state and federal funding.

Have to see one in Melbourne next time I'm down. What quack up here would even begin to understand?

Livin in the Land of the bandwagon up here.

But back to the Dingley discussion ...

Couldn't we all sign up as Members of the Church of Hawthorn, get the Club recognized as a religion and see if we can't get some concessions/ tax exemptions? How many do we need?

Been doing my part on census night, I decided to stop living in denial and recording my religion as Jedi. Have acknowledge my conversion to Member of the Church of Hawthorn Football Club. I know I'm not alone.
They already have a foundation you can donate to as a tax deduction

http://foundation.hawthornfc.com.au/donate

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I Work for a company that as part of its purview tracks development projects.

I just happen to be tracking this project for updates. :)

I got an update the other day that stated the expected start date has been pushed back from January 2019 to August 2019.

I should also get updates as other stages of the project progresses. What those updates are i cant predict at this stage but it will usually let me know up until construction starts and who may be working on the project. I may be back.

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I Work for a company that as part of its purview tracks development projects.

I just happen to be tracking this project for updates. :)

I got an update the other day that stated the expected start date has been pushed back from January 2019 to August 2019.

I should also get updates as other stages of the project progresses. What those updates are i cant predict at this stage but it will usually let me know up until construction starts and who may be working on the project. I may be back.

Ahh, finally, one of those updates Ned was telling me we'd be getting.
Oh wait a second, this isn't from the club, is it.....

Ahh, finally, one of those updates Ned was telling me we'd be getting.
Oh wait a second, this isn't from the club, is it.....
Is that really an update, though?

"There's been a delay. Not sure why. I might have more info later."

I appreciate the poster coming on & sharing that, but it's really not something I'd expect to hear from the Club.

Is that really an update, though?

"There's been a delay. Not sure why. I might have more info later."

I appreciate the poster coming on & sharing that, but it's really not something I'd expect to hear from the Club.

Yup. I honestly don't know why some people want a daily memo from the club outlining every single corporate happening.

Yup. I honestly don't know why some people want a daily memo from the club outlining every single corporate happening.
I definitely want to feel like I'm part of the Club & given that my interest is mainly emotional (than financial etc.), my wants are a little more pressing than say waiting for a shareholder update about quarterly performance against budgeted revenue or profit.

So... I get it. But sometimes there's nothing to say. Check Trade Week, for example. We don't shoot our mouth's of about targets & we shrewdly walk away when costs blow out above acceptable levels (Shiel). Then we land 2x AA players & a former Pick 7...

Yeah, we could've given daily updates or acted like North/Scum... but I'd really prefer not to be them.

I don't always love the way we do it & I'm 100% a believer that there's always room to evolve & improve, but I also appreciate that there's some things (despite me curiosity & wanting to be a part of it) that I just don't need to know...

Edit: Maybe, when ground works or construction starts, we could open a portal on the website that has live-feed cams of the site with a basic project milestone plan & a countdown to project completion? But then people would probably complain that it's crap & there's no discernable change & that we're just trying to make s**t up...

I'm eager for any and all information anyone can share about our club. Appreciate everything, Fam.

Oh I appreciate all updates and love anything positive or intriguing I hear about the club. That said - I don't fret or want heads to roll when the club stay silent on things that are either not worth updating or commercial in confidence.

Z we could open a portal on the website that has live-feed cams of the site with a basic project milestone plan & a countdown to project completion? But then people would probably complain that it's crap & there's no discernable change & that we're just trying to make s**t up...

I want to see Jeff digging!!

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I want to see Jeff digging!!
iu